Irvine Victoria 2018/19

tombo

It is meaningless. It means absolutely nothing. Only good thing we got out of it and that was cracking gate receipts.
Come now Stuff, it didn't look meaningless from our side of the pitch. All your faces when we took the lead and your celebrations at the end contradict your post.[emoji6]
Wee Jimmy has been avoiding me since last Marymass. Him and Craig McCallum[emoji12]

14 minutes ago, Vic Toria said:
4 hours ago, .Stuart. said:
It is meaningless. It means absolutely nothing. Only good thing we got out of it and that was cracking gate receipts.

Aye right, it's Mickey mouse only if you don't win it

It is Mickey Mouse. The only reason it’s still going is because both clubs make a pretty penny with the ‘once a season Medda/Vics’ fans.

Swap me any meaningful trophy win or league title for this tinpot any day of the week.

It is Mickey Mouse. The only reason it’s still going is because both clubs make a pretty penny with the ‘once a season Medda/Vics’ fans.

Swap me any meaningful trophy win or league title for this tinpot any day of the week.
Good enough reason for me, lets be honest we both need the folding stuff.

T, luckly I was at the Tour of Spain & missed last year's game at the watermargin. So I can still say, I have not seen the Meadow beaten by the bottom-enders in a long time lol.
Jimmy, 2017 you had three attempts including Marymass. You got a big fat ZERO in wins, best you could muster was a 0-0, with Vic's aggregate over the 3 games, 7-2 in our favour. When you've nae money it's a level playing field and yous couldn't big yourselves up then.[emoji12]
Mon the Toria[emoji48]

T

8 hours ago, tombo said:

Jimmy, 2017 you had three attempts including Marymass. You got a big fat ZERO in wins, best you could muster was a 0-0, with Vic's aggregate over the 3 games, 7-2 in our favour. When you've nae money it's a level playing field and yous couldn't big yourselves up then.emoji12.png
Mon the Toriaemoji48.png

T

We’re struggling this season fair enough yet we still won promotion last season after our disasterous start. ☺️

We’re struggling this season fair enough yet we still won promotion last season after our disasterous start. [emoji5]
Agreed, strong finish for promotion, I thought you would have kicked on with a strong start in the top league, particularly with,an on paper, favourable run of fixtures. However that hasn't materialised for you and you're facing an uphill struggle already.
T

Agreed, strong finish for promotion, I thought you would have kicked on with a strong start in the top league, particularly with,an on paper, favourable run of fixtures. However that hasn't materialised for you and you're facing an uphill struggle already.
T

Haven’t strengthened where we need to strengthen. Expected to have a tough season this season. Massive step up in quality in this league.

If we go down we go down, bigger problems in the world than my team being relegated.

Just a quick post to say to the boys" keep the heids up". The next run of fixtures will bring more challenges but keep your focus and don't let the heads go down. We might pick nothing up and get scudded in the Scottish but keep believing in yourselves. It was always a big ask for a new team but I still believe it will pick up and you will win more than you lose to stay in this league.
Mon the Toria
T

Gutted to be missing my trip up on Saturday, always enjoy my day out even though I can’t mind last time we won up there [emoji30] Hopefully that changes this week, but wont be counting my chickens as we know how unpredictable this league can be

Gutted to be missing my trip up on Saturday, always enjoy my day out even though I can’t mind last time we won up there [emoji30] Hopefully that changes this week, but wont be counting my chickens as we know how unpredictable this league can be
TT, this TT won't be there either unfortunately, family thing on doon your neck of the woods. Should be a good game hopefully we can bounce back. Yous guys are on a good run but hopefully my team will win the battle of the Vics[emoji6]

Unfortunately been pretty inconsistent both in performance and selection down to a variety of reasons including injury and suspension.
There is a decent team in there and at times it shows , I thought 1st half in bounce game last week was excellent but Saturday was below par and we were badly punished.
Confidence looks low at the moment but hopefully a good result at the weekend can build it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't manage to see the game but a fabulous result away from home. And yes.. A massive 3points.. And they were due a win.. I still think the style of football they are playing given that they are a new squad is really enjoyable to watch.. Even when they have been beat its not for the want of effort.

3 hours ago, VictoriALI said:

I didn't manage to see the game but a fabulous result away from home. And yes.. A massive 3points.. And they were due a win.. I still think the style of football they are playing given that they are a new squad is really enjoyable to watch.. Even when they have been beat its not for the want of effort.

I heard there wasn’t much in the game on Saturday. I spoke to a Girvan player today and he says that Girvan scored at the death but ref didn’t give it. Don’t know if it’s true as the player I spoke to is usually very biased towards his team and himself. He said they played the last 35mins with 10 men and the ref should have had a Irvine Vics shirt on.

I heard there wasn’t much in the game on Saturday. I spoke to a Girvan player today and he says that Girvan scored at the death but ref didn’t give it. Don’t know if it’s true as the player I spoke to is usually very biased towards his team and himself. He said they played the last 35mins with 10 men and the ref should have had a Irvine Vics shirt on.
It was a tight game and they did have a goal not given in last minute. Impossible to see from where I was if it was in but looked like might have been from reactions.
They went down to 10 men in 82nd minute not with 35 to go.
The ref was abysmal for both teams, probably the worst I have ever seen. Fans were laughing at some of his decisions they were so bad.
I really don't like to criticise refs as it's a thankless task but he was wrong so many times for both teams .
Girvan probably felt aggrieved at not getting a point but Vics deserved a bit of luck for a change.