Irvine Victoria 2018/19

tombo

Couldn't agree more, 
No doubt Troon deserved winners but the performance from the Vic's team deserves recognition, 
Thought some of the younger boys showed real good ability and No.8 was a standout. 
All best for rest of season. 
All the best to you guys too. We've a lot of time for big John and wee Jimmy, both have always been nothing but respectful whenever they plays us which is acknowledged by all here at the Vics.
PS Scott Chatham is a mate of my son, he knows who he is[emoji6]
T

Both Thorn Athletic and Kilbride Thistle Amatuers confirm signings of George Bonner and Pete Wood on their social media pages. 
Cheers, knew about Geordie, hadn't heard anything about Woody.[emoji106]

Nae luck today boys but that is a harsh lesson in football. Two chances, two goals. Heids up, you will learn from it and move on.
T
Mon the Toria!
Definitely a harsh one, played some great football at times and very unlucky to not get at least a point

Nae luck today boys but that is a harsh lesson in football. Two chances, two goals. Heids up, you will learn from it and move on.
T
Mon the Toria!
Progress continues though, we were always in the hunt, played well and created good chances right to the end. Dalry did their thing, did it well and their experience saw them through. As you say it's a learning process for now and for a group of guys who were mostly strangers to each other a few weeks back, we have come on well.

We have been up in this league a couple of times with a far more experienced side.. This team is hungry and I think will only get better with experience.. And the brand of football being played is certainly entertaining.. Looking forward to a great season..
Mon the Toria!

• 2 weeks later...

Right lads, it's the Dodgers on Friday night at their midden. So for all you newbies this is the biggest game of the season. I am assuming that our new posters are connected to the young boys who have joined this season. We don't do friendlies against that mob. If the weather is good this will be the biggest crowd that your boys will play in front of this season and all the neutrals want us to win.
T

Right lads, it's the Dodgers on Friday night at their midden. So for all you newbies this is the biggest game of the season. I am assuming that our new posters are connected to the young boys who have joined this season. We don't do friendlies against that mob. If the weather is good this will be the biggest crowd that your boys will play in front of this season and all the neutrals want us to win.

T

Oh my boy is definitely up for it , sadly I will not make it so give him a shout for me Tombo.

52 minutes ago, ski64 said:

Oh my boy is definitely up for it , sadly I will not make it so give him a shout for me Tombo.

Nae luck, he will just have to score to make up for your un explained absence. Lol:P

So playing a forward at centre half how did that work?
Boys played well tonight and were the better football team IMO. Lot of football played from the back at which your lad was at the heart of. Canny argue with a hat trick from the lad who started at centre and again IMO the young keeper didn't cover himself in any glory with the last two goals we conceded. However he made a couple of great saves when we were down to 9men to keep it to four. Listen we win as a team and we also lose as a team and we were very unlucky not to come away tonight with a result.
Anyway onwards and upwards, next up are the Candy, next weekend. Bring it on.

No issues with boy scoring a hat trick that's why he's there, disappointed with a forward having to play in back 3 , again and that's despite playing well further forward.
Will take the caveat as not being at game but there is a great team within that squad.

No issues with boy scoring a hat trick that's why he's there, disappointed with a forward having to play in back 3 , again and that's despite playing well further forward.
Will take the caveat as not being at game but there is a great team within that squad.
If your boy was the number 4 tonight he was excellent at the back and I thought he was a defender until I read this!
Vics manager got the front pairing spot on in my opinion with 3 goals scored between them and your lad seems talented and done great in defence. Should be happy he is playing and probably good experience in different positions and doing well.

Vics were unlucky and indiscipline from the two Singletons cost you the win in my opinion plus bit of dodgy goalkeeping. Meadow kept going and did score 4 goals from 4 different players. Need to perform far better to stay up in top league.

If your boy was the number 4 tonight he was excellent at the back and I thought he was a defender until I read this!
Vics manager got the front pairing spot on in my opinion with 3 goals scored between them and your lad seems talented and done great in defence. Should be happy he is playing and probably good experience in different positions and doing well.

Vics were unlucky and indiscipline from the two Singletons cost you the win in my opinion plus bit of dodgy goalkeeping. Meadow kept going and did score 4 goals from 4 different players. Need to perform far better to stay up in top league.
Spot on Shannon, although we lost we take a lot of positives from the game. I thought your team were there for the taking and I also think any of the big guns in your league, Glens, Pollok, Talbot, etc will give you a sore time.
T
PS, what's with McGinty being stripped? I've heard that isn't the first time this season.