Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

Why do people at larkhall always go on about the past? On how they are the oldest club and what they have done years and years ago what is in the past means nothing now! It’s the very people who keep going on about it that are pulling the club down time for the old thinking members at larkhall move on and get a new way of thinking at the club by the looks of it

larky9, to help Jags to be a bit more competitive you have been given the power to pick 4 Thistle players from the past, & any 4 players playing in today’s game. Talbot players are unavailable. What would your selections be ?
Here we go
The 4 thistle players would be
Goalkeeper think his name is Chris Fahey played in goal when when we beat Beith 1-0 in the 5th round of the Scottish down there
Left back would be Alan Sneddon,well I think he played left back
Next would be Jim Dempsey playing just in front of the centre halves,to give them protection
Then Alistair Duff up top who would give you 30/40 a season and Big Gracie playing alongside him
As for the other 3 I don't watch other teams

1 hour ago, larky9 said:

Here we go
Goalkeeper think his name is Chris Fahey played in goal when when we beat Beith 1-0 in the 5th round of the Scottish down there
Next would be Jim Dempsey playing just in front of the centre halves,to give them protection
Then Alistair Duff up top who would give you 30/40 a season and Big Gracie playing alongside him

Hope you never get the gaffers job l9.

2 hours ago, Bigjeffery said:

Why do people at larkhall always go on about the past? On how they are the oldest club and what they have done years and years ago what is in the past means nothing now! It’s the very people who keep going on about it that are pulling the club down time for the old thinking members at larkhall move on and get a new way of thinking at the club by the looks of it

Agree about leaviing the past behind and concentrating on the here and now, but to say the old thinking members should move on is ridiculous. The club needs volunteers on the committee to survive and no matter what their points of view are and whether anybody agrees with them, if it wasn't for the committee and their hard work there wouldn't be a club.

The above applies to nearly all junior clubs by the way.

2 hours ago, larky9 said:

Here we go

Tommy Burns would be the keeper hands down, followed by Big Mo, both were Scottish Junior Internationals

Alan Sneddon was a right-back.

Peter Allan would be the best defender by a country mile.

Alastair Duff as striker, but people seem to forget the stupid criticism he got, with Peter Boyle- an Australia International ( passed away down under 3 years ago )

Tommy Burns would be the keeper hands down, followed by Big Mo, both were Scottish Junior Internationals
Alan Sneddon was a right-back.
Peter Allan would be the best defender by a country mile.
Alastair Duff as striker, but people seem to forget the stupid criticism he got, with Peter Boyle- an Australia International ( passed away down under 3 years ago )
Can't remember Mo playing for us,but I remember Tommy he was a good keeper
Peter Allan don't remember him either,as I'm too young
But we have had a lot of good players playing at Larkhall in recent years

You never know,I might even do better than Derek [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

ALEX MORRISON - Best goalie to have played for the club, so he said. Sir Alex took him to St Mirren.

ALAN SNEDDON - Was MOM playing for Celtic against Real Madrid not long after he left Gaswork Park.

KEVIN McDONALD - Beith.  Great defender, good pace & positional sense.

JOHN CHALMERS - Left Gaswork Park far too early, same type of player as Kevin, but capable of scoring goals.

DANNY MACKENZIE - Pollok left back, really good defender who gets up the park & delivers good crosses.

Midfield

DARREN CHRISTIE - Beith extremely talented & hard working right midfielder who scores important goals.

MARTIN MULHEARN - Magnificent footballer, capable of leading any Junior team who has ever played.

DEL ESPLIN - Rutherglen Glencairn midfielder playes the game with his head up, classy player with a bit of steel about him.

JOHN SANNIGHAN - Thistle midfielder,footballing God. 

Strikers

IAN PURDIE  - Thistle brought him over from Bonkle, think he only played a few games, but he was the most explosive striker ever. Moved on to Aberdeen.

SCOTT ANSON - Pollok striker, top quality hit man, would score a barrow load in that team.

Team would warm up to Scottish Dance music, with The Bluebell Polka, by Jimmy  Shand introducing bot teams into the pitch. 

Edited by Larky55

25 minutes ago, Larky55 said:

ALEX MORRISON - Best goalie to have played for the club, so he said. Sir Alex took him to St Mirren.

ALAN SNEDDON - Was MOM playing for Celtic not long after he left Gaswork Park.

KEVIN McDONALD - Beith.  Great defender, good pace & positional sense.

JOHN CHALMERS - Left Gaswork Park far too early, same type of player as Kevin, but capable of scoring goals.

DANNY MACKENZIE - Pollok left back, really good defender who gets up the park & delivers good crosses.

Midfield

DARREN CHRISTIE - Beith extremely talented & hard working right midfielder who scores important goals.

MARTIN MULHEARN - Magnificent footballer, capable of leading any Junior team who has ever played.

DEL ESPLIN - Rutherglen Glencairn midfielder playes the game with his head up, classy player with a bit of steel about him.

JOHN SANNIGHAN - Thistle midfielder,footballing God. 

Strikers

IAN PURDIE  - Thistle brought him over from Bonkle, think he only played a few games, but he was the most explosive striker ever. Moved on to Aberdeen.

SCOTT ANSON - Pollok striker, top quality hit man, would score a barrow load in that team.

Team would warm up to Scottish Dance music, with The Bluebell Polka, by Jimmy  Shand introducing bot teams into the pitch. 

Christ I forgot about Purdie, his left foot was a cannon. Revered at Aberdeen

I also remember Les Hutchinson as keeper playing a binder in a 1-0 Cup win at Cumnock- weve got there with better teams and lost.

Quickest hat-trick------------ Peter Boyle, 7 mins against Cumnock also, 2-0 down with 10 mins to go in the Dryborough semi-final  at Yoker, won 3-2

Christ I forgot about Purdie, his left foot was a cannon. Revered at Aberdeen
I also remember Les Hutchinson as keeper playing a binder in a 1-0 Cup win at Cumnock- weve got there with better teams and lost.
Quickest hat-trick------------ Peter Boyle, 7 mins against Cumnock also, 2-0 down with 10 mins to go in the Dryborough semi-final  at Yoker, won 3-2

Edited my post to say Alan Sneddon was MOM against Real Madrid.

18 minutes ago, Larky55 said:

Indeed. Set up 2 goals.

Not long before he had scored 2 v Linlithgow Rose in a 2-0 home Dryborough win.

Big step down playing for Celtic tho after playing for the Jags..........................

Edited my post to say Alan Sneddon was MOM against Real Madrid.

57 minutes ago, larky9 said:

Gary was a good footballer,with a good football brain,however imo he chucked it too easy especially when things weren't going to plan

Top player, but Shotts & Kilsyth got the best of him.

However, there are more prominent candidates for midfield