Irvine Victoria 2018/19

tombo

Tombo you obviously don't check the website as the result with the Buffs was posted the same evening!!!
Cheers for all the updates tonight, looked like a good work out.
T
PS who was the trialist?

Cheers for all the updates tonight, looked like a good work out.
T
PS who was the trialist?
Don't know the boys name Tombo but he played in the middle of defence and didnt put a foot wrong for the full game. He looked a good yin.[emoji460]️[emoji106]

Unlucky yesterday boys, that was a great team performance, against one of the fancied teams in our league. A poor refereeing decision, in fact a collective decision including his assistant who had a clear view of the incident, in denying big Kev a penalty, cost you at least a well deserved point. Can't argue with their penalty it was a stonewaller and yellow card for Ryan was correct due to him attempting to play the ball. However same can't be said for the one he denied us. He gives it and it is a straight red for their keeper due to him rugby tackling Kev as he is due to stick the ball in the net. 2-2 against ten men you might have went on to win, we'll never know. Anyway well done you have shown in yesterday's performance that you are not going to be rolled over every week and teams who think they have won before a ball is kicked are in for a shock.
Keep believing [emoji6]
T

Unlucky yesterday boys, that was a great team performance, against one of the fancied teams in our league. A poor refereeing decision, in fact a collective decision including his assistant who had a clear view of the incident, in denying big Kev a penalty, cost you at least a well deserved point. Can't argue with their penalty it was a stonewaller and yellow card for Ryan was correct due to him attempting to play the ball. However same can't be said for the one he denied us. He gives it and it is a straight red for their keeper due to him rugby tackling Kev as he is due to stick the ball in the net. 2-2 against ten men you might have went on to win, we'll never know. Anyway well done you have shown in yesterday's performance that you are not going to be rolled over every week and teams who think they have won before a ball is kicked are in for a shock.
Keep believing [emoji6]
T
Definitely Tombo, if they can keep it at that level they will pick up enough points along the way.
The no penalty decision was ridiculous on first viewing.
Good solid team effort , unlucky boys.
Btw their first goal was an absolute cracker.[emoji122][emoji122]

Definitely Tombo, if they can keep it at that level they will pick up enough points along the way.
The no penalty decision was ridiculous on first viewing.
Good solid team effort , unlucky boys.
Btw their first goal was an absolute cracker.[emoji122][emoji122]
Agreed D, their first goal was an absolute screamer, nothing we could do about that. And I would also like to say that Maxi has made me eat my words. I personally didn't rate him and felt he brought nothing to the team but I was wrong big time. His performances of late, particularly when things have been going against us have been excellent and if yesterday's mazy run before halftime ends up with the ball in the net, it's Goal of the Season before the end of October, no doubt.
T

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great 3pts today lads against a very strong team on a good run of form. Collectively that was a real team performance today given our depleted squad.  That result will have other teams cautious about coming to Vics park, as it wasn't against a team who is below you.

Well done, Mon the Toria!

• 2 weeks later...
Roddy Paterson, Vics tae Medda, Thoughts plz?
Disappointed when I heard last Saturday, strange that it's taken all week to come out.
He will do a job for you no doubt, quick turn of pace, direct runner with a nose for goal. Returning from injury so fitness might be an issue. However first Vics centre to score a hat trick in the Marymass derby for a few decades, sorry to see him go.
T

Disappointed when I heard last Saturday, strange that it's taken all week to come out.
He will do a job for you no doubt, quick turn of pace, direct runner with a nose for goal. Returning from injury so fitness might be an issue. However first Vics centre to score a hat trick in the Marymass derby for a few decades, sorry to see him go.
T
You got a crystal ball, i didn't know about it on Saturday.