Kilwinning Rangers 18/19

Scotlad

10 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

Got 2 disagree with your opinion on wardrope,think the new position a bit more forward really suits him and he's bn 1 of our best players in the early games,including motm at petershill.

All about opinions I suppose, but a few Buffies at the Church Street side are expecting a wee bit more from him, not in terms of effort, more in terms of quality. There's no doubt that there is more to come from him.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, buffy1899 said:

I really think I'll see the best of him,as for Joe it's all up 2 him,as u say he buckled down and was in better shape last season.

Hearing that there is no way back for Joe after his on the park behaviour at Largs.

Disappointing day for us, no complaints about result at all, 3-0 maybe slightly harsh 

Kilwinning side I played against today are the best side I’ve faced in 6/7 years playing junior football, they have everything. 

Manager down on a tractor before the game cutting the grass also, different class,

thing that pleased me (if at all I can be pleased after result) was 20mins after the game, the pitch must have had 20/30 kids on it, boys girls, all ages, a real fantastic advert for football at this level, credit where it’s due, well done to all and good luck for season. 

Deano

4 hours ago, dmkeenan85 said:

Disappointing day for us, no complaints about result at all, 3-0 maybe slightly harsh 

Kilwinning side I played against today are the best side I’ve faced in 6/7 years playing junior football, they have everything. 

Manager down on a tractor before the game cutting the grass also, different class,

thing that pleased me (if at all I can be pleased after result) was 20mins after the game, the pitch must have had 20/30 kids on it, boys girls, all ages, a real fantastic advert for football at this level, credit where it’s due, well done to all and good luck for season. 

Deano

Must admit that I gave you a bit of abuse today, but credit where its due, there aren't many characters left in the game today and you are certainly a character, very much junior old school. All the best for the season ahead.

32 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Must admit that I gave you a bit of abuse today, but credit where its due, there aren't many characters left in the game today and you are certainly a character, very much junior old school. All the best for the season ahead.

That's what it's all about mate... 

Few beers on a Saturday and bit of banter with the players, 

I give it out, so big enough (definitely ugly enough) to take it back, all the best.

15 hours ago, dmkeenan85 said:

Deano

I thought Troon played well until the first goal went in and then heads went down. Kilwinning were good although they were even better against Kilbirnie during the week, 1 to 11 they are as good as anyone in the league. 5 or 6 of the teams are a cut above everyone else in the league with the rest all about the same level of standard. With regards to Troon, Nade needs help up top, either a strike partner or more runners from midfield.

With regards to Troon, Nade needs help up top, either a strike partner or more runners from midfield.

All credit to Kilwinning for that one to be honest, in the last few games midfield runners have been everywhere but we just couldn’t get out yesterday because your midfield were popping it around so well.

I agree with Deano, one of the best teams I’ve seen in a few years based on yesterday’s performance. Well done to Chris & also well done to Colin (KR Chairman) for yesterday, good luck for the season.

After a poor performance against Largs, the last two games against Kilbirnie and Troon has seen Buffs at their best, playing some wonderful passing possession football.

All of the boys played their part yesterday, Fleming has brought some real quality to our midfield and McKenzie is always sniffing about looking for a goal. Long serving Buffs like Maitland and Boylan are playing for the jersey and Pettigrew is quality at the back. If you need a bit of magic, a wee trick, then Monti is your man, he is in fire just now, one of the best players I've seen in the hoops.

I thought Troon huffed and puffed yesterday. Easy to see Nade's quality, he'll grab a few goals this season no doubt. Good luck to Troon for the rest of the season.

As for Buffs, Johnstone Burgh up next in the League Cup, looking forward to it. Onwards and upwards COYB

I see Joe Coleman has been released, playing for St Pats amateur team now. Shame cause he is a good full back but the amount of arguments he had with management, team mates and refs was ridiculous. Don't know what happend at Largs with Adam Strain but to me Adam acts like a gentleman who has respect for his team mates unlike Joe. As I said in earlier post 1 to 11 is fine but we really need a couple of defenders now, for competition and injuries and suspensions.

7 minutes ago, Louis Mooie said:

I see Joe Coleman has been released, playing for St Pats amateur team now. Shame cause he is a good full back but the amount of arguments he had with management, team mates and refs was ridiculous. Don't know what happend at Largs with Adam Strain but to me Adam acts like a gentleman who has respect for his team mates unlike Joe. As I said in earlier post 1 to 11 is fine but we really need a couple of defenders now, for competition and injuries and suspensions.

Joe will get a new club no problem because he is a good player. His antics at Largs were unacceptable and not for the first time. It would seem that the dressing roomis going to be a happier place.

We could do with an extra couple of bodies as the squad is very thin.

9 hours ago, Louis Mooie said:

I agree that we could do with an addition to the defence. Personally,I'd like to see the big "ginger haired" centre at Largs Thistle...usually the no.5...join us! I've watched him a few times now,& the lad hardly puts a foot wrong,imo!

I agree that we could do with an addition to the defence. Personally,I'd like to see the big "ginger haired" centre at Largs Thistle...usually the no.5...join us! I've watched him a few times now,& the lad hardly puts a foot wrong,imo!

Agree with u on that 1.always played well against us.Tommy maitland playing well just now,but we do need cover at centre half n right back now.

22 hours ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Nicky was absolutely hopeless for Morton U20. Definition of a bombscare. The 1-1 draw was miles better than I've ever seen him.

Kilwinning were fantastic tonight. Pettigrew, Fleming and McGuinnes have been terrific the last 3 games and have been smoking cigars. I seen Johnny Millar and Darren Henderson there tonight would be interesting to know what they thought of Kilwinnings performance. Going to be some game against Talbot next week, with the question being can Kilwinning keep this standard up when playing Talbot, Beith, Hurlford, Glens and Pollok.

7 hours ago, Louis Mooie said:

Kilwinning were fantastic tonight. Pettigrew, Fleming and McGuinnes have been terrific the last 3 games and have been smoking cigars. I seen Johnny Millar and Darren Henderson there tonight would be interesting to know what they thought of Kilwinnings performance. Going to be some game against Talbot next week, with the question being can Kilwinning keep this standard up when playing Talbot, Beith, Hurlford, Glens and Pollok.

Good question. Talbot know how to win games, even if they aren'tplaying well. However, Buffs have a good recent record at Beechwood. Recipe for a cracking cup tie.

2 fair,the opposition were of a poor standard,but against troon and kilbirnie they were outstanding.id say the harder games start now and right thru Sept.

12 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

2 fair,the opposition were of a poor standard,but against troon and kilbirnie they were outstanding.id say the harder games start now and right thru Sept.

I agree the opposition were not great but remember they went to Renfrew and won 4-0. Buffs attitude was great from the start. Games will get obviously get harder now, but so far great start. I seen we signed four youngsters from the 21,s anybody any idea what positions they play.

Archived