Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

The performance was abysmal on Saturday. It's clear that there is no inspiration left although I think Barry Fleeting's voice on the touchline would bore anybody to sleep... :lol:

Carlo was virtually non-existent, but he played up front, central midfield and left-back in the one game. No wonder he looked lost for the majority of the match.

It was clear that Jamie Whyte had been playing with Dalry (where they don't tend to have linesmen) for a few weeks as he seemed to forget about the offside rule. The assistant on our side was always around 4 yards behind the defensive line so unsurprisingly got a few wrong for both sides.

A helluva lot of " Oh! Woe is me!" going on.  There are obvious problems with some of the players unable or unwilling to lay off a pass to a fellow Buffs player., however all the problems would be solved if only they scored some goals.  However, that can't happen as they have lost the knack of shooting a goalbound shot.  It was so bad that Wardrope got applauded for putting another one over the bar because it was nearer the bar than his earlier efforts. Curragh sent one towards Buckreddan from just outside the penalty box and turned to his detractors with a gesture suggesting 'well at least I had a go'.  Nowhere near good enough, and he was often outjumped by the ginger guy who is about 5'8".   Boylan had a reasonable effort which would have been better if the ball hadn't been passed behind him, yet later on a fast run into the left side of the box he took an extra touch and was then shot-blocked.    I cringe when I watched them play the warm-up fast passing and moving because it seldom happens during the game.  Why not just practise shooting, Adam Strain could certainly do with the practice of having proper shots aimed at his goal and would somebody please get him a plastic sun visor.    Sam has never been the ideal left back as he is too easily muscled out of the way but he is such a lot better on the attack and if he learned the art of long throws he would be an ideal wing half.   Joe's replacement has not yet mastered the art of never let a winger go by and it's costing us goals.   Pettigrew has to be anchored in front of the goals when not in possession as he has a tendency to drift to the wings and leaves a hole that no-one fills.  Mini-rant over.  

16 minutes ago, SaltyTON said:

The performance was abysmal on Saturday. It's clear that there is no inspiration left although I think Barry Fleeting's voice on the touchline would bore anybody to sleep... :lol:

Carlo was virtually non-existent, but he played up front, central midfield and left-back in the one game. No wonder he looked lost for the majority of the match.

It was clear that Jamie Whyte had been playing with Dalry (where they don't tend to have linesmen) for a few weeks as he seemed to forget about the offside rule. The assistant on our side was always around 4 yards behind the defensive line so unsurprisingly got a few wrong for both sides.

In the first half I was on the stand side in line with the 18 yard line and Brian Boylan was, as usual, caught offside often, but as he regularly harasses the defence so he can be forgiven, but McKenzie was offside most of the time and making no effort to look across the defenders'   trap line.  How to mess up your team's attacking effort with no effort at all.

The performance was abysmal on Saturday. It's clear that there is no inspiration left although I think Barry Fleeting's voice on the touchline would bore anybody to sleep... [emoji38]

I agree bout the performance,though don't think u can blame Barry.we need a strong captain on the park n I'd give that 2 Syme or Fleming,as along with Boylan bout the only players willing 2 go in where it hurts.Howthere was nothing said after game 2 players and they were showered,changed in the bar 10/15 mins after game is beyond me.Time 4 some home truths or big changes.

1 hour ago, buffy1899 said:

I agree bout the performance,though don't think u can blame Barry.we need a strong captain on the park n I'd give that 2 Syme or Fleming,as along with Boylan bout the only players willing 2 go in where it hurts.Howthere was nothing said after game 2 players and they were showered,changed in the bar 10/15 mins after game is beyond me.Time 4 some home truths or big changes.

Who would you give pass marks to on Saturday, was working and missed game.

That's a difficult question.Boylan 4 his work rate and having our only 2 shots on goal.the rest is a struggle.Defence seemed really unsettled ,either with Whyte coming back in or the constant switching between 3 and 4 at the back.

3 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

Re nothing being said after the game - I heard today that “home truths” will be given to the players tonight at training as manager was too angry after game. Seems sensible to me to let things cool down as immediately after a poor performance things  can be said in the heat of the moment which do not help things going forward

2 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

That's a difficult question.Boylan 4 his work rate and having our only 2 shots on goal.the rest is a struggle.Defence seemed really unsettled ,either with Whyte coming back in or the constant switching between 3 and 4 at the back.

That is a major problem in that the manager does not know his strongest eleven. Players who were let go from last season have not been replaced with better. In my opinion Pettigrew and Syme have been our best players by a country mile this season but the rest have been poor but that is down to these players knowing that there is no competition for places and they will be playing each week. Whyte, Curragh, McLevy nowhere near good enough. I don’t know the clubs financial state but for the benefit of the team do we sell a Monti or a Boylan to invest in a right back, central midfielder to replace Liam and a left back and push Sam on one. Just a thought.

That is a major problem in that the manager does not know his strongest eleven. Players who were let go from last season have not been replaced with better. In my opinion Pettigrew and Syme have been our best players by a country mile this season but the rest have been poor but that is down to these players knowing that there is no competition for places and they will be playing each week. Whyte, Curragh, McLevy nowhere near good enough. I don’t know the clubs financial state but for the benefit of the team do we sell a Monti or a Boylan to invest in a right back, central midfielder to replace Liam and a left back and push Sam on one. Just a thought.

I agree with Syme,bn a great signing,think Pettigrew bn a bit unsure n nervy in some games ,unlike last season,but is that due to constant changes?.Monti is a shadow of last season.Boylans a must keep 4 me,looked the only player genuinely gutted after game on Saturday.massive game Saturday on and off the park(financially).ps need big Fleming back in midfield behind wardrope.

20 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

Passmarks for work rate is terrible reason work rate should be given from everyone boylan has been miles off it for weeks.

I'm not going to disagree but mckenzie is the top scoring forward plus he has only played half the game time of boylan

Most of those goals came against district teams in sectional cup.boylan hasn't bn as good since his hols,but we r not creating much from midfield either.

31 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

Most of those goals came against district teams in sectional cup.boylan hasn't bn as good since his hols,but we r not creating much from midfield either.

Who has boylan scored against?petershill fist league game of season who else? against no doubt mckenzie hasn’t been anywhere near as good as he should be but looking at all forwards for buffs  who had been and as said before his goal ratio is best in team for time he has played and also hasn’t had a run up front like Monti position changing continually.

On 11/19/2018 at 17:56, Louis Mooie said:

Difficult question as even though some tried, they failed collectively to actually achieve anything.

I can't fail Adam Strain, as he was hung out to dry for the goals. Boylan, aside from failing to understand the offside rule, tried to make the odd thing happen. Maybe pass marks to Sam for trying to get Squib into the game, but nothing was really working.

Chris Strain maybe gets pass marks for restraint and not chinning that twat of a linesman for shouting at him for no reason?

Chris Strain maybe gets pass marks for restraint and not chinning that twat of a linesman for shouting at him for no reason?

Poor Chris - officials are always having a pop at him for absolutely nothing - it’s a bloody disgrace them picking on the wee soul

At least he didn’t jump the barrier and hide behind the dug out like he did when Cumnock played the Buffs at Lugar after he shouted abuse at the ref

It was as much comical as it was “sleakit” the way he roared at the ref and then pulled his woolie bunnet over his eyes and jumped into the crowd and hid behind the dugout to stop the ref locating him

His desire to win is admirable, but, he is a fud all the same