Irvine Victoria 2018/19

tombo

Unlucky today lads, didn't deserve that.Gifted them the goals and their keeper made some great saves to get the three points. Anyway onto next week.

Mon the Toria.

Definitely Tombo and losing the equalising goal right on half time was a blow.

We've had some performances recently without getting the rewards I think we've deserved.

Definitely Tombo and losing the equalising goal right on half time was a blow.  
We've had some performances recently without getting the rewards I think we've deserved.

Definitely David, speaking to Arthurlie fans going out they felt their own keeper stopped us taking all three points and that our performance was not that of a team near the bottom of the league.

Great point today lads. I know 0-0 isn't something you would normally celebrate but you all worked hard and deserved to take something from a really strong team. Mon the Toria

Great point today lads. I know 0-0 isn't something you would normally celebrate but you all worked hard and deserved to take something from a really strong team. Mon the Toria
Very well deserved Tombo and I look forward to seeing the highlights to see the 2 penalty shouts we had in the first half.
We clung on a bit in the 2nd but a point a piece was fair..

Very well deserved Tombo and I look forward to seeing the highlights to see the 2 penalty shouts we had in the first half.
We clung on a bit in the 2nd but a point a piece was fair..
I spoke to my boy tonight David and he said that his mate Swanny ( the ref) was questioning what the 2nd penalty claim we we were asking for. He didn't deny that the first one was a stonewaller.

That's bad that he thought it was a stonewaller and didn't give it . As for the second one he surely saw the handball, the only decision is whether it's deliberate or his hand is in an unnatural position, we all thought it was.

That's bad that he thought it was a stonewaller and didn't give it . As for the second one he surely saw the handball, the only decision is whether it's deliberate or his hand is in and unnatural position, we all thought it was.
I will let you know what his response isafter he gets pulled in for further questions once the video evidence is viewed.[emoji6]
T

• 3 weeks later...

Well done tonight lads great value for the three points and justified reward for a long hard season. You have taken some doings on the journey but you kept plugging away and didn't give up. Cheers lads much appreciated [emoji106]
Mon the Toria

Been quite a rollercoaster of a season and I agree the Vics have been extremely resilient. Results over last couple of months, particularly against the teams at the top of the league ( despite not always gaining points) demonstrated how far the group have come.

Been a pleasure being part of it and who knows what happens next season. #monthetoria

Pleased for you guys, I like the people at Irvine Victoria.

I told you when we were down there a few weeks ago that you would stay up no bother, but of course until it's confirmed you're always nervous.

Cheers Peter, it was good that it was always in our own hands and that we weren't reliant on other teams to help us out. All the best to you guys in the top league next season.
T

Unlucky today lads. Some decent young players. Great to say hello to Tombo.
Looking forward to playing you guys again next season.

Cheers big man and it will be good to hear first hand what's planned for your centenary celebrations.

On behalf of myself and my son can I just say thank you to all the players, staff and supporters who have made us incredibly welcome to the club over the season.

He was welcomed into the squad and as with all the players, the supporters were exactly that - supportive throughout the season, despite some particularly lean spells.

I think special recognition has to go to management team who pulled together a squad starting from 2 or 3 players at the start of the season with a miniscule budget to keep the team in the league.

Not sure where my son will be next year but we will keep an eye out for the Vics results and get along when we can.

Thanks again for a fantastic season and #cmonthetoria

Cheers David, a terrific post which has summed up what the wee Vics have been all about this season. All the best to Gabe wherever he ends up. [emoji106]

Cheers David, a terrific post which has summed up what the wee Vics have been all about this season. All the best to Gabe wherever he ends up. [emoji106]
Thanks Tombo and I know how much he's enjoyed it. [emoji106]