Jump to content
Pyramidic

WoSFL Pyramid Deadline - SJFA or Club led?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

 

  • Some verbal waffle that the SJFA / WRJFA will look into the matter in due course.

 

I know where my money would be.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

We are now only one week away from the SJFA West Region Annual General Meeting which will be held on Wednesday, 27 June 2018.

Does anyone know how SFA Pyramid Restructuring will be covered at the AGM?

Is it being included as an Agenda Item?

I suppose various approaches might be followed:

  • A Paper presented on SFA Pyramid Restructuring with recommendation;
  • A resolution that a Pyramid Restructuring Working Group be established by the WRJFA to explore a positive way forward; or
  • Some verbal waffle that the SJFA / WRJFA will look into the matter in due course.

Any ideas which way we are going and whether any deadlines will be set?

what cups are we playing this year and I suppose the Secretary positions will be voted on.

Pyramid chat no chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

what cups are we playing this year and I suppose the Secretary positions will be voted on.

Pyramid chat no chance

If so - would a club be brave enough to raise the issue under Any Other Business?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pyramidic said:

If so - would a club be brave enough to raise the issue under Any Other Business?

I would hope so.
Surely steps have to be taken now after the  National AGM vote to move the West Region en masse to level 6.
League Fixtures would become a priority with perhaps minor cups scheduled in for late in the season once league positions are sorted if there is time.
Hopefully somebody can come up with a workable timetable for slotting in the "Junior / National Cup" probably amalgamating  it with what currently exists in the EOS  SOS etc and including all teams from level 5.
The number of potential fixtures a club has throughout the season should be limited to the maximum dates available less a set amount for postponements.
It's no rocket science but does take a bit of effort but surely in this day that is manageable.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

AGMs seldom make decisions: they formalise what has been agreed in the proverbial smoke-filled rooms. Don't Junior club committee men speak to their opposite numbers? Have mobile phones reached Ayrshire?

You obviously don't know how the West Region AGM works, then again why would you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

If so - would a club be brave enough to raise the issue under Any Other Business?

It would have to be put forward as an item for the agenda and circulated to the clubs the requisite number of days before the AGM then discussed and voted on.

If any club tried to bring it up at the AGM without doing this then it would be deemed out of order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, santheman said:

It would have to be put forward as an item for the agenda and circulated to the clubs the requisite number of days before the AGM then discussed and voted on.

If any club tried to bring it up at the AGM without doing this then it would be deemed out of order.

Capture1.JPG.d1530ef40c06bb9d84e0e70872b9c3cb.JPG

Capture2.JPG.764e8a63470d23d4f33f714774f6669a.JPG

Source: http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/resources/documents/SJFAFiles/DocumentsandDownloads/Constitution&Rules/West Region Constitution and Rules 2017-18 .pdf

 

Thanks santheman for pointing me in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

If so - would a club be brave enough to raise the issue under Any Other Business?

In the wake of TJs mention of one year notices. Will anyone ask Clydebank for there's?

Chances are no. As it brings the whole pyramid discussion to the forefront. 

As regions they've ignored the issue & put their trust in the SJFA. Juniors in to the pyramid is going to work similarly to the East. A number of clubs make individual moves and the dam breaks open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this still a junior forum ?

It would appear that this forum is now rife with anti junior members.

If and when the rest of the juniors decide to join the pyramid , and I believe that is inevitable,I hope they do it in an orderly fashion.

The way it worked out in the East reminded me of my school days when at the dancing the boys stood at one side and the girls on the other and we all ran like hell so as not to be left with the ugly girl, that was the way the East teams ended up looking like in my humble opinion of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is this still a junior forum ?
It would appear that this forum is now rife with anti junior members.
If and when the rest of the juniors decide to join the pyramid , and I believe that is inevitable,I hope they do it in an orderly fashion.
The way it worked out in the East reminded me of my school days when at the dancing the boys stood at one side and the girls on the other and we all ran like hell so as not to be left with the ugly girl, that was the way the East teams ended up looking like in my humble opinion of course.


Who, in your opinion, is to blame for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, geo87 said:

 


Who, in your opinion, is to blame for that?

 

Lack of communication from all sides I assume and a bit of canvassing behind the scenes.

All I know for definite is that in one season some teams changed their opinions on the juniors dramatically.

One season they were happy enough , the next they bolted and the juniors were all of a sudden a terrible place to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lack of communication from all sides I assume and a bit of canvassing behind the scenes.
All I know for definite is that in one season some teams changed their opinions on the juniors dramatically.
One season they were happy enough , the next they bolted and the juniors were all of a sudden a terrible place to be. 

So you still think the eosl is partly to blame???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:


So you still think the eosl is partly to blame???

I think it turned into a race like I said above, and fear factor played its part I believe in many teams leaving.......a lot of that due to canvassing both on here and beyond.

Now we have fans from East teams who have left and senior teams trying to encourage the same thing in the West.

I think it should be done in an orderly fashion and now that an actual vote has taken place that is grounds to work on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, A.M said:

I think it turned into a race like I said above, and fear factor played its part I believe in many teams leaving.......a lot of that due to canvassing both on here and beyond.

Now we have fans from East teams who have left and senior teams trying to encourage the same thing in the West.

I think it should be done in an orderly fashion and now that an actual vote has taken place that is grounds to work on.

There has been no canvassing from the East of Scotland League. They deserve no blame at all. They got applications and handled them well. It's nice for west juniors to say it should be done in an orderly fashion. However, in the west there is no route to the pyramid yet. If it's done correctly, pretty much the full current structure can be put in the pyramid (with provisions for clubs relegating into that structure & applications from outside the current WRJFA structure). In the East that is different. There was never going to be a route into the pyramid through the ERJFA as there was already a senior league in place. Any East team wanting to get into the pyramid had to do it via the EoSFL, simple as that. When the first lot moved, it became clear that it was a "move now or join at tier 7/8 later" scenario. Then you can't blame the late applicants for making the jump.

Oh, and being highly critical of how the junior game is run or wanting it to be in the pyramid, doesn't make someone "anti-juniors".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marten said:

There has been no canvassing from the East of Scotland League. They deserve no blame at all. They got applications and handled them well. It's nice for west juniors to say it should be done in an orderly fashion. However, in the west there is no route to the pyramid yet. If it's done correctly, pretty much the full current structure can be put in the pyramid (with provisions for clubs relegating into that structure & applications from outside the current WRJFA structure). In the East that is different. There was never going to be a route into the pyramid through the ERJFA as there was already a senior league in place. Any East team wanting to get into the pyramid had to do it via the EoSFL, simple as that. When the first lot moved, it became clear that it was a "move now or join at tier 7/8 later" scenario. Then you can't blame the late applicants for making the jump.

Oh, and being highly critical of how the junior game is run or wanting it to be in the pyramid, doesn't make someone "anti-juniors".

Please quote where I blamed the EOSL ?

I think its pretty clear some members on here are indeed anti junior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A.M said:

Please quote where I blamed the EOSL ?

I think its pretty clear some members on here are indeed anti junior.

Who else will have "canvassed juniors"?

Maybe there are some, but on multiple occasions I've seen people been blamed for being "anti juniors" just because of criticising the way the SJFA works. I regularly criticise how junior football is being run and some of the attitudes in there, but I am definitely not anti junior as I also regularly watch games in the juniors at various grounds, something which I will keep doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marten said:

Who else will have "canvassed juniors"?

Maybe there are some, but on multiple occasions I've seen people been blamed for being "anti juniors" just because of criticising the way the SJFA works. I regularly criticise how junior football is being run and some of the attitudes in there, but I am definitely not anti junior as I also regularly watch games in the juniors at various grounds, something which I will keep doing.

I dont mean the guys who criticise how its run, I am talking about the guys who come on and try and degrade the juniors and in particular Ayrshire just for the sake of it.

Who else ? Not sure what you mean by that ?

By saying who else you agree that some canvassing has been done ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A.M said:

I dont mean the guys who criticise how its run, I am talking about the guys who come on and try and degrade the juniors and in particular Ayrshire just for the sake of it.

Who else ? Not sure what you mean by that ?

By saying who else you agree that some canvassing has been done ?

If you're not blaming the EoSFL for canvassing, who do you blame? Most accusations of canvassing I've seen so far were aimed at the EoSFL, and were unfounded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, A.M said:

Please quote where I blamed the EOSL ?

I think its pretty clear some members on here are indeed anti junior.

Canvassing - I've heard this a number of times on here and elsewhere from those Junior types who think the EoSFL actively went out and encouraged clubs to move. They didn't, so let's put that one to rest once and for all, paranoid minds and all that.  There has been lively debate with the pros and cons of joining listed and debated. That isn't canvassing, it's communication.

Anti-Junior - What many are saying is that in their opinion Junior clubs are better served by moving into the Senior Pyramid. For those that don't want to, they remain Junior.  If that is classed as anti-Junior then that's your problem I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marten said:

If you're not blaming the EoSFL for canvassing, who do you blame? Most accusations of canvassing I've seen so far were aimed at the EoSFL, and were unfounded.

Come on Marten, you sound like a clever guy, there are quite a few on here who have canvassed daily...Burnieman makes no apologies for his daily posts, among others . KEFC posted numerous posts showing the benefits of joining the EOSFL, mostly money orientated btw.

....and just as I write I get a notification from said Burnieman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×