Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
BigJasper

Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

Recommended Posts

On 5 July 2018 at 17:32, TheDaftGoalie said:

Would say they will probably be in bottom half of table 

Posted TDG 5 weeks ago. Nothing at the back which gives the opposition 2 goals of a start. First law of football get your defence sorted out. Worse case scenario then becomes 0-0. Hopefully the management are hunting for defenders right now. If not then it's 150/200 goals against by the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the new management where appointed they must’ve been given false promises or gave false promises, a full new squad was required and filling it with under 19’s in this league was only going to lead to one thing!

It’ll be a long and hard season for those young boys and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them totally lost heart and went back to playing under 21/19’s to enjoy there football again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LT1878 said:

When the new management where appointed they must’ve been given false promises or gave false promises, a full new squad was required and filling it with under 19’s in this league was only going to lead to one thing!

It’ll be a long and hard season for those young boys and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them totally lost heart and went back to playing under 21/19’s to enjoy there football again

Do or die next Saturday v the Roch. A loss at this point in what is now an early doors relegation battle would glue Larky to the bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Posted TDG 5 weeks ago. Nothing at the back which gives the opposition 2 goals of a start. First law of football get your defence sorted out. Worse case scenario then becomes 0-0. Hopefully the management are hunting for defenders right now. If not then it's 150/200 goals against by the end of the season.

!03 goals scored in our division already, that's 4 and a bit per game, the highest average in any of the four divisions. You have conceded 20 in three games so if you were to continue like that you could be correct, but I don't think so. Not even Fort William have conceded that many in a season. It may not be looking too good at the moment but things can change pretty quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, garrellburn said:

!03 goals scored in our division already, that's 4 and a bit per game, the highest average in any of the four divisions. You have conceded 20 in three games so if you were to continue like that you could be correct, but I don't think so. Not even Fort William have conceded that many in a season. It may not be looking too good at the moment but things can change pretty quickly.

Piss off you patronising twat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
When the new management where appointed they must’ve been given false promises or gave false promises, a full new squad was required and filling it with under 19’s in this league was only going to lead to one thing!

It’ll be a long and hard season for those young boys and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them totally lost heart and went back to playing under 21/19’s to enjoy there football again
The new management knew what the budget was at the interview and also knew they needed a new team,so it's down to them to recruit the players they want,why experienced players are not in only the management can explain,but we will support the team through thick and thin
C'mon the Jags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Piss off you patronising twat.

I dont think Garrellburn meant to be patronising, its true things can change - with action to make them change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/08/2018 at 16:44, LT1878 said:

When the new management where appointed they must’ve been given false promises or gave false promises, a full new squad was required and filling it with under 19’s in this league was only going to lead to one thing!

It’ll be a long and hard season for those young boys and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them totally lost heart and went back to playing under 21/19’s to enjoy there football again

Totally correct.  This situation needs arresting now, not weeks or months away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:28, BigJasper said:

And to you, we are far from the finished article but we’ll get there.

Looking forward to our trip to the seaside later in the season.

Could  you get there a bit quicker, you're playing like a pub team at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big jasper is very quiet on here recently is this because Larkhall are getting pumped every week? Was going on at larkhall is embarrassing... they will get relegated until they are in the bottom league... and the oldest junior club will soon be out the game all together I fear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big jasper is very quiet on here recently is this because Larkhall are getting pumped every week? Was going on at larkhall is embarrassing... they will get relegated until they are in the bottom league... and the oldest junior club will soon be out the game all together I fear
Your right it is embarrassing,but we will keep going and relegation might not be a bad thing,but our club will never die
Good too see big Sinky doing well at Arthurliehr is a great big guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, larky9 said:

Your right it is embarrassing,but we will keep going and relegation might not be a bad thing,but our club will never die
Good too see big Sinky doing well at Arthurliehr is a great big guy

Of course its a bad thing, how  could it not be?  How would we get back?   How can these youngsters cope with this? So unfair to them,  best wishes to Sinky, but hes history now  and our own- glorious - history is of no benefit to us just now.

Just now we are in a crisis the like of which we have never seen before. More league goals lost before the end of August than we have sometimes lost in a whole season.

Record league defeat at St Rochs, of all places- a team , I think, who have beaten us 3 times in 60 years including yesterday, whilst we must have at least 20 victories over them in that time.

Crisis needs action before things worsen, I never thought we would EVER become a laughing stock and whipping boys. ( no criticism of the youngsters )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gogsy said:

Could  you get there a bit quicker, you're playing like a pub team at the moment.

Results indicate that, but no blame attaches to the youngsters literally thrown into the deep end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigjeffery said:

Big jasper is very quiet on here recently is this because Larkhall are getting pumped every week? Was going on at larkhall is embarrassing... they will get relegated until they are in the bottom league... and the oldest junior club will soon be out the game all together I fear

Its a nightmare.

The club unparalled in the Junior game for producing great players and all the other achievements in a 140 year history is in a crisis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope for the old veterans on the larkhall committee, the club can get back to something of its former self soon! As the guys give everything they can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gogsy said:

Could  you get there a bit quicker, you're playing like a pub team at the moment.

Aye, a pub team that kicks off at shutting time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×