Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

At the recent Public Meeting it was mentioned that there was a massive problem with the state of the changing rooms and showers which would require a substantial investment to replace those facilities.   Upwards of £10k was mentioned.   Who would want to Invest or fundraise a massive amount of money for a place you don't own.   If it was a fixed to the ground building it couldn't be taken to the next Buffs Park.    If the NAC gifted or sold at a reasonable sum or leased with a guarantee of occupancy for 30 years, rent pre-paid, then I would consider donating a small sum towards the necessary improvements.   I am reluctant to give anything while it all can go up in smoke.

If it can't be resolved and the club moves to Pennyburn and requires a cash injection I would donate provided Buffs were given sufficient security of tenure.  

I watched a Dalry match at Pennyburn some time ago and they appeared to manage fine... complaints about the size of the park aside.   The guy I know on KSC's management team said that interlink fencing could be installed around the pitch perimeter and banners attached to prevent non-paying spectators.   There would be other alterations to make it more suitable as a Junior football venue.   My first preference s to stay at Abbey Park suitably upgraded but if that is not going to happen then I would support the move to KSC.  The only other alternative I can think of is to ground-share with any of the following; Winton, Saltcoats Vics, Ardeer, Irvine Vics and I could be forced to go to the Medda, heavily sedated.

Whether the council give a long term lease on Abbey Park or not isn't even the most important thing. There is no intension to suggest that is in jeopardy.

It's the fact that reading between the lines we are looking at the present committee stepping down and a new committee taking over, who have refused to provide any details about how they propose to fund the required upgrades. How are we expected to donate to a club which changes hands every couple of years?

Realistically what is needed to move to KSC? Does it require a vote amongst season ticket holders or can the present committee decide to do it without any such process taking place?

Regarding the show pitches at Pennyburn - they are tight but I would imagine a new Buffs park would have to encompass the first two pitches in order to accommodate stands/terracing etc. You could even turn it 90 degrees from the present position. All pie in the sky stuff just now though.

59 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Whether the council give a long term lease on Abbey Park or not isn't even the most important thing. There is no intension to suggest that is in jeopardy.

It's the fact that reading between the lines we are looking at the present committee stepping down and a new committee taking over, who have refused to provide any details about how they propose to fund the required upgrades. How are we expected to donate to a club which changes hands every couple of years?

Realistically what is needed to move to KSC? Does it require a vote amongst season ticket holders or can the present committee decide to do it without any such process taking place?

Regarding the show pitches at Pennyburn - they are tight but I would imagine a new Buffs park would have to encompass the first two pitches in order to accommodate stands/terracing etc. You could even turn it 90 degrees from the present position. All pie in the sky stuff just now though.

The present chairman wont move buffs against peoples wishes . The fact is a certain group were formed to build changing rooms which at the last meeting where given go ahead but there does not seem to be a forward plan . I would like to see the group give the state of where they are at to the support 

The present chairman wont move buffs against peoples wishes . The fact is a certain group were formed to build changing rooms which at the last meeting where given go ahead but there does not seem to be a forward plan . I would like to see the group give the state of where they are at to the support 
I know he won't but could he though? What are the legal or bureaucratic obstacles?

From what I've seen and heard,the group that wanted 2 stay and raise money 4 improvements have came up with nothing in last 6 months.Now is the time 2 put up or shut up I'd say!!!

3 hours ago, energyzone said:
3 hours ago, S couse said:

I know he won't but could he though? What are the legal or bureaucratic obstacles?

The best possible route would be to:

1: Carry out a survey and questionnaire about what the people of Kilwinning think.

2: Produce plans for a new ground or regeneration

3: Have a vote/ballot for members, volunteers and employees (find someone not related to club to adjudicate)

Theres not much point in the committee having another open meeting, they’ve so far produced little.

Is there another/better route?

Edited by parkcircus

1: Carry out a survey and questionnaire about what the people of Kilwinning think.
3: Have a vote/ballot for members, volunteers and employees (find someone not related to club to adjudicate)
Theres not much point in the committee having another open meeting, they’ve so far produced little.

As a lifelong buffs fan I totally agree time to stop talking let's see action from those concerned ..

Ive just now looked at the Google Map's satellite view of KSC at Pennyburn and the Show Pitch is the same dimensions as Buffs pitch if you move the goal line back 2 metres ( there is room to do it) at the Golf driving Range end.   There is enough room for 4 full size football pitches, so pitch size isn't a factor.

I also checked out Almswall Park, a hidden gem, who knew that was there,  a full size all weather pitch with ample spare ground around for spectators and vehicles ( 4X4s) and modern changing facilities - is it NAC owned, would they swap it for Abbey Park and give Planning Consent for additional facilities and a long lease?

Yes, just sign the lease papers at KSC on your final day and ride off into the sunset!

I just wasn't sure about the legal process. The problem will be how to guage the support for a move and how to decide, e.g would a 51/49 split be enough etc. There will always be detractors and people so connected to the present ground that they can't countenance moving.

It's a no-brainer for me (and my wife and kids are fine with moving as well by the way.)

53 minutes ago, Marlowe said:

Ive just now looked at the Google Map's satellite view of KSC at Pennyburn and the Show Pitch is the same dimensions as Buffs pitch if you move the goal line back 2 metres ( there is room to do it) at the Golf driving Range end.   There is enough room for 4 full size football pitches, so pitch size isn't a factor.

I also checked out Almswall Park, a hidden gem, who knew that was there,  a full size all weather pitch with ample spare ground around for spectators and vehicles ( 4X4s) and modern changing facilities - is it NAC owned, would they swap it for Abbey Park and give Planning Consent for additional facilities and a long lease?

Playing on grass is a must

Also the Almswall Astro needs replaced, 170k and the council don’t plan on upgrading it any time soon after investing in Kilwinning Academy Astro 

There's hardly a blade of astro grass left on the Almswall Park pitch. It's in a sorry state. It would be a good venue for a club though.
The ground around almswell park is flooded 10 months out of the year getting insurance would be a no no its ksc or abbey park

On 12/12/2018 at 19:16, Marlowe said:

Got to laugh at all the people on here who are signing leases and changing the layout of pitches etc at KSC to accommodate The Buffs. What are the people and members from KSC who have taken almost 20 years to create KSC saying about it? 

9 hours ago, GLESGABOY said:

Got to laugh at all the people on here who are signing leases and changing the layout of pitches etc at KSC to accommodate The Buffs. What are the people and members from KSC who have taken almost 20 years to create KSC saying about it? 

Through the membership the Buffs already have at KSC,  member club, they are already entitled to play home matches there and have their referee fees paid, this is included in the price the Buffs already pay.

In terms of a lease, it isn’t required, KSC is now on a path to profitability and is an SFA Platinum Legacy Club, with support from NAC, SFA, SportScotland and the Scottish Football Partnership.

However a lease can be provided, KSC land is owned by the council as is Abbey Park so it would be the same lease agreement.

If KSC was to have some financial problems they’d close off the areas that don’t provide profit and not offer as long opening hours, this is already planned for if that was to happen and they can’t foresee people stop playing football so that side of the organisation will be there forever.

Turning the pitches isn’t needed and now that KSC drainage problems are fixed the show parks will be resized at the end of the season to their full size  which makes it the same length and slightly wider than Abbey Park, there are plans for hospitality area, catering, match toilets, 4 step terrace, stand covering, pitch perimeter paths and privacy fencing with or without KRFCs involvement.

Hope that helps P

7 hours ago, parkcircus said:

Through the membership the Buffs already have at KSC,  member club, they are already entitled to play home matches there and have their referee fees paid, this is included in the price the Buffs already pay.

In terms of a lease, it isn’t required, KSC is now on a path to profitability and is an SFA Platinum Legacy Club, with support from NAC, SFA, SportScotland and the Scottish Football Partnership.

However a lease can be provided, KSC land is owned by the council as is Abbey Park so it would be the same lease agreement.

If KSC was to have some financial problems they’d close off the areas that don’t provide profit and not offer as long opening hours, this is already planned for if that was to happen and they can’t foresee people stop playing football so that side of the organisation will be there forever.

Turning the pitches isn’t needed and now that KSC drainage problems are fixed the show parks will be resized at the end of the season to their full size  which makes it the same length and slightly wider than Abbey Park, there are plans for hospitality area, catering, match toilets, 4 step terrace, stand covering, pitch perimeter paths and privacy fencing with or without KRFCs involvement.

Hope that helps P

I love Abbey Park, some great memories but when anyone has asked you a question you have answered with detail and respect and for that thanks. The move to the sports club has to happen for the sake of the club and anyone who disagrees is naive in thinking that the club can move forward by remaining at Abbey Park.

Edited by Louis Mooie

Sounds a great move now can someone please let's know what is available regarding staying at buffs park or are the rumours true they have no money or future plans for staying at Abbey park speak up to atleast stop the rumours as time is running out quick .

Hope that helps P
Sounds a great move now can someone please let's know what is available regarding staying at buffs park or are the rumours true they have no money or future plans for staying at Abbey park speak up to atleast stop the rumours as time is running out quick .