Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

McKenzie should be playing up top with someone else too feed off didn’t he score over 20 goals last season playing there in a team who ended up being relegated? Too many of the buffs players can’t control their tempers boylan maitland constantly getting booked for mouthing off when will they learn?
I've yet to attend a Buffs match where Maitland hasn't been at least booked.

Being a referee for us must be an impossible task because the two of them are simply unable to be spoken to.

Boylan can be infuriating because he has the pace to beat 90% of defenders in this league but always times his runs wrongly.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McKenzie should be playing up top with someone else too feed off didn’t he score over 20 goals last season playing there in a team who ended up being relegated? Too many of the buffs players can’t control their tempers boylan maitland constantly getting booked for mouthing off when will they learn?

I'd never have the 2 of them out my team,though I'd have Tommy in central defence or centre mid,not the best footballer,but always win the battle.does need 2 curb the mouthing at Ref,but I can understand why they get frustrated,as standard of refs is abysmal.

49 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Really can't see what folk see in Maitland, average player with very poor discipline.

Agree with you that Tommy's discipline lets him down at times,bud,but he's better than an AVERAGE player! If you were to watch him every week, you'd see how good a player he is for Buffs! He's solid in either mid-field or in defence,if he's required to play at the back. He never shirks out of a tackle,& there's not much gets past him! From mid-field,he often 'chips in' with the odd goal or two,also. He scored a good goal against Beith,in the Scottish,& he's been excellent from the penalty spot so far this season,scoring 8 out of 9,in all competitions! 

Agree with you that Tommy's discipline lets him down at times,bud,but he's better than an AVERAGE player! If you were to watch him every week, you'd see how good a player he is for Buffs! He's solid in either mid-field or in defence,if he's required to play at the back. He never shirks out of a tackle,& there's not much gets past him! From mid-field,he often 'chips in' with the odd goal or two,also. He scored a good goal against Beith,in the Scottish,& he's been excellent from the penalty spot so far this season,scoring 8 out of 9,in all competitions! 
He not miss two this season ?

5 minutes ago, Indy2 said:
9 minutes ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Don't think so,bud. I'm sure he's only missed the one pen,but you might be right. Hard to keep track when he's hittin' the back of the net with so many!;)

Gary Fleming has taken Buffs' last couple of pens,though.......

11 minutes ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Fair point, stand corrected if you guys  who see him every week rate him.

2 hours ago, Indy2 said:
2 hours ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Yeah missed one against beith and one against largs

I'd never have the 2 of them out my team,though I'd have Tommy in central defence or centre mid,not the best footballer,but always win the battle.does need 2 curb the mouthing at Ref,but I can understand why they get frustrated,as standard of refs is abysmal.
Maitland in particular constantly shouted at and abused the linesman in the second half of the Meadow game for continually flagging for offside. Having stood behind the assistant there was only one offside decision out of about 10 that I disagreed with. He got the rest spot on.

And even if the refereeing standard is bad - what on earth does he think he is going to achieve by shouting at the officials? How many times is he going to cost the club in fines and premature dismissals?

Maitland in particular constantly shouted at and abused the linesman in the second half of the Meadow game for continually flagging for offside. Having stood behind the assistant there was only one offside decision out of about 10 that I disagreed with. He got the rest spot on.

And even if the refereeing standard is bad - what on earth does he think he is going to achieve by shouting at the officials? How many times is he going to cost the club in fines and premature dismissals?

As I said he needs 2 sort that side of his game out,his game against Beith showed what he's capable of.id hope he pays his own fines 4 that type of booking/sending off.

Am I right in thinking, that you want Tommy not to appeal for off sides?

Am I right in thinking, that you want Tommy not to appeal for off sides?
No you're not right at all.

What I want Tommy to do is concentrate on defending the resultant free kick rather than spend 20 seconds berating the officials for his own team's mistake.

There is no such thing as appealing an offside once the whistle goes. It's like appealing the full time whistle or the coin toss. It's not up for debate.

I've thought about this long and hard and I keep rejecting solutions because they breach some ethical or legal code somehow.    Referees and their assistants should be issued with stun guns and be permitted to use them on players and coaches at setting #2 for a Yellow card offence,  and #8 for a Red and #10 for a second Red.

Crime and Punishment students would surely agree that the current Penalties are insufficient to discourage offences so their severity must be elevated, till it hurts, even bleeds a little.

For Sale;  12 Model 18AZ Micro-Stun Zapper Guns ... £14.95 + P&P.  (No licence required in post-Brexit UK)

No you're not right at all.

What I want Tommy to do is concentrate on defending the resultant free kick rather than spend 20 seconds berating the officials for his own team's mistake.

There is no such thing as appealing an offside once the whistle goes. It's like appealing the full time whistle or the coin toss. It's not up for debate.

Yes there is, you appeal to put pressure on officials to give you the next tight call.

Archived