Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

I'm not convinced with McKenzie n Monti has been off the boil last few weeks.think Nisbet deserves another chance n boylan looked sharper last week b4 his sending off.
Mckenzie hasn't been played through the middle up top monti plays best on the left not on the right were he is easily play against.

McKenzie finishing has been poor,Monti 4 me should be in behind main striker or a free role,but he doesn't seem happy just now,maybe just confidence.boylan would never b out my team,even if just 4 his work rate and occupying defenders,but he needs more support.

3 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

McKenzie finishing has been poor,Monti 4 me should be in behind main striker or a free role,but he doesn't seem happy just now,maybe just confidence.boylan would never b out my team,even if just 4 his work rate and occupying defenders,but he needs more support.

Starting 11 at Kilbirnie last Sat in my opinion is Buffs best side with possibly the only question mark would be McKenzie for Lewis with left wing not Ben’s best position.

21 minutes ago, Louis Mooie said:

Starting 11 at Kilbirnie last Sat in my opinion is Buffs best side with possibly the only question mark would be McKenzie for Lewis with left wing not Ben’s best position.

I would swap Ben and Michael for Nisbet and McKenzie. I'd play 4 4 2. Is Boylan suspended tomorrow?

To be honest, I thought there was a real lack of confidence at Kilbirnie last Saturday, we've suffered some poor results for a wee while now. I'm not sure all is well in the dressing room although hoping to be proved wrong tomorrow. COYB.

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

I would swap Ben and Michael for Nisbet and McKenzie. I'd play 4 4 2. Is Boylan suspended tomorrow?

To be honest, I thought there was a real lack of confidence at Kilbirnie last Saturday, we've suffered some poor results for a wee while now. I'm not sure all is well in the dressing room although hoping to be proved wrong tomorrow. COYB.

Not sure when Boylan’s suspension kicks in, I would have Nisbet nowhere near my starting eleven, could give so much more if he was braver.

Not sure when Boylan’s suspension kicks in, I would have Nisbet nowhere near my starting eleven, could give so much more if he was braver.

Does seem more effective from bench n I agree he's capable of more,but I think he's more of a threat than McKenzie.b after next meeting I'd think 4 boylan.

3 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

Does seem more effective from bench n I agree he's capable of more,but I think he's more of a threat than McKenzie.b after next meeting I'd think 4 boylan.

Isn’t Mckenzie second top goal scorer so far this season behind maitland that would show who is more of a threat. Last weeks game Ben Lewis who I like a lot was played out of position and buffs won’t get the best from him, Monti didn’t look fit or interested, boylan was miles off it just wanted to argue with the ref constantly and mick didn’t look fit yet either due to his injury worrying times for buffs.

Was expecting more to be honest from Mckenzie. Nisbet is low on confidence. He is definitely not playing as well or having an effect as much as he did last season. Boylan and Wardrope set the tone with their workrate however need to start scoring goals when on top. If others followed suit regarding workrate they wouldn't be far away from picking up some victories. Lack of both scoring and clean sheets is very worrying. Lack of squad size is also a concern.
Hopefully a good result and performance today

McKenzie scored most his goals in cup at start of season,but don't think he's looked the same since,agree Ben isn't a wide player,but where do u play him now??boylan looked sharp 1st half,but grew frustrated as game went on ,as we all did with the shocking decisions.need more out Monti,as he's a special player on his game.

Here's another thing I've observed lately, not very scientific, but ... starting with Largs, then Meadow , then Kilbirnie.   All 3 played hi-energy harassing of the ball-carrier when not in possession.  Brian and Carlo and Fleming were particularly targeted and often had several players nipping at them quite aggressively.  This is often enough to stop a player from doing his usual quality stuff.   Largs set the tone but I watched the Meadow in a cup game a month ago and they lost that match, they tried, but not hard and fast enough.   They played the Buffs as if it was an Old firm Derby.  They had more or less the same players but they upped the tempo of their game and as others have said they beat the Buffs all over the park.   

The only way I can think of to overcome these tactics are to long pass it with lobbed backspin to the front edge of the penalty box, dropping behind the defence forcing them to turn towards their own goal.   Buffs forwards are rapid enough to pounce on these through balls and score aplenty, Problem solved! Happy days!

PS Stun guns all sold ... some guy in Yemen. 

McKenzie hasn't been given a proper opportunity through the middle. We won't see the best of him until we do. What I like about him is that his workrate is good, he has a good touch, ability to hold onto the ball and brings others into play. He is also willing to shoot from anywhere. As much as Bryan is an asset to Buffs, he struggles to do these things. Yes he is lightening quick and has amazing workrate, but he falls short in other areas, he doesn't score enough goals. Nisbet is a confidence player,  when on form he is a threat, creates chancea, wins set pieces and scores goals.  Buffs haven't scored enough goals this season, so something needs to change. Monti can't do it all by himself, we rely too heavily upon him, others need to step up their game.  As for Tommy Maitland, a first pick every week for me, but he needs to stop moaning at referees.

COYB

Edited by funky monkey

McKenzie is a winger, look at his goal-scoring record in senior football where he was always a winger. Just because you drop a few levels doesn't automatically make you a striker... hence Monti going off the boil as he gets older; the lad is a left wing-back with the worst wig in Scottish football! :lol:

Boylan and Curragh are the only first-team strikers in the squad, and the only ones capable of playing up top! 

I'd play a 442 tbh: Strain; McCloskey, Pettigrew, Maitland, McLevy; Monti, Fleming, McGuiness, Nesbit; Boylan, Curragh. Bench of Wardrope, Lewis, McKenzie, Syme, sub GK (I've never caught his name!)

For games where an extra man is needed in midfield, drop Curragh for Wardrope.

Although ideally the back four for me would be McCloskey, Pettigrew, White, Maitland but that isn't available right now with Jamie bizarrely on loan to Dalry.

44 minutes ago, SaltyTON said:

McKenzie is a winger, look at his goal-scoring record in senior football where he was always a winger. Just because you drop a few levels doesn't automatically make you a striker... hence Monti going off the boil as he gets older; the lad is a left wing-back with the worst wig in Scottish football! :lol:

Boylan and Curragh are the only first-team strikers in the squad, and the only ones capable of playing up top! 

I'd play a 442 tbh: Strain; McCloskey, Pettigrew, Maitland, McLevy; Monti, Fleming, McGuiness, Nesbit; Boylan, Curragh. Bench of Wardrope, Lewis, McKenzie, Syme, sub GK (I've never caught his name!)

Although ideally the back four for me would be McCloskey, Pettigrew, White, Maitland but that isn't available right now with Jamie bizarrely on loan to Dalry.

Monti's going off the boil because he's getting older? 

Aye, okay ....

McKenzie is a winger, look at his goal-scoring record in senior football where he was always a winger. Just because you drop a few levels doesn't automatically make you a striker... hence Monti going off the boil as he gets older; the lad is a left wing-back with the worst wig in Scottish football! [emoji38]

Maitland needs to play in the middle - either in central defence or beside McGuiness slightly in front.

I like Jamie Whyte but he's a bit lightweight, very quiet and not quite ready for football at this level yet. He's got the attributes needed but needs the experience. Sending him out on loan is a good move in my opinion.

I also think Sam McCloskey is a bit lightweight and we need a natural right back. The forward line will come good.

How Michael wasn't sent off is a mystery., not using that as an excuse but kicking an opponent in retaliation right in front of the ref should have been more than a yellow.
Would tend to agree but the refereeing decisions that we have had over the last few weeks just got cancelled out with micheal today thought the ref had a resinsible game today .

Would tend to agree but the refereeing decisions that we have had over the last few weeks just got cancelled out with micheal today thought the ref had a resinsible game today .
Frye could have walked just as easy.