Do you like “do you like...” threads?

Right, I'll tell you an anecdote. In 1974 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Purves, it was the height of his Blue Peter career. He said, "You jammy b*****d" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh, now f**k OFF!

6 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Right, I'll tell you an anecdote. In 1974 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Purves, it was the height of his Blue Peter career. He said, "You jammy b*****d" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh, now f**k OFF!

You weren't alive in 1974.

Another train anecdote:  I think it was around 2013 when I was getting a train from Aberdeen to London and this woman got on either at Leuchars or Dundee.  She was looking around for her seat reservation and ended up just sitting in any old seat.  When we got to Newcastle where I was changing, some other wifey came on and said to her that she was sitting in her seat.  The Aberdeen one then said "sorry, I'll find my own" and went along to find somebody else sitting in her seat, who in turn said that somebody else was sitting in her's. 

56 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Another train anecdote:  I think it was around 2013 when I was getting a train from Aberdeen to London and this woman got on either at Leuchars or Dundee.  She was looking around for her seat reservation and ended up just sitting in any old seat.  When we got to Newcastle where I was changing, some other wifey came on and said to her that she was sitting in her seat.  The Aberdeen one then said "sorry, I'll find my own" and went along to find somebody else sitting in her seat, who in turn said that somebody else was sitting in her's. 

Happened to me once. Guy got on the train at Glasgow Central and was adamant I was in his seat. After a minute or so of arguing and me saying I was in the right seat, he said “fine then, you can drive the train”.

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

Happened to me once. Guy got on the train at Glasgow Central and was adamant I was in his seat. After a minute or so of arguing and me saying I was in the right seat, he said “fine then, you can drive the train”.

691677_400x400.jpg

Archived