Irvine Victoria 2018/19

tombo

I see that Winton have announced that Mears, Harpo and Chris Wilson have signed for them. Any chance the Vics could keep their fans informed of any player movements, even something as simple as who re-signed for next season as a starting point?
T

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I see that Winton have announced that Mears, Harpo and Chris Wilson have signed for them. Any chance the Vics could keep their fans informed of any player movements, even something as simple as who re-signed for next season as a starting point?
T

Yes we will as soon as registrations go through

T

Callum Davidson away to Hurlford Thistle as well

Yes we will as soon as registrations go through
So we don't have any of last season's squad committed to this year? Also if you are keeping your cards close to your chest with potential new signings, you can at least tell us who have left the club!
T

Still no updates on players either in or out, what’s happening?
Could be a disaster of a season!
Don't necessarily agree that it could be a disaster of a season. New management team maybe didn't fancy the bulk of the players from last season and could have others lined up. If that is the case then fine but agree we should be getting updates. It is common knowledge locally who appear to have left, but there are some who stayed and it would be good if the club came out with a statement confirming this to reassure supporters. They are never slow to post on Twitter during the season and aren't slow at asking you for your money for season tickets, sponsorship and the like. And before I get a snidey response I don't begrudge them my cash. There is nothing to be secretive about.

5 minutes ago, tombo said:

Don't necessarily agree that it could be a disaster of a season. New management team maybe didn't fancy the bulk of the players from last season and could have others lined up. If that is the case then fine but agree we should be getting updates. It is common knowledge locally who appear to have left, but there are some who stayed and it would be good if the club came out with a statement confirming this to reassure supporters. They are never slow to post on Twitter during the season and aren't slow at asking you for your money for season tickets, sponsorship and the like. And before I get a snidey response I don't begrudge them my cash. There is nothing to be secretive about.

I only said it could be a disaster.

I agree it might not be and what you have said might be the case.

But what if it isn’t and they have no players in or lined up to come in. Panic then starts to creep in and signings of players that aren’t actually good enough start to be signed. 

I hope this isn’t the case but when you here of players leaving and no replacement being mentioned it does make you wonder!

It is always a difficult time when a manager goes to a new club, they tend to try and sign players that they have worked with and know.  I agree that it all depends on the new management team as they may have a similar idea on players that they want, only time will tell.

Sorry to hear that long time committee man and Club President Rab Hanvey has left the club. He was always good guy when visiting the Vics (well he did run the pie shop! always a star in my eyes). Sad to see the club has not acknowledged or thanked him for his service on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to say Medda will not be welcoming Robert Milligan and his pal to Medda Park. They turned up at a recent game and refused to pay the £1 entrance fee to the Stand. When visiting Vic's Park I always take a programme and a raffle as I appreciate how hard it is to keep the Club running.  

How long was Rab  at this the Vics, always made me very welcome and a club stalwart.

Think this was Rabs second stint as club President 15years and 10years and i believe his father was also club President before him. So he goes back a long way with the Vics.

Just like to say good luck to toria for this coming season. Absolutely loved my time there and the fans especially you were all amazing and had great rapport with you all and I will miss that. Great team and I am happy I helped get promotion. All the best again and tha k you for a great time KP #wakanda 

4 hours ago, NewMan87 said:

Just like to say good luck to toria for this coming season. Absolutely loved my time there and the fans especially you were all amazing and had great rapport with you all and I will miss that. Great team and I am happy I helped get promotion. All the best again and tha k you for a great time KP #wakanda 

All the best Kenny, just sorry you're not with us this season. No doubt if we have no game, we will pop along to see the Vics old boys in action for the Winton!;)

T

23 hours ago, tombo said:

All the best Kenny, just sorry you're not with us this season. No doubt if we have no game, we will pop along to see the Vics old boys in action for the Winton!;)

T

Had one phone call regarding signing mate n even at that it was a missed call lol. Hope a see the fans again n a wish use aw the best absolute fantastic group of fans