Xxxtentacion dead at 20

ATLIS

33 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just stopped crying long enough to type this, rip sweet prince.
Funny folks being called subconscious racists, if it was a white country singer who battered a woman and acted like a scumbag i’d not be mourning their loss.
I get glorifying ‘gangsta’ behaviour is part of the schtick but BIG, Tupac and XXXtentacles were all wankers in the same way Bono and Ted Nugent are also. When Nugent and Bono cop it i’ll feel the same.
The near constant griefmongering everytime celebrities die is fucking sickening and should be quite rightly mocked as it has so wonderfully on this thread.

I think Bono's a w****r in a different mould to the rest of them.

11 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Some edgy c***s in here. Don't know any of the details of the kids life but almost gleefully mock his death and he's the bad guy...

Bunch of scumbags. 

10 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Do you know who that is? 

Do you believe everything random edgelords post on the internet? I also don't see the correlation, you're showing me a victim of an assault to prove that the people celebrating a 20 year olds tragic death is appropriate.. is that what you're doing here or do you just like posting pictures of beat up women?  

9 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Oh the banter.

20 year old kid shot to death, understandably has some people upset, why is the response to that sneering and mocking?

8 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Hence why I asked if anyone actually knows the story with both sides. I'm very well read on this subject and followed it closely. Presuming he did assault her is one thing, celebrating his brutal murder as your version of justice is another thing. 

I don't understand why people are so quick to pontificate on this subject without knowing any of the backing story or without wanting to have a full knowledge on the situation. Perhaps it's just easier to say he's a scumbag and you're glad he's dead but it's such a warped way to view things. Is it subconscious racism, I've seen far too many people gleeful this kid is dead, like even if you knew he assaulted Ayala do you then think justice to that situation is to be slain on the streets? She seemed a tad more upset than some of the edgelords I've seen over the last few days. 

The kid had a troubled past, some of it is only alleged but what's clear to anyone that can be bothered to look into the story is that he was doing a lot of positive things for the youth in his area, he raised an awful lot of money for local charities and had seemed to find some solace in helping others, he also came from a broken home and was the victim of an abusive childhood and was raised in the Floridian foster care system for a while so I prefer to view the situation as the tragedy it is rather than celebrate the fact the kid's dead. I think it's probably the herd mentality on a male dominated forum, bunch of kids trying to one up each other on who can say the foulest thing which they wouldn't repeat within 5 feet of a normal human being. 

I know some will be licking their lips at the thought of a Rangers fan on here getting triggered but sorry to disappoint i've had my say, really enjoyed the guys music, best thing since Tupac and Eminem imo, his music will stand the test of time as will his legacy. Man-children on P&B will remain as they are and life goes on. 

8 hours ago, Stormzy said:

So people who you think are p***ks are better of shot dead. You're a fucking wrong-un. Sounding like a true 'Murican, bring back the death penalty for those foreigners type. 

6 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Well at least none of you are insecure about this one.  Keep up the good fight you banterous incel nice guys. If someone could call me a snowflake for not finding this funny then we can complete the moron bingo and be done with it, bunch of mouthbreathers. 

6 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I don't post frequently but I've read the board for a few years, don't often venture into these sort of threads right enough, i'm not annoyed, I've questioned people's reactions and that seems to have annoyed some of the children. Mentioning dots, posting gifs, meta patter, heads gone. Ironically the slowest on the forum are the quickest to group up and attack. I find this board to be a good laugh, when I feel bad about myself I read some posts on here and it doesn't take long to make me feel good! 

5 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Imagine acting like one AND using emojis.  

Good gif mate, really gets your point across better than i'm sure you could with words. 

Aye now you've mentioned it Eminem can't sing either, hope the c**t gets shot. 

You've clearly googled diatribes. Stick to the gifs mate, leave the words to the adults now. 

You're a bit dense. We shall leave it there. 

I'd take a read through the thread again, there's a distinction between not caring. (When famous people die that I don't care about I don't do anything about it, I don't find the thread on them to comment as I don't care) and being nasty in an attempt to appear edgy

"A real piece of shit. Good riddance to the c**t"

Posts like that are more the type I was referring to.  20 year old kid shot dead and he responds "Good riddance" there's no way this big man actually talks like that to people offline. I just find it a strange idea unless you're 14, then it makes sense. 

You posted the lyrics to a song that is about the vocals, he wasn't just a rapper, you could have chose good lyrics which would showcase him as a wordsmith yet you chose to misleadingly post his lyrics to a song that's well known as being a well sung song, not a lyrical rap song.

Let me just say as I think some of you are getting ahead of yourselves, I find your stances odd and your circle-jerk toilet humour to be distasteful, cringeworthy and unfunny, i'm not offended nor do I care if you don't like xxxtentacion. 

U OK, ***?

15 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Hence why I asked if anyone actually knows the story with both sides. I'm very well read on this subject and followed it closely. Presuming he did assault her is one thing, celebrating his brutal murder as your version of justice is another thing. 

I don't understand why people are so quick to pontificate on this subject without knowing any of the backing story or without wanting to have a full knowledge on the situation. Perhaps it's just easier to say he's a scumbag and you're glad he's dead but it's such a warped way to view things. Is it subconscious racism, I've seen far too many people gleeful this kid is dead, like even if you knew he assaulted Ayala do you then think justice to that situation is to be slain on the streets? She seemed a tad more upset than some of the edgelords I've seen over the last few days. 

The kid had a troubled past, some of it is only alleged but what's clear to anyone that can be bothered to look into the story is that he was doing a lot of positive things for the youth in his area, he raised an awful lot of money for local charities and had seemed to find some solace in helping others, he also came from a broken home and was the victim of an abusive childhood and was raised in the Floridian foster care system for a while so I prefer to view the situation as the tragedy it is rather than celebrate the fact the kid's dead. I think it's probably the herd mentality on a male dominated forum, bunch of kids trying to one up each other on who can say the foulest thing which they wouldn't repeat within 5 feet of a normal human being. 

I know some will be licking their lips at the thought of a Rangers fan on here getting triggered but sorry to disappoint i've had my say, really enjoyed the guys music, best thing since Tupac and Eminem imo, his music will stand the test of time as will his legacy. Man-children on P&B will remain as they are and life goes on. 

Pulling the race card is low. 

You're the only person who has mentioned his race on the entire thread. 

In other news, I'd never heard of the boy but am enjoying a couple of tunes of his I've since heard. Smart publicity stunt IMO. 

Eta: This boy will be the next deid rapper IMO...

Edited by Dee Man

On 20/06/2018 at 14:08, Richey Edwards said:

There is (or at least there used to be) a tendency for people to raise up dead rappers as some kind of martyrs who are above all criticism, despite: 

a) them being awful people who have made poor life choices and decisions that lead to their own deaths

and b) not being anywhere near as good as their posthumously acquired reputation might suggest.

I didn't know this guys music, but it appears that he is no real loss to the world.

Are you including Big L? Probably the most talented emcee that existed. 

On 22/06/2018 at 03:46, Dee Man said:

Pulling the race card is low. 

You're the only person who has mentioned his race on the entire thread. 

In other news, I'd never heard of the boy but am enjoying a couple of tunes of his I've since heard. Smart publicity stunt IMO. 

Eta: This boy will be the next deid rapper IMO...

You're not listening to Tekashi are you Deeboy? :1eye You're one of the only reliable posters on the hip hop thread. 

Just had a quick look at the last couple of pages of the P&B hip hop thread which I never do because it's probably the worst thread on the genre I've seen on the internet lately. Richey Edwards talking about Biggie and ODB with a bit more respect on there. 

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Are you including Big L? Probably the most talented emcee that existed. 

No. If you want specific names I was referring to 2Pac who, while good, is nowhere near as amazing as people make out. I could probably name at least 15 rappers better than him.

54 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

You're not listening to Tekashi are you Deeboy? :1eye You're one of the only reliable posters on the hip hop thread. 

Am I f**k! I can't remember how I stumbled across his work the other week. I think it was a YouTube journey and coming across the Charlamagne tha God getting punched in the street video on his way to work at the 105.1 Breakfast Club show, then saw his interview with some cocky rainbow coloured haired dude. I tried to listen to his album to see what he was all about but I'm afraid it's a no from me, Simon. 

I won't deny liking 'Billy' though. Great hype tune. Charlamagne said in the interview he liked the tune where he sounded like Onyx and I'm guessing he meant that one. 

19 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

No. If you want specific names I was referring to 2Pac who, while good, is nowhere near as amazing as people make out. I could probably name at least 15 rappers better than him.

So when you were criticising the quality of output from dead rhymers, you only meant 2Pac? I'm not a fan myself tbh

14 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Am I f**k! I can't remember how I stumbled across his work the other week. I think it was a YouTube journey and coming across the Charlamagne tha God getting punched in the street video on his way to work at the 105.1 Breakfast Club show, then saw his interview with some cocky rainbow coloured haired dude. I tried to listen to his album to see what he was all about but I'm afraid it's a no from me, Simon. 

I won't deny liking 'Billy' though. Great hype tune. Charlamagne said in the interview he liked the tune where he sounded like Onyx and I'm guessing he meant that one. 

If that boy isn't trolling then he has serious mental health issues, he's mad corny.

On 20/06/2018 at 14:08, Richey Edwards said:

There is (or at least there used to be) a tendency for people to raise up dead rappers as some kind of martyrs who are above all criticism, despite: 

a) them being awful people who have made poor life choices and decisions that lead to their own deaths

and b) not being anywhere near as good as their posthumously acquired reputation might suggest.

I didn't know this guys music, but it appears that he is no real loss to the world.

You've said this but haven't commented on Big L yet and said on another thread you like Biggie and ODB. Apart from 2pac what other dead emcees make you feel this strongly?

9 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

You've said this but haven't commented on Big L yet and said on another thread you like Biggie and ODB. Apart from 2pac what other dead emcees make you feel this strongly?

Biggie and Big L were great.

ODB maybe wasn't the most gifted and was very unorthodox but he was funny and a unique character who was part of one of the best rap crews of all time.

Eazy E - didn't even write his own songs. All of his lyrics were written by any of Ice Cube, MC Ren or Knocturnal (I think?). I know he's respected for being a figurehead but I find it hard to take rappers who don't write their own words seriously. Surely the whole point of rapping is to come up with your own lyrics?

9 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Biggie and Big L were great.

ODB maybe wasn't the most gifted and was very unorthodox but he was funny and a unique character who was part of one of the best rap crews of all time.

Eazy E - didn't even write his own songs. All of his lyrics were written by any of Ice Cube, MC Ren or Knocturnal (I think?). I know he's respected for being a figurehead but I find it hard to take rappers who don't write their own words seriously. Surely the whole point of rapping is to come up with your own lyrics?

So why say what you did originally, is it because they weren't photogenic enough?

It doesn't matter how technical ODB was he was one of those most instrumental with the move in sound from west coat to east in the early 90's. The  D.O.C  was most responsible for E's lyrics. Who cares? The results were brilliant and his own emceeing career was stopped tragically early in that car crash.