Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

Entitled to an opinion you are. 
The committee is letting the club and it’s supporters down. Surely as custodians of the club they should be stabilising things and keep them so going forward until eventually the next generation take over. But as things are going just now there won’t be much left to handover. Your club is in free fall. 
Im not doubting Dereks pedigree as a player. But sadly good players don’t necessarily make good managers. I suspect you could pick a team on a Saturday and the results wouldn’t be any worse.
So  in my opinion it’s time for a change. There’s decent idle managers out there with experience and contacts that’ll at least steady the ship before the supporters get fed up and slowly start moving on. What young person wants to go and watch that every week.  

The committee work as hard as they can,unless you know more than you are letting on,agreed they are managers out there idle probably with a better pedigree than Derek,however the committee will give him every chance,unless he decides otherwise,as I keep saying it might not be a bad thing going down keep some of the players and go again,I know we take heavy defeats every week but some of our play is not too bad,so that gives Derek something too work with,agreed we could be doing with more committee members but that's junior football for you

dont know  if its a coincidence  or not , but things seemed  to take a dip when  roy Peters  ( think thats his name) stepped  down from his role at the club , dont really know only asking the question 
Roy Gibson is the man you are talking about,Roy done a good job,but so are the other committee members,there is not a lot of difference between there work ethic

2 hours ago, Certain Individual said:

The committee is letting the club and it’s supporters down. Surely as custodians of the club they should be stabilising things and keep them so going forward until eventually the next generation take over. But as things are going just now there won’t be much left to handover. Your club is in free fall. 

Im not doubting Dereks pedigree as a player. But sadly good players don’t necessarily make good managers. I suspect you could pick a team on a Saturday and the results wouldn’t be any worse.

So  in my opinion it’s time for a change. There’s decent idle managers out there with experience and contacts that’ll at least steady the ship before the supporters get fed up and slowly start moving on. What young person wants to go and watch that every week.  

Hear Hear.

27 minutes ago, larky9 said:
2 hours ago, Certain Individual said:

The committee work as hard as they can,unless you know more than you are letting on,agreed they are managers out there idle probably with a better pedigree than Derek,however the committee will give him every chance,unless he decides otherwise,as I keep saying it might not be a bad thing going down keep some of the players and go again,I know we take heavy defeats every week but some of our play is not too bad,so that gives Derek something too work with,agreed we could be doing with more committee members but that's junior football for you

Its a BAD thing to go down.

Its an HORRENDOUS thing to lose so heavily every week. So many aspects to this , it would take pages to list them.

Is this what the famous Larkhall Thistle have come to?

6 hours ago, larky9 said:

I'm just a supporter of the club that's all,Derek's pedigree as a player is good,so given time you hope he will do ok as a manager,but his job was always going to be that but difficult because he had to build a new team so in saying that if we go down it's not a problem,the young players will have a season under their belt which should hold them in good stead for next season

The young players ( not their fault ) are way short at this level. One or two might come through, but to expect otherwise is simply delusional. More humiliations ae going to kill their careers.

The young players ( not their fault ) are way short at this level. One or two might come through, but to expect otherwise is simply delusional. More humiliations ae going to kill their careers.
Your right,probably about 2 of them will make at this level,but they are gaining experience and that should help them in the future,maybe we should've went down last season and started to build in a lower league that might of helped the kids but we are where we are and we will keep on going
Delusional,nobody at the club were thinking all the kids would cut it at this level we gave them a platform to build and with them playing experienced juniors every week should benefit them

15 minutes ago, larky9 said:

Your right,probably about 2 of them will make at this level,but they are gaining experience and that should help them in the future,maybe we should've went down last season and started to build in a lower league that might of helped the kids but we are where we are and we will keep on going
Delusional,nobody at the club were thinking all the kids would cut it at this level we gave them a platform to build and with them playing experienced juniors every week should benefit them

Questions still remain- why did we lose a full team?  Something very, very wrong.  The Gow signed 5 of them  and ae in the Sectional Cup Final. In years past, we were in that final frequently. I believe the pool of players we had were better than showed. 

Given their loss, what plan was put in place? Why are we persevering with a failed poiicy?  Are we really prepared for weekly hammerings ? Does nobody comprehend the dangers?

A 140 -year history reduced to a laughing stock?

Questions still remain- why did we lose a full team?  Something very, very wrong.  The Gow signed 5 of them  and ae in the Sectional Cup Final. In years past, we were in that final frequently. I believe the pool of players we had were better than showed. 
Given their loss, what plan was put in place? Why are we persevering with a failed poiicy?  Are we really prepared for weekly hammerings ? Does nobody comprehend the dangers?
If you are a season ticket holder these questions can be asked at the AGM,hopefully the committee will gladly provide you with these answers

1 hour ago, larky9 said:
1 hour ago, larkyforever said:

If you are a season ticket holder these questions can be asked at the AGM,hopefully the committee will gladly provide you with these answers

Given the extent of the crisis, shouldnt the Club be communicating how we got here, and what the plan is?

Pretty basic stuff

Doesn't matter how the club got in this position it's how they  get out of it is the main concern. However some of the criticism and negativity on here is pretty poor imo. The team will continue to develop in the coming weeks and the last three results don't tell the full story. Three new signings have came in and the majority of younger boys have gone back to the 19's The younger ones left will develop  learn from the signings. The hardest thing is the league is split in two in terms of strength and judge them when they have a settled and signed squad and they have played the Craigmark's Kello and Girvan's etc with all due respect.

No doubt they would have fared better in a lower league but it is what it is.

Easy to criticise when support becomes hard but is what's needed.

Doesn't matter how the club got in this position it's how they  get out of it is the main concern. However some of the criticism and negativity on here is pretty poor imo. The team will continue to develop in the coming weeks and the last three results don't tell the full story. Three new signings have came in and the majority of younger boys have gone back to the 19's The younger ones left will develop  learn from the signings. The hardest thing is the league is split in two in terms of strength and judge them when they have a settled and signed squad and they have played the Craigmark's Kello and Girvan's etc with all due respect.
No doubt they would have fared better in a lower league but it is what it is.
Easy to criticise when support becomes hard but is what's needed.

Very true,this has been my point throughout,most of the teams have settled squads and been together for a few seasons we haven't so you can see why we have been the whipping boys every week so far,let's see where we are in a few months once things settle down,I doubt it very much that Derek will want to lose heavily every week,so he will be working hard to rectify that.
Somebody asked why the players were all allowed to leave? It was their decision to leave as most junior players only sign for a season and they also said they were only there for Sinky,so when he went the players all went too

4 hours ago, Bigjeffery said:

As I have said before won’t be long till larkhall is playing in the bottom league or they could go out the junior game altogether

6 games in and you've got them down to losing the remaining 24 plus next season's 30 and the following season's 30 as well. Any chance of your lottery numbers ?

On 11/09/2018 at 19:56, larky9 said:
On 11/09/2018 at 19:52, larkyforever said:

I've  said in a previous  post  that players  weren't  getting  paid  thats why they left its as simple as that, Did roy  gibson  not  help the club  out with the money  side  of things?

I've  said in a previous  post  that players  weren't  getting  paid  thats why they left its as simple as that, Did roy  gibson  not  help the club  out with the money  side  of things?
The players had contracts so all monies were paid in full,now if payments were late maybe that's why they weren't happy,so because of the bad winter we had last season probably no money was coming in,fundraisers were done to enhance the income but if people don't support them there is not a lot the club can do,so maybe a wee bit of come and go from the players to help alleviate the situation would've helped,instead of putting the club under pressure to pay their wages
Now tis is only my opinion

15 minutes ago, larky9 said:

The players had contracts so all monies were paid in full,now if payments were late maybe that's why they weren't happy,so because of the bad winter we had last season probably no money was coming in,fundraisers were done to enhance the income but if people don't support them there is not a lot the club can do,so maybe a wee bit of come and go from the players to help alleviate the situation would've helped,instead of putting the club under pressure to pay their wages
Now tis is only my opinion

abit  of spin there mate , any of the thistle  players that were there last year  weren't  paid  for months, and when they rightly  asked about  there wages  were met with the attitude  if you don't  like it go . other clubs wer struggling  as well but didn't  treat there players in that fashion. big sinky  wasn't getting paid  either  and the players  only hung about  because  he's a very decent  guy  and  the players  didnt  want  to let him down/ Is it any wonder  the full team left , afraid  some  at  the the thistle  dont  want to take any responsibility  for this  mess they have caused,  and just  want to bury there heads  in the sand  , I feel really  sorry for the  new manager  what chance has he got  with the club been run in this way

abit  of spin there mate , any of the thistle  players that were there last year  weren't  paid  for months, and when they rightly  asked about  there wages  were met with the attitude  if you don't  like it go . other clubs wer struggling  as well but didn't  treat there players in that fashion. big sinky  wasn't getting paid  either  and the players  only hung about  because  he's a very decent  guy  and  the players  didnt  want  to let him down/ Is it any wonder  the full team left , afraid  some  at  the the thistle  dont  want to take any responsibility  for this  mess they have caused,  and just  want to bury there heads  in the sand  , I feel really  sorry for the  new manager  what chance has he got  with the club been run in this way
Not going to disagree with that,on your last point Derek knew at interview what he was getting into