Xxxtentacion dead at 20

ATLIS

Ponder if something is subconscious racism (the detachment to the value of life and benefit of the doubt of young black Americans) and some people get knickers in a twist saying they've been accused of racism. 

Video I posted above is worth a watch for the open minded. 

I find his music very poor, I just can't get round the fact that the beats are insipid in the vast majority of his songs and he has a terrible overeliance on that autotune/double track type delivery. His syllables are lazy and his flow, for me, is inconsistent. 

It is a shame he's dead (difficult circumstances aside, he didn't seem like a good person btw) but culturally he strikes me as the type of 'artist'who would be very easy to replace in that abysmal postmillenial market.

Edited by cb_diamond

Am I f**k! I can't remember how I stumbled across his work the other week. I think it was a YouTube journey and coming across the Charlamagne tha God getting punched in the street video on his way to work at the 105.1 Breakfast Club show, then saw his interview with some cocky rainbow coloured haired dude. I tried to listen to his album to see what he was all about but I'm afraid it's a no from me, Simon. 
I won't deny liking 'Billy' though. Great hype tune. Charlamagne said in the interview he liked the tune where he sounded like Onyx and I'm guessing he meant that one. 

Because of this post I ended up reading up on 6ix9ine, watching interviews and all of the breakfast club chat.

Ended up following him on Instagram and he posted a video from a concert yesterday and the crowd was absolutely wild. He was standing on someone's shoulders in the middle of a mosh pit, was pretty cool.

Not a fan, however, he seems to be making himself fairly well followed, and toning down some of the feuds.

Ponder if something is subconscious racism (the detachment to the value of life and benefit of the doubt of young black Americans) and some people get knickers in a twist saying they've been accused of racism. 

I have pondered. He was a woman beating arsehole and Cee Lo Green is a rapey arsehole. In similar fashion, Sean Penn is a woman beating arsehole and Phil Spector is a murdery arsehole. Race is f**k all to do with being an arsehole.

On 02/07/2018 at 12:26, Stormzy said:

I think you're way past the point of kidding on you're a moral crusader in any way. 

Murder is bad and assaulting people is bad. It's very simple and the colour of a person's skin doesn't change that.

Anyway you liked this wee clown so I'd bet that video is shite as well.

• 2 years later...
15 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Look at me 5 years old  now. Still one of the most listened to artists in Spotify history. 

R.I.P Jaseh Onfroy. 

You're 5 years old and your mummy lets you listen to this pish. That's some questionable parenting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...