Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

Does seem to be a few familiar faces missing. The football isnt as good this season and we aren't challenging at the top and unlikely to be involved in the relegation battle, so little to play for. Even the cup ties have been poorly attended. Won't be much money about to spend on players, we have a small playing squad with unfilled spaces on the bench being the norm. Despite this, probably the first season in years where we have firmly established ourselves in the top league again.

I think it's really poor n yes a lot of the usual faces from last few seasons have drifted away.No doubt they'll all cum back if we get 2 later stages of the Scottish.I can c us letting a cpl of the bigger paid players go at this rate.

5 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

I think it's really poor n yes a lot of the usual faces from last few seasons have drifted away.No doubt they'll all cum back if we get 2 later stages of the Scottish.I can c us letting a cpl of the bigger paid players go at this rate.

Our home support contrasts to our away support which is holding up pretty well. Opposing club treasurers always happy when Buffs are visiting.

Our home support contrasts to our away support which is holding up pretty well. Opposing club treasurers always happy when Buffs are visiting.

Aye ,it's a strange 1,always take a good away support,but it has 2 change at home or we risk losing some of our better players.

29 minutes ago, lonewolfie said:

May be that the revival at Killie, and at Ayr, has attracted a number of fans away from the Juniors?

Aye that is possible. As a long term ST holder at RP until 2012, I am very tempted by the positivity coming out of Kilmarnock these days. Would love to do AP and RP ....

Aye that is possible. As a long term ST holder at RP until 2012, I am very tempted by the positivity coming out of Kilmarnock these days. Would love to do AP and RP ....

Know there is a few killie and Rangers fans who come 2 games wen there team are not playing.

Get a set of non-blinking floodlights and play on a FRIDAY NIGHT and watch the crowds roll in.   Not so very long ago Winton Rovers had a Friday night Floodlit match and attracted a very good crowd.   As lights go their's are a bit low and blinding from a distance but better than nothing.

21 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Get a set of non-blinking floodlights and play on a FRIDAY NIGHT and watch the crowds roll in.   Not so very long ago Winton Rovers had a Friday night Floodlit match and attracted a very good crowd.   As lights go their's are a bit low and blinding from a distance but better than nothing.

I think this is a tremendous idea, but requires money.

Crowds at most junior clubs are deteriorating so something needs to be done to generate an interest again. 

The should we stay or should we go stuff at the start of the season didn't help much.

I think this is a tremendous idea, but requires money.
Crowds at most junior clubs are deteriorating so something needs to be done to generate an interest again. 
The should we stay or should we go stuff at the start of the season didn't help much.

Your probably right,but where is a lot of the fans who were vocal at staying at Abbey Park??

25 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

Your probably right,but where is a lot of the fans who were vocal at staying at Abbey Park??

Honestly don't know. I think it's a combination of factors, most mentioned above, that are keeping people away. It's been noticeable the drop in numbers this season. Would any move to the sports club provide a bigger home support?

Honestly don't know. I think it's a combination of factors, most mentioned above, that are keeping people away. It's been noticeable the drop in numbers this season. Would any move to the sports club provide a bigger home support?

Not sure,agree it's a lot of factors,just think if fans want 2 stay there,they need 2 start showing up.Hospitality always a good earner 4 club,but not 2 enough 2 sustain what there paying out.

It depends what kind of club we want to be once the pyramid kicks in. Do we want to emulate clubs such as Annan, Alloa or Stenhousemuir, each of whom play in smaller towns than Kilwinning? Or do we just want to exist in the lower leagues and play the same local teams every year?

Abbey Park isn't going to support the first option but can be incrementally improved to suit the second. The changing rooms and overall facilities aren't even good enough for the level we're at, and we won't have the money to improve things anytime soon.

Moving to Pennyburn wouldn't have bothered me, but I don't have the same ties to the club and ground that a lot of others have.

May be that the revival at Killie, and at Ayr, has attracted a number of fans away from the Juniors?

Great shout by the way, never considered that. I won’t say Kilmarnock’s attendances are up by 1000 every week but there was almost that amount extra on Saturday against Hibs. If even 5% of that comes from the Kilwinning support (and it could be more) then you’ve got a fair chunk.

Compared to 2016/17 (as a couple of years ago was mentioned) Kilmarnock’s average is up by around 600 although we haven’t played Rangers at home yet this year. Compared to the last “only Celtic” season 2015-16 (who we’ve had a home game against already), our average attendances are up by 1122.

Also worth noting that, if you go back to the 2015/16 season Rangers average is up from 45,500 to 49,300 which I’m sure is slightly impacting on the Buffs as well.

Just to add some figures to it:

Home takings are down 30% on this time last season.

Estimated crowd on Saturday was 142, we’d 300 in the budget for that match.

One factor could be that we’ve played 25 games in 4 months, that’s a lot of matches.

Another is that some fans are opting out of the raffle etc to fund raise for the changing rooms, which is having an impact but is understandable.

3 hours ago, parkcircus said:

Just to add some figures to it:

Home takings are down 30% on this time last season.

Estimated crowd on Saturday was 142, we’d 300 in the budget for that match.

One factor could be that we’ve played 25 games in 4 months, that’s a lot of matches.

Another is that some fans are opting out of the raffle etc to fund raise for the changing rooms, which is having an impact but is understandable.

142 is a really poor attendance, I estimated about 200 on the day, but poor regardless. We had more at district league games. 

Answers on a postcard, what's the solution ....

142 is a really poor attendance, I estimated about 200 on the day, but poor regardless. We had more at district league games. 
Answers on a postcard, what's the solution ....

1 step would be 4 the constant bickering towards committee members over parks,facilities etc 2 stop n get behind the team,as that us lost a real Buffs man off the committee, coz of the hassle he was getting and he was the main reason we have so many new sponsor boards round that park!!!

Buffs attendance stats would appear similar to most other sides at a similar level despite being a fairly large town.
Support tends to comprise of a hail rain or shine core and then numbers will fluctuate re success, weather, time of year etc.
Its fine to be forward thinking but it is what it is and clubs have to cut their cloth re wages they can pay and likes of ground development accordingly.

29 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

1 step would be 4 the constant bickering towards committee members over parks,facilities etc 2 stop n get behind the team,as that us lost a real Buffs man off the committee, coz of the hassle he was getting and he was the main reason we have so many new sponsor boards round that park!!!

Just heard of the resignation. If true, that's a real loss to the club. As you say, responsible for the large number of advert boards around the park. I hope he reconsiders, but if it's causing him grief, then who can blame him for resigning. The should we stay or should we go stuff is causing uneccessary in fighting at our club at a time when the club needs some unity.