Do you like religion?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Can you give us a summary of the arguments from the religious person?

Why not watch it and find this out along with the counter-arguments and counter-counter-arguments?

• 4 months later...

After the Charlestown Church murders and the Christchurch Mosque shootings, not to mention the multiple other violent deaths that people meet in their places of worship across the globe but don't get quite the same media attention, you have to wonder if religious types ever think to themselves that perhaps this c**t that they are worshipping either isn't that great after all or perhaps doesn't even exist at all if he is prepared to let his followers be gunned down in the very place they are praying to him. 

Listening to the Islamic call to prayer today on the radio had me wondering what it would take to shake someone's faith if they are chanting "God is great" one week after their family members had been slaughtered in their mosque. I'd hate to see what their God would let happen to them if he wasn't that great. 

I'll never get it. 

17 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

After the Charlestown Church murders and the Christchurch Mosque shootings, not to mention the multiple other violent deaths that people meet in their places of worship across the globe but don't get quite the same media attention, you have to wonder if religious types ever think to themselves that perhaps this c**t that they are worshipping either isn't that great after all or perhaps doesn't even exist at all if he is prepared to let his followers be gunned down in the very place they are praying to him. 

Listening to the Islamic call to prayer today on the radio had me wondering what it would take to shake someone's faith if they are chanting "God is great" one week after their family members had been slaughtered in their mosque. I'd hate to see what their God would let happen to them if he wasn't that great. 

I'll never get it. 

For them Dee Man, God and/or Allah is a bit like Claudio Canniggia to you. Obviously with worse hair than Claudio though. 

22 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'll never get it. 

That's easy, that's just God testing their faith.  Nothing test your faith like your whole family being murdered by the person you worship.

33 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'll never get it. 

Kevin Bridges has had the most accurate summation of the situation for me.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

For them Dee Man, God and/or Allah is a bit like Claudio Canniggia to you. Obviously with worse hair than Claudio though. 

I stopped worshipping at the feet of the Argentinean wizard the moment he signed for Rangers. That was worse than my family being mown down in a hail of semi-automatic gunfire. Religious fanatics would do well to learn from my story. 

God moves in mysterious ways. 

And he's always been a c**t. See what he did to Lot's wife for being nosey for example. 

If your god has destroyed whole cities and flooded the whole world or then you don't expect him to have any empathy. 

Neither Christians or Muslims expect God to be nice to them in this world. The arse kissing is all to get a good deal after they are dead. 

The stupid fucks. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's easy, that's just God testing their faith.  Nothing test your faith like your whole family being murdered by the person you worship.

I didn't speak to Owen Coyle for ages after he killed mine.

Archived