Irvine Victoria 2018/19

tombo

I heard there wasn’t much in the game on Saturday. I spoke to a Girvan player today and he says that Girvan scored at the death but ref didn’t give it. Don’t know if it’s true as the player I spoke to is usually very biased towards his team and himself. He said they played the last 35mins with 10 men and the ref should have had a Irvine Vics shirt on.
Overall Vics were worth the win based in the amount of clear cut chances that were carved out. Girvan did have an equal amount of possession but lacked a wee bit of a cutting edge. Best player for them IMO was the lad who got sent off. Ref was poor for both teams and my view of the incident at the death was that if it wasn't a goal it could have been a penalty as it looked to me if Vic's defender stops the second effort not the keeper.
Both teams sprinkled with youth which highlights the rebuilding of both squads this season.
We will take that wee bit of good fortune we got on Saturday as it has been missing a few times recently.
Wish Girvan all the best for the rest of the season.
T

9 hours ago, tombo said:

Overall Vics were worth the win based in the amount of clear cut chances that were carved out. Girvan did have an equal amount of possession but lacked a wee bit of a cutting edge. Best player for them IMO was the lad who got sent off. Ref was poor for both teams and my view of the incident at the death was that if it wasn't a goal it could have been a penalty as it looked to me if Vic's defender stops the second effort not the keeper.
Both teams sprinkled with youth which highlights the rebuilding of both squads this season.
We will take that wee bit of good fortune we got on Saturday as it has been missing a few times recently.
Wish Girvan all the best for the rest of the season.
T

No probs mate, sounds as if it was a good game though. It’s good to see both teams bringing through youth although I feel as if it has been forced on both teams rather than something they chose to do. I hope both teams have enough to stay up and allow their building to continue in this league. 

10 hours ago, ski64 said:

It was a tight game and they did have a goal not given in last minute. Impossible to see from where I was if it was in but looked like might have been from reactions.
They went down to 10 men in 82nd minute not with 35 to go.
The ref was abysmal for both teams, probably the worst I have ever seen. Fans were laughing at some of his decisions they were so bad.
I really don't like to criticise refs as it's a thankless task but he was wrong so many times for both teams .
Girvan probably felt aggrieved at not getting a point but Vics deserved a bit of luck for a change.

I knew he would be exaggerating the sending off time. 

As for refs, when you see the standard of ref at the top level of our game, it’s only expected for them to be poor at junior level.

There are some good ones too.

Glad to see Vics get another 3 points on the board.

Glad it wasn’t the previous week though...

No probs mate, sounds as if it was a good game though. It’s good to see both teams bringing through youth although I feel as if it has been forced on both teams rather than something they chose to do. I hope both teams have enough to stay up and allow their building to continue in this league. 
With regards to your point about youth players it has been forced on us due to last season's squad following Stevie to the Winton. However in fairness to our young players, the football has been good to watch and there has been a lot more creativity and flair this season, but lacking results. The focus for us will be to consolidate and stay in this league but for our young players it's about their development and what they do in the future. They will make mistakes but it is how they learn from those mistakes and how willing and open they are to take advice from those with a better experience of the junior game.
T

47 minutes ago, tombo said:

With regards to your point about youth players it has been forced on us due to last season's squad following Stevie to the Winton. However in fairness to our young players, the football has been good to watch and there has been a lot more creativity and flair this season, but lacking results. The focus for us will be to consolidate and stay in this league but for our young players it's about their development and what they do in the future. They will make mistakes but it is how they learn from those mistakes and how willing and open they are to take advice from those with a better experience of the junior game.
T

Glad to hear it. The age group between leaving youth football and 23 years old can be a very hard one for players and a lot get lost from the game as they are good enough player but maybe not physically strong enough and teams want to win and won’t risk playing these players.

Another good display last night in bounce game v Johnstone Burgh . With a 4-1 victory
Shocking night but some decent football being played.
I seen in the local paper that we had drawn 4-4 with the buffs last week. A wee update on the website or Twitter feed would be nice.
T

You should take over the twitter feed, keep everyone up to date better.
Nah just thought getting an update from the game would be nice on the night or update the news section on the website as soon as is reasonable. The guys who deal with that are on the committee and would normally be in attendance. Not looking for a full match report or anything like that.
T

4 minutes ago, tombo said:

Nah just thought getting an update from the game would be nice on the night or update the news section on the website as soon as is reasonable. The guys who deal with that are on the committee and would normally be in attendance. Not looking for a full match report or anything like that.
T

You don’t miss many matches, I’m sure you would be good at it. 

You should start an unofficial twitter account and post updates.

I could start one for Whitletts... I could call it Whitletts Dics. 

Or start going to Darvel games and do one for them, I’m sure they would like me to.

Or start going to Darvel games and do one for them, I’m sure they would like me to.
What would you name that one!

8 hours ago, lang said:
9 hours ago, iPhone said:

What would you name that one!

I couldn’t write it on here.

No chance of me doing it. I really am IT stupid, grandweans are more capable than me.

9 hours ago, tombo said:
20 hours ago, iPhone said:

No chance of me doing it. I really am IT stupid, grandweans are more capable than me.

That’s normal nowadays.

Tombo you obviously don't check the website as the result with the Buffs was posted the same evening!!!
I would have looked for the score on the night Willie if I knew beforehand that we had been playing them!!! Friendly fixtures did used to get posted on the website.
Anyway it's by now so on to today.
T

I would have looked for the score on the night Willie if I knew beforehand that we had been playing them!!! Friendly fixtures did used to get posted on the website.
Anyway it's by now so on to today.
T
PS to the above post Willie, I follow the twitter feed on the website and there is no mention big any friendly fixtures/results
T

To all the boys who played yesterday I would like to say well done. The final score was harsh to say the least, as I felt it was not a true reflection of your efforts and although you were never going to win the game, you certainly deserved more from it. The Rob Roy fans I talked to said the very same and all were in agreement that wee Dinky's red was never a sending off and that in that one decision the ref ruined the game as a contest. So all the best to Rob Roy in the next round and we just need to focus on the next few league games. Just keep believing in yourselves as you are better than some of our results have shown T