Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
BigJasper

Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

Recommended Posts

Available this week, get yours in time for Whitletts Vics game 
 
A9E43B73-1856-4A5C-88AA-639E9662BFF3.thumb.jpeg.98be820fa6977e8cf096cad07b1a3891.jpeg
I take no pleasure in any team taking a leathering each week (unless it's Darvel am kidding) all our team's have been through spells like this down the years, and yes we can laugh n joke about it , but it's a sore one when it"s your own team taking the pumping's , i hope they get some old heads in an steady the ship a bit , unfortunatley money is the key at any level now ! Wonder if sinky knew this was coming an bailed ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It’s no nice seeing larky getting heavy defeats week in week out and hopefully they can recover from this 
We will legend but it will take a while,onwards and upwards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I hope for the old veterans on the larkhall committee, the club can get back to something of its former self soon! As the guys give everything they can!
They certainly do,cheers for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Must be the boots the team are wearing. Slowest youth players in Scotland.
A wee bit unfair I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, larkyforever said:

Its a nightmare.

The club unparalled in the Junior game for producing great players and all the other achievements in a 140 year history is in a crisis

I certainly don't disagree here, the level of players that Larkhall have signed so far is abysmal. Some players weren't even getting a game for amateur teams. I just don't understand how they can justify signing players of this level for a junior club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Albert can go out and get decent players on a small budget I can’t see any reason why Larkhall can’t do the same, Jamie has done a fantastic job there on a shoestring. larkhall management have to do the same if there’s no money available. I hope they can turn it around but it’ll be a big ask now with the season up and running and players already signed up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's one thing bemoaning the fate of the club and saying it's embarrassing, but what are the options? There's no money, the committee have worked wonders raising funds from local businesses in previous seasons but the money raised has gone on players. The other way ie the no money option is to offer players a platform to play in the juniors and get them from the amateurs but even that is hard because the good ones get picked up by better junior teams or get paid as amateurs.

So what would you actually do about sorting out the club?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The real Dembele said:

It's one thing bemoaning the fate of the club and saying it's embarrassing, but what are the options? There's no money, the committee have worked wonders raising funds from local businesses in previous seasons but the money raised has gone on players. The other way ie the no money option is to offer players a platform to play in the juniors and get them from the amateurs but even that is hard because the good ones get picked up by better junior teams or get paid as amateurs.

So what would you actually do about sorting out the club?

 

I think the club that is their arch nemesis is a good example for Larkhall. I’m sure others on the forum may have more insight but looking at it from outside St Rochs have flourished since they have been more involved in the local community. This has attracted more sponsorship and helped pump money into the club. They have also got a younger demographic in their committe than most junior clubs and their presence on social media has attracted a younger element to their matches. There is no one solution and it will take lots of small changes if Larkhall are to move forward again. I hope they do as to many teams have went by the wayside over the years leaving the grade poorer for their demise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

I think the club that is their arch nemesis is a good example for Larkhall. I’m sure others on the forum may have more insight but looking at it from outside St Rochs have flourished since they have been more involved in the local community. This has attracted more sponsorship and helped pump money into the club. They have also got a younger demographic in their committe than most junior clubs and their presence on social media has attracted a younger element to their matches. There is no one solution and it will take lots of small changes if Larkhall are to move forward again. I hope they do as to many teams have went by the wayside over the years leaving the grade poorer for their demise. 

I just dont know Viewparker.  Were in unchartered waters now, never have the Jags been in such a state.  Always in the past when playing St Rochs victory was expected. Weve had ups and downs like every other club but over the course of 140 years have contributed a lot to the junior game.  Nothing compares to this. We lost a whole squad-why?  What was the plan?  What assurances were given on either side? 

What is the plan now?  Suffer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine that the Candy are the last people you would want to learn from and I was just trying to provide some solutions for the predicament you find yourselves in but I would hope you are open to any ideas. You are too  important a club to go under and I hope you guys find a way past your troubles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, larky9 said:
4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:
It’s no nice seeing larky getting heavy defeats week in week out and hopefully they can recover from this 

We will legend but it will take a while,onwards and upwards

Before " onwards and upwards " stabilisation needs to occur. This cant go on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would imagine that the Candy are the last people you would want to learn from and I was just trying to provide some solutions for the predicament you find yourselves in but I would hope you are open to any ideas. You are too  important a club to go under and I hope you guys find a way past your troubles. 

Why not learn from us ? Why not speak privately to guys like myself and ask for advice ? A few clubs that I won't mention have spoken to us about getting there merchandise off the ground and we have been happy to help or share our ideas with as a flourishing junior game is to the benefit of everyone. I have no idea what's going on at Larkhall nor is it my business to know but one small aspect I have noticed which is for me critical in this modern age is there lack of presence on social media and this is something which should be addressed straight away .

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is one thing I would say about larkhall the committee are stuck a bit in the dark ages when it comes to bring new things to club.. the only reason this hasn’t happened sooner at larkhall is because the players who were there over the last 5/6 years were playing for Sinky and tam not the club it was Sinky and tam that kept the team moving forward and kept the boys together hence when they moved on nobody else wanted to stay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

I would imagine that the Candy are the last people you would want to learn from and I was just trying to provide some solutions for the predicament you find yourselves in but I would hope you are open to any ideas. You are too  important a club to go under and I hope you guys find a way past your troubles. 

Thanks, much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Why not learn from us ? Why not speak privately to guys like myself and ask for advice ? A few clubs that I won't mention have spoken to us about getting there merchandise off the ground and we have been happy to help or share our ideas with as a flourishing junior game is to the benefit of everyone. I have no idea what's going on at Larkhall nor is it my business to know but one small aspect I have noticed which is for me critical in this modern age is there lack of presence on social media and this is something which should be addressed straight away .

 

 

 

 

 

 

Like re-naming Gasworks the Jimmy McStay Stadium?   There is plenty of experience in the Larkhall committee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Like re-naming Gasworks the Jimmy McStay Stadium?   There is plenty of experience in the Larkhall committee
Clearly not or you would not or be in the state your in at moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, larkyforever said:

Like re-naming Gasworks the Jimmy McStay Stadium?   There is plenty of experience in the Larkhall committee

I don’t doubt that and you can just throw that away but you probably need some new blood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Viewparker said:

I don’t doubt that and you can just throw that away but you probably need some new blood. 

Yes, I agree.  The collapse is dramatic and happened overnight.

Why is the question? Why did a whole squad vanish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, I agree.  The collapse is dramatic and happened overnight.
Why is the question? Why did a whole squad vanish?

I think the main reason for the squad leaving was due to Sinky leaving.

They were obviously loyal to Sinky and didn’t want to stay at the club without him, which is there choice.

Larkhall aren’t the first club where squads have had to be rebuilt but how the club recover and deal with this is the most important thing.

An earlier post mentioned the club folding/ending, that’s just crazy talk. The club may well go down the leagues but there will still be a club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×