Irvine Victoria 2018/19

tombo

Local rag says we have signed young Ryan McLaren, goalkeeper and Michael Holden. Am happy at that, the big keeper was excellent for us last season during his loan spell and a solid centre half to partner Youngy. Good start.
T

18 hours ago, NewMan87 said:

Had one phone call regarding signing mate n even at that it was a missed call lol. Hope a see the fans again n a wish use aw the best absolute fantastic group of fans 

Best fans I have come across in more than two decades of watching the juniors.  Great bunch, very friendly, very loyal

Edited by PRS
spelling

3 hours ago, junior7 said:

Looking at some of the amatuer players on trial with vics i think it could be a long hard season for Irvine Vics. Hope its not as always like to see them doing well. 

What was the starting line up?

3 hours ago, junior7 said:

Looking at some of the amatuer players on trial with vics i think it could be a long hard season for Irvine Vics. Hope its not as always like to see them doing well. 

Don't necessarily agree with that based on first 45 mins of yesterday's match. I felt the Vics played some nice football and really dominated. The new players appeared confident on the ball, were happy to take the ball in close contact and always looking for a pass. I don't know who were the trialist amateurs or stranraer loan players but the consensus at halftime was it was a good start. Second half was different with all the changes. Vics were worth their 4-1 lead but Shettleston didn't panic and worked hard to get the draw. I think both teams would have been happy with the run out as the object of preseason friendlies is the opportunity to get a look at new players, try new formations or in our case start afresh. We have three more friendlies and three cup games to get it right for the league starting in August.

T

P.S. don't know where Shettleston are in their rebuilding or what the expectations are for them but they looked good in patches particularly large parts of the second half.  Wish them well for the season

Its pre season so hard to judge both teams never mind individual players but knowing the amatuers playing yesterday and no disrespect junior is above there level. Maybe just making up numbers with the time of year- holidays etc. I hope vics can get a good team sorted and sign some expeirenced juniors as that will be a tough league and alot of last years team have left. Wish vics all the best

Shettleston like most teams have a raft of players on holiday and will use friendlies to experiment and to look at players

We are going about our buisness nice and quietly and like every team working hard behind the scenes

We have put last seasons disappointment behind us and are are making good progress in rebuilding the team for the season ahead

The game itself shettleston played well and would agree large spells in the second half. It's always difficult for teams when there chopping and changing and you loose a bit of the balance  and a couple of errors creep in but it's the same for everyone

Good weather, 8 goals and a game played in a sporting manner with great hospitality after the game. Good luck to Irvine vics for the season ahead and we will look forward at some point in returning the gesture and welcoming you up to shettleston 

Its pre season so hard to judge both teams never mind individual players but knowing the amatuers playing yesterday and no disrespect junior is above there level. Maybe just making up numbers with the time of year- holidays etc. I hope vics can get a good team sorted and sign some expeirenced juniors as that will be a tough league and alot of last years team have left. Wish vics all the best

What level of Juniors have you been watching? I thought vics first half was decent for a new team and first game.

What’s happened to the big lad George and boy Wood? Are they signed up for this season? 
Don't know about big George Bonnar haven't heard whether he was staying, going or following the rest of the sheep to the Winton. Woody was supposed to be linked with a move to Darvel, but last I heard that might not be the case. Nothing on their thread as yet but they've been signing players all summer so don't know if they are interested in him. Personally I would like to see Peter stay as I think he would be an asset in our squad.
T

On 17/07/2018 at 15:42, ardeerultra said:

4/5 ex ardeer players there from last season. Team finishes 2nd bottom and then they fancy a crack in the division above. As I said the ADL thread, Money money money.

Snakes

Maybe it’s because of the things behind the scenes such as screaming at young girls Ardeer ultra. It could be the fact the committee are a shambles like the unsupporting non loyal ‘ultras’ from the sides that are constantly negative about the team when they attend a match every 3 months. Sick of the nonsense that goes on in the stand at an ardeer match with the hooligans. Ardeer are going nowhere I think the boys whoever left I’m assuming Michael Holden and Jamie are part of that clan you claim are snakes are doing what’s right, theyv Been loyal for long enough

4/5 ex ardeer players there from last season. Team finishes 2nd bottom and then they fancy a crack in the division above. As I said the ADL thread, Money money money.

Snakes

I highly doubt they are moving to Vics for money. Will be to play at a higher league and to test themselves against teams from a higher division

I highly doubt they are moving to Vics for money. Will be to play at a higher league and to test themselves against teams from a higher division 

Aye That May be true to play at a higher level and test themselves against teams from a higher division but happily took £40 a week to finish 2nd bottom in the ADL and not even kick a ball for a season

Best of luck to them.

Whitvic123 frightening thing for you sweetheart is the fact your IP address is traced al see you soon

This reply just sums up all that is wrong at Ardeer. A club that has sat stagnant at the foot of the table with absolutely no aspirations of trying to better themselves.

More effort spent letting the locals come in for a can of beer rather than trying to build a solid football side.

I suggest the club should start looking inwards on who is running it behind the scenes. If clubs like kello and craigmark can push on and build solid teams and win promotion etc with being so rural and having a very low pool of local players to pick from, a team in the 3 towns should be doing much better.

31 minutes ago, ardeerultra said:

Whitvic123 frightening thing for you sweetheart is the fact your IP address is traced al see you soon

Settle down big man, no need for this. You know you get a lot of banter on here, I’m sure that’s all it is.