Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

Had to go back to Page 9 to find this thread, kind of sums up how the season has gone.

A terrible result on the last day of the season on paper but with some mitigating circumstances. On the face of it an 8-1 home defeat to the fourth bottom team is a shocker and there's no doubt Craigmark were the better team on the day and worthy of a 2 or 3 goal win even with all things being equal.

But... we had no keeper for three quarters of the game and played the whole second half with our defensive midfielder unable to run, quickly followed by the left back ending up similarly incapacitated after a coming together as they say. With no subs to bring on it was only going to go one way. No help from the referee either with two penalties against us although the second was pretty clear cut.

So onwards and downwards to the first division next year with some tasty looking ties in prospect against all our nearest and dearest. Savings on travel and potentially bigger crowds should soften the blow a bit along with what must surely be an improved showing in the table. I've seen a few of the teams in the league this season and the standard isn't bad so I'm not predicting a quick return for us, if we get top half I think we'll be doing well.

Slightly worried for the Thistle next year thought we had turned it round when we started picking up points but since then it’s been a return to some pretty terrible results and performances. 

Firstly i’m not against the manager but we only lost 1-0 to Craigmark at their ground at Christmas now 8-1 at home. Must say I think they are getting off lightly because of the keepers injury. The midfielder was injured in the first half yet wasn’t substituted whilst using our two remaining subs at halftime. We then picked up another injury again early in the second half with no subs. That’s self inflicted by poor game management.

I suppose impulsive subs like that suggest the manager was not too happy with the players and the game was already out of sight by halftime. Would expect a big squad turn over though which may be needed purely to lift morale.

On a positive note Larkhall in the scheme of things will be one of the bigger clubs in the division next year so with the right recruitment we could easily be challenging but will be more than happy just to see us pick up some more wins. Hopefully we get back to winning ways and get the crowds back. Some big local derbies for us next season and I especially can’t wait for the Albert to come calling.