Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

With a large number of those fans coming from the back of beyond having no connection to Glasgow and who would do a lot better supporting their local teams.!

Ah so it’s only the ones that aren’t from the murder capital of Europe that can’t behave themselves. Gotcha

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah so it’s only the ones that aren’t from the murder capital of Europe that can’t behave themselves. Gotcha

Not any more we got out our shit together and now proudly are down to 2nd!

Anyway, on the subject that this thread seems to be about.

It’s a shame for the genuine supporters of clubs who turn up every week to watch the game, support their club in every way possible only for one big game a season to draw out the idiots who probably couldn’t tell you one players name.

Then all you have afterwards is the blame game.

Banning alcohol at junior games would have no improvement. It would hurt the clubs who use it to add a source of revenue and very rarely have any issues.

These guys would come in anyway having drank plenty before hand with only one thing in mind, causing trouble. 90 mins without a drink isn’t changing that

Gavlad. The Thugs in the enclosure only focused there venom and taunts on the Beith support 90 minutes of the game, not at all on the game and plus the banner .  What I seen from start to finish was an ambush.  
To other posters regarding alchol at junior games; should ban all alcohol from junior and senior parks; bottles, cans, hip flasks... alcohol advertisements and sponsorships,   pre-game drinks- and halftime drinks in social clubs!  Will it happen...No! To many clubs rely on the sale of alcohol in their social clubs and like Celtic have  an alcohol company on their shirts.
When junior supporters can't get a sip before the game the junior game is finished non league games in England you can have a drink on the terraces it's more an educational thing than anything else .

I hoped somebody with exact knowledge would have posted before now, but they haven't, so here goes with my take on the incidents at the Beith Cup game.   The bar / lounge area is the only place licensed for the sale and consumption of alcohol before, during and after a match.   A license is applied for and obtained prior to each match.   ANYBODY drinking alcohol anywhere else in the grounds is breaking the law, therefore it is a matter for the Police who can be summoned by any member of the public, not just the club officials.   The club is well known to have had several changes of committee members over the past few years and although there are well-kent faces at both gates taking admission money and selling draw tickets and programmes they are not all present committee members, but helpers.   They know the usual troublemakers because they have mostly been previously banned for behaviour which was an embarrassment to the club.   However, the gates at Junior Football grounds are left open and from half-time anyone is free to enter and leave.   The gate officials have retired to the clubhouse area to sort the draw tickets for half-time announcement and pay the money to the treasurer, and to offer hospitality to the visiting team's committee as well as sponsor's guests.   Without knowing for sure, but guessing,  I would suggest that the Shed Boys entered singly or suchlike from the Garnock entrance and came through the car park to meet up at the Shed.   They were the target of the Young Beith Boys bottle attack outside Beith's ground a few years ago, so they didn't really come to watch the game, they came to taunt the Beith fans, in belated revenge.  

I was at the Garnock end of the park as was most of the Home support but also standing next to me were 2 elderly Beith fans, one about 75, the other in his 80s and they enjoyed passing a hip flask frequently between themselves, and why not?   At the end of the match we could see people running towards the Church Street exit, including players.   After a few minutes it cleared but we waited for 5 minutes more before making our way round to that exit, the lane to Church St. is outside the gates of the football park, so it is a public area not under the control of club officials.

I didn't see any Police in attendance and can only guess that they were not asked to be present because the very recent game v Beith passed off without trouble.  The match was filmed with two tower mounted movie cameras and iphones and other cameras present, so there may well be evidence of who exactly committed the offence.

On passing through the shed there were a number of empty beer cans and bottles on the ground and some in a carrier bag.   These were not purchased at the club lounge. In the lane was a smashed bottle of BuckfastTonic Wine, probably with dabs on.

All this I hope is to clear up some details missing from earlier posts.

21 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Weird how it’s against the law in Scotland to have a drink at a senior fitba game because two big city teams fans couldn’t behave themselves.

Aye two teams with plenty of arseholes from Ayrshire who follow them.

5 minutes ago, Marlowe said:

I hoped somebody with exact knowledge would have posted before now, but they haven't, so here goes with my take on the incidents at the Beith Cup game.   The bar / lounge area is the only place licensed for the sale and consumption of alcohol before, during and after a match.   A license is applied for and obtained prior to each match.   ANYBODY drinking alcohol anywhere else in the grounds is breaking the law, therefore it is a matter for the Police who can be summoned by any member of the public, not just the club officials.   The club is well known to have had several changes of committee members over the past few years and although there are well-kent faces at both gates taking admission money and selling draw tickets and programmes they are not all present committee members, but helpers.   They know the usual troublemakers because they have mostly been previously banned for behaviour which was an embarrassment to the club.   However, the gates at Junior Football grounds are left open and from half-time anyone is free to enter and leave.   The gate officials have retired to the clubhouse area to sort the draw tickets for half-time announcement and pay the money to the treasurer, and to offer hospitality to the visiting team's committee as well as sponsor's guests.   Without knowing for sure, but guessing,  I would suggest that the Shed Boys entered singly or suchlike from the Garnock entrance and came through the car park to meet up at the Shed.   They were the target of the Young Beith Boys bottle attack outside Beith's ground a few years ago, so they didn't really come to watch the game, they came to taunt the Beith fans, in belated revenge.  

I was at the Garnock end of the park as was most of the Home support but also standing next to me were 2 elderly Beith fans, one about 75, the other in his 80s and they enjoyed passing a hip flask frequently between themselves, and why not?   At the end of the match we could see people running towards the Church Street exit, including players.   After a few minutes it cleared but we waited for 5 minutes more before making our way round to that exit, the lane to Church St. is outside the gates of the football park, so it is a public area not under the control of club officials.

I didn't see any Police in attendance and can only guess that they were not asked to be present because the very recent game v Beith passed off without trouble.  The match was filmed with two tower mounted movie cameras and iphones and other cameras present, so there may well be evidence of who exactly committed the offence.

On passing through the shed there were a number of empty beer cans and bottles on the ground and some in a carrier bag.   These were not purchased at the club lounge. In the lane was a smashed bottle of BuckfastTonic Wine, probably with dabs on.

All this I hope is to clear up some details missing from earlier posts.

The initial attack took place inside the ground not in the alley, after the fighting started there were incidents happening both inside the ground and in the alley. 

21 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Were there any Police in the area?

There weren't any at the game, which is weird as there have been at other less likely games for there to be friction.

From past football experience with the police, they turn up at football matches when they feel like it and want an easy day watching the game.

I'd put money on it that there will be a few at the Medda game on Saturday, with the ground not being far from the station.

Ultimately these neds need dealt with-and in many cases in smaller communities/supports they are very well known as in this case and in the case of Glenafton -Beith trouble not that long ago.Name them,shame them and ban them for life.

2 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

I think you have to request a police presence or phone the police if you think something is about to kick off.

"Hello...aye, is that the Polis ? Look I know it's five to two oan a Setterday afternoon...but we're at the fitba and we think somebody's about tae kick aff"

Sorry. :)

I think you have to request a police presence or phone the police if you think something is about to kick off.

2 b fair I never thought 4 a minute anything was going 2 kick off,few daft songs and a banner,but didn't sense any bad blood,though we were near bar.

Archived