Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

1 hour ago, parkcircus said:

Guys, the budget is £80per week higher than last season.

With the good league run and winning the Ayrshire Cup we decided at the close season to back the Manager and try and get a good run in the Scottish since it’s the 20th anniversary of winning it.

It’s now been made clear by a section of the membership that we arnt wanted at the club and our personal involvement with the Buffs youth section and KSC is seen as a conflict of interest by them.

Our goal now it to reduce the wage bill to match the income that a committee with the prospect of regeneration of Abbey Park can manage next season.

With Colin Evans no longer involved the club will be £20k+ worse off, I’m sure some of the sponsors will renew but lots of them won’t, also I won’t be there to cover the gap so we have to reduce the budget, our team budget should be about the same as a top championship side if we go on basic matchday income with some sponsorship.

That’s all very understandable and the Scottish cup is still ongoing with another good draw and great chance of progressing to the next round. 

From what I’m hearing the transfer of McKenzie is now leaving the rest of the players wondering if their jobs are at risk this could affect the performances on a match day and therefore affect crowds due to lack of results in the league.

2 hours ago, parkcircus said:

With the good league run and winning the Ayrshire Cup we decided at the close season to back the Manager and try and get a good run in the Scottish since it’s the 20th anniversary of winning it.

It’s now been made clear by a section of the membership that we arnt wanted at the club and our personal involvement with the Buffs youth section and KSC is seen as a conflict of interest by them.

Our goal now it to reduce the wage bill to match the income that a committee with the prospect of regeneration of Abbey Park can manage next season.

With Colin Evans no longer involved the club will be £20k+ worse off, I’m sure some of the sponsors will renew but lots of them won’t, also I won’t be there to cover the gap so we have to reduce the budget, our team budget should be about the same as a top championship side if we go on basic matchday income with some sponsorship.

What the hell is wrong with people, why on earth would you have a problem with people being involved in Kilwinning youth teams or the sports club as well as the junior side. These people need to leave there egos behind and realise it’s the club that matters not backstabbing each other.

What the hell is wrong with people, why on earth would you have a problem with people being involved in Kilwinning youth teams or the sports club as well as the junior side. These people need to leave there egos behind and realise it’s the club that matters not backstabbing each other.
Because running Kilwinning Rangers is like dealing with a Tory cabinet - there always seems to be backstabbing and political manoeuvring by those who think they can do better. See the treatment of Chris Strain the night Buffs won promotion against Shettleston as an example.

If there are people out there with a concrete plan as to how to improve Abbey Park to a good standard while remaining competitive then now would be a really good time to show their hand.

By section of 'the membership' you must mean the Season Ticket holders.   Within that group there are clones of Statler and Waldorf from the Muppet Show,  they will moan no matter who is running the club and don't care about how much time, effort and money they are contributing.  It's like party politics ... they will never agree, and they will never put themselves in the position of financing the club themselves, they actually prefer being permanent opposition.   It's hard to just ignore them but remember the discounted season tickets are only for home league games and they shouldn't be entitled  to be ' members' with undue and disproportionate influence in how the club is managed.    There are former movers and shakers who are disgruntled Ex- Buffs and who cannot just park it and move on.  Ignore them too.

Also within the same group are those who provide financial and other support to whoever is in charge and are aware of the contribution of the 2 Colins and will continue to provide that support in the hope you will continue in position and even recruit others with the financial means to keep the club at a high level.

Here's a wee thought, if everyone connected with the club, ie, players and management, committee, and the 142 long-suffering diehards, plus the season ticket holders each  brought just ONE other paying spectator the gate and draw ticket and food cabin income would surely increase with Gate Entrance of 400 or so.

Thus the main problem is solved, or at least swept under the carpet for the rest of the season.  Cheersmedears.

On 12/10/2018 at 12:36, passbackdave said:

Why do use need or want 2 move from abbey park? Use have done alot of good work there over the last 3-4 seasons. Sports centres grounds aint the answer thatll drive people away.

Mon the papers

It's very like having an old car that's not really yours but is on loan from an unfriendly unhelpful uncle who won't give ownership to you but requires you to pay to keep it maintained and the banger constantly needs money spent on it and the guy up the road says I'll rent you what you need only when you need it and it'll only cost you half what you are paying now. 

It's also saying to the main cash providers we want you to pay this extra £3,000 per season because we want to stay here but don't expect us to help out with our own money.

Edited by Marlowe
specsavers fail

First of all thank you to the out going committee for all the hard work that they have but in to move the buffs forward but to no avail we are left standing still due the few that can't see what lies ahead .
With the pyramid system due to click in sooner than you think will buffs be playing amateur junior or semi pro league football in the future that lies with those incoming committee members best of luck or will buffs be playing football full stop .

All of the infighting is doing the club no good. Everybody has the best interests of the club at heart, the issue is agreeing on what those interests are.

Colin Evans is big loss to the club, he brought in a lot of sponsorship income. Colin Boyd has put a lot of time and money into the club and, if anything, has shown a level of ambition that has been too big for the club to sustain.

All of this is having a big impact upon the players too, that was evident on Saturday.

Who knows where we go from here? There will be others waiting in the wings, but the Buffs always seem to be in turmoil.

On 06/12/2018 at 16:35, kabjo said:

All of the infighting is doing the club no good. Everybody has the best interests of the club at heart, the issue is agreeing on what those interests are.
Colin Evans is big loss to the club, he brought in a lot of sponsorship income. Colin Boyd has put a lot of time and money into the club and, if anything, has shown a level of ambition that has been too big for the club to sustain.
All of this is having a big impact upon the players too, that was evident on Saturday.
Who knows where we go from here? There will be others waiting in the wings, but the Buffs always seem to be in turmoil.

The problem is the 1s waiting in the wings are dinosaurs who can't see junior football is changing and we need 2 keep up with the times.The old chairman had his time n I for 1 don't want him back near the committee.

Folks, I'll try and answer as much as I can for you, hope this helps, also, give me a call if you've any concerns with the Buffs and I'll do what I can to answer you. 

Carilly:
I haven't heard from any other players but I've asked the manager to explain what's going on to the rest of the squad.

Louis Mooie:
People have different opinions on what the Buffs should be, we saw the pyramid coming and knew it would come like a tidal wave over the Juniors once the EOSJ teams started moving to the EOS, next will be a revamp of the Scottish Junior Cup in the next few seasons.

energyzone:
The committee have asked a couple of times for the other group to come along to a committee meeting and let us know what plans they have, you never know we might be in a position to help but haven't been offered any information or attendance.

Indy2:
That really depends on the goal, if its SFA licensing then Abbey Park is out of the question, mainly due to nothing there having any planning permission so the club can't get a crowd capacity saftey certificate which is point 5.1 of the guidelines, ie the first point.
If the goals to never go for a license and maybe drop down a division then Abbey Park is will be ok as it is should the dressing rooms stay up the hill, however the council have said the units will have to go some day.
The cost for licensing the Sportsclub will be the cost of one stand £18K Stadium Solutions, opening the cafe and match day toilets £4K, fencing and paths around £5K, upgrading bar unit £5K. So about £30/40K.
The running costs at Abbey Park are around £20k per year, the running cost at KSC would be £4K, the differance could then go into the upgrading over 3 seasons.

Marlowe:
Great post, bring a friend could be something arranged for Non League day

passbackdave:
The work complete till now has mostly been jobs under £5K, removing sleepers etc, the cost of actually putting buildings up is another ball game all together as we saw when we took over and looked into the cost of finishing Bill's gate, £30K required for a gate, that's why its was shelved.
Also, North Ayrshire Council own our park and we lease it from them

kabjo:
Thanks, we had a 5 year plan, the plan to improve the playing squad until the youth teams produced players to come into the team, 2/3 seasons. Rebuild all the park, that halted when we found out that nothing had planning permission and after consulting SportScotland were told if we didnt have £120K in the bank dont even start on a changing room.

North Ayrshire, SportScotland, The SFA and Scottish Football Parntership all back a move, which means there's no funding for Abbey Park, as we've found out.

funky monkey:
Colin is a big loss, however on the playing front in the last 6 weeks we've signed Syme, and brought Whyte and Coleman back, we recieved an offer for McKenzie and accepted it, this is part of football. The plan was to avoid the turmoil and other than point out that the changing rooms will not last forever I don't know how we could say it another way. There wasnt a plan to move, yes I helped financially remodel KSC to make it more sustainable but that was for the youth section, the Buffs moving to KSC is actually a bad deal for KSC but they were open to it.
I never thought we could do a Kelty but when promotion opens up we'd have at least liked to be able to go for it.

buffy1899:
I never put myself in the position to take on the Buffs, I was asked 4 times by the exchairman to do it and I refused each time, I was happy pushing barrows of bricks about, but when what was left of the voluteers said to me they would all leave if he stayed on I decided to help them out as helping the Buffs out was the only thing some of them had.

Thanks for ur reply patkcircus i didnt expect 1 as am a bankie but hope use get it all sorted asap. Ive worked beside a few buffs fans over the years on building sites so always looked out for ur results plus i think ur manager is a decent guy very passionate sometimes does the wrong thing but overall good guy and manager

Mon the papers

Abbey Park is a busted flush. It's fine if you want to hark back to the days of regular 1000+ attendances (whenever that was) and the good old days of junior football.

But the juniors only has months left and then we're (probably) in a nationwide system. If we don't move to KSC we are condemning ourselves to forever be a Saltcoats or an Ardeer (no offence to either club), loitering about the bottom divisions with only the occasional foray into the leagues above. We can say goodbye to the Talbots and Beiths because they have the infrastructure in place that will mean they can pay for players while we penny pinch for years and years to try and raise the sum required for some actual buildings.

I watched Dirrans play on the KSC show pitch on Saturday and the place has so much potential.

Having only lived in the town for 5 years I have no loyalty to the current stadium so it's easy for me to be open to a move. The time is coming for everyone to make their minds up, although maybe with the upcoming change in management that ship has sailed.

6 hours ago, Marlowe said:

It's very like having an old car that's not really yours but is on loan from an unfriendly unhelpful uncle who won't give ownership to you but requires you to pay to keep it maintained and the banger constantly needs money spent on it and the guy up the road says I'll rent you what you need only when you need it and it'll only cost you half what you are paying now. 

It's also saying to the main cash providers we want you to pay this extra £30,000 per season because we want to stay here but don't expect us to help out with our own money.

Are you saying that buffs pay £30k p.a to rent abbey park from NAC?

I have ,along with others,watched,played ,even painted stands as a 10 year old at Abbey park n protested years ago 2 stay there,but sad 2 say the money is not there 2 bring it up 2 an acceptable standard 4 the future n if it means in 3 to 5 years we have a new stadium fit 2 progress in the future I'm all 4 it .coyb.

4 hours ago, ChinaX said:

Are you saying that buffs pay £30k p.a to rent abbey park from NAC?

No!  Re-read the post please.   Even if Buffs got the park rent-free there is a list of things which require paying because we are the tenants.  The season lasts for 40 weeks with half of that being home games plus some cup matches.  So for 4 hours use per Saturday afternoon for at most 22 days = 88 hours for a season we have to pay Water, Electricity and Rates etc on an Annual basis.  My analogy is to compare renting a car for the four hours you actually need to use it as opposed to paying through the nose to have it sit in the street doing nothing but cost you money.   Other posters will outline the costs of getting a Junior Club up and ready for the rapidly approaching future major changes.   I played schools football cup finals at Abbey Park 60 years ago and was born within a mile of the place, so I am emotionally attached to it, but unless Andrew Carnegie Re- Incarnated materialises the time has come to move on.  Hope this helps you, slainge mhath!

11 hours ago, Marlowe said:

No!  Re-read the post please.   Even if Buffs got the park rent-free there is a list of things which require paying because we are the tenants.  The season lasts for 40 weeks with half of that being home games plus some cup matches.  So for 4 hours use per Saturday afternoon for at most 22 days = 88 hours for a season we have to pay Water, Electricity and Rates etc on an Annual basis.  My analogy is to compare renting a car for the four hours you actually need to use it as opposed to paying through the nose to have it sit in the street doing nothing but cost you money.   Other posters will outline the costs of getting a Junior Club up and ready for the rapidly approaching future major changes.   I played schools football cup finals at Abbey Park 60 years ago and was born within a mile of the place, so I am emotionally attached to it, but unless Andrew Carnegie Re- Incarnated materialises the time has come to move on.  Hope this helps you, slainge mhath!

I don't have a strong view one way or another as to Abbey Park vs Pennyburn (although I prefer enclosed stand-alone terraced grounds over soulless facilities which are part of a larger sports ground) and I only responded to your post as the quoted figure of £30k per season seemed a bit excessive and my assumption was that this included a big chunk of rent. On the basis now that no rent is payable for Abbey Park are you saying that £30k is the current annual cost for utilities and ground upkeep at Abbey Park?

You only pay for electricity/water used so presumably the annual cost would be similar for Pennyburn (unless the deal is that the Pennyburn facility is provided free of charge!). I may be wrong but I don't think that business rates will be payable for Abbey Park. I take the point that annual running costs may be slightly less at Pennyburn but surely not to the level of £30k per season.

On 10/12/2018 at 07:25, parkcircus said:

Scottish haha

On 10/12/2018 at 10:30, Louis Mooie said:

Have you ever sat on the supporters bus gringe worthy