Irvine Victoria 2018/19

tombo

If your boy was the number 4 tonight he was excellent at the back and I thought he was a defender until I read this!

Vics manager got the front pairing spot on in my opinion with 3 goals scored between them and your lad seems talented and done great in defence. Should be happy he is playing and probably good experience in different positions and doing well.

Vics were unlucky and indiscipline from the two Singletons cost you the win in my opinion plus bit of dodgy goalkeeping. Meadow kept going and did score 4 goals from 4 different players. Need to perform far better to stay up in top league.

He was no 4 and appreciate the kind comments. He is delighted to be playing and really enjoying be on loan at the Vics.

His frustration and mine is that he is a forward/attacking midfielder rather than a defender.

On a wider front it will be a great experience for him.

As for the Vics in general, we are playing some great football but currently seem to have the unfortunate knack of shooting ourselves in the foot!

Looking forward to our trip down to you guys next week. 1st I have been to your ground. What info can you give me to pass on to fellow fans. Bar at the ground???? Closest pub if no bar. And anything else u can think of. Thanks in advance.
I personal messaged GOTW, one of your boys earlier in the week. Our ground is 5 minutes from the main train station, you see the park, on your way down. The station is also opposite main shopping centre and there is a wetherspoons right at entrance. If you head for the harbour a couple of good pubs where you can eat. Also wee lounge inside the park which is open before, half time and after game. Plenty parking for drivers as well.
T

I personal messaged GOTW, one of your boys earlier in the week. Our ground is 5 minutes from the main train station, you see the park, on your way down. The station is also opposite main shopping centre and there is a wetherspoons right at entrance. If you head for the harbour a couple of good pubs where you can eat. Also wee lounge inside the park which is open before, half time and after game. Plenty parking for drivers as well.
T

Thanks see u guys next week.

Just seen Mike's video highlights from Friday night. On the night I thought big Ryan was hard done by and young Paul walked for a dangerous high tackle that Was similar to the boy from Neilston who was red carded last week. Looking at Mike's camera view of the incidents, Ryan has been caught with a fly kick out at the boy and the ref has had no option to send him off. Young Paul however, that seems a different matter. He may have overhit the ball and yes it is a straight leg but it's low, and focused on the ball.
Didn't realise Spence had accumulated floor gymnastics medals to go along with his fitba ones. as soon as Paul starts walking to the clubhouse, he jumps straight back up. He's a real find for the Dodgers is that one.

On 25/08/2018 at 12:42, ski64 said:

He was no 4 and appreciate the kind comments. He is delighted to be playing and really enjoying be on loan at the Vics.

His frustration and mine is that he is a forward/attacking midfielder rather than a defender.

On a wider front it will be a great experience for him.

As for the Vics in general, we are playing some great football but currently seem to have the unfortunate knack of shooting ourselves in the foot!

Where is he on loan from

Just seen Mike's video highlights from Friday night. On the night I thought big Ryan was hard done by and young Paul walked for a dangerous high tackle that Was similar to the boy from Neilston who was red carded last week. Looking at Mike's camera view of the incidents, Ryan has been caught with a fly kick out at the boy and the ref has had no option to send him off. Young Paul however, that seems a different matter. He may have overhit the ball and yes it is a straight leg but it's low, and focused on the ball.
Didn't realise Spence had accumulated floor gymnastics medals to go along with his fitba ones. as soon as Paul starts walking to the clubhouse, he jumps straight back up. He's a real find for the Dodgers is that one.
Yes Paul did overrun it, and tried too hard to win it back, but it's a sad fact that players will feign injury to get an opponent carded. Maybe Ryan should have gone down when fouled instead of reacting, but he's no diver. Yellow for both players would have been fairer.

Absolutely right tombo.. We win as a team and lose as a team..
And we will probably win as more as lose as the season progresses.. As I said previously.. We have been here before with a so called more experienced squad and failed.. I think we will actually do better than just survive this season..but will depend upon Ryan in goal learning from previous mistakes.. Yes he showed potential with saves late on in game against the medda.outstanding at times. . But he is suspect at corners and high balls.. More so given that he is not exactly a small keeper.... He also wanderers too far out of his box.. Probably going to be found out sooner rather than later by opposition strikers.. He also seems to be ranting at his defenders but.. He has to be prepared to take more of the blame in my opinion..

Absolutely right tombo.. We win as a team and lose as a team..
And we will probably win as more as lose as the season progresses.. As I said previously.. We have been here before with a so called more experienced squad and failed.. I think we will actually do better than just survive this season..but will depend upon Ryan in goal learning from previous mistakes.. Yes he showed potential with saves late on in game against the medda.outstanding at times. . But he is suspect at corners and high balls.. More so given that he is not exactly a small keeper.... He also wanderers too far out of his box.. Probably going to be found out sooner rather than later by opposition strikers.. He also seems to be ranting at his defenders but.. He has to be prepared to take more of the blame in my opinion..
Spot on Victoria, he reminds me of Rab Douglas 6ft 4ins tall but 5ft when it came tae corners. Hopefully young Ryan will get some tips fae Jimbo [emoji460]️[emoji106]

Well a great wee trip down to irvine. Wee bit of shopping in xs stock then off to see the match.
Such a warm welcome by the guys on the gate. Great wee setup you guy's have down there. Great banter was had.
The "ball boy" must have been chuckling away at the railway side.
Looking forward to welcoming you guys to JMP.

You got outa jail.
I thought he had been living in a commune somewhere on Arran, cos I haven't heard fae Jimmy for ages. Saying that that mob have all been in hiding for the last year. Strange whit a tight victory over 9 men from the league below in a meaningless, according to them, Marymass derby can do for their self esteem[emoji12]

7 hours ago, tombo said:

I thought he had been living in a commune somewhere on Arran, cos I haven't heard fae Jimmy for ages. Saying that that mob have all been in hiding for the last year. Strange whit a tight victory over 9 men from the league below in a meaningless, according to them, Marymass derby can do for their self esteememoji12.png

It is meaningless. It means absolutely nothing. Only good thing we got out of it and that was cracking gate receipts.