Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

Let me get this right - the manager is absent for the game against mid-tabled Neilston which you narrowly loss and show signs of an improved performance.

Next games back in charge, against Irvine Vics you lose 5-2 and then the good people of Kello Rovers stroll into Gasworks and leave with you officially the worst team in the west region. 

ps Happy belated 66th birthday Larkyforever.

7 hours ago, Certain Individual said:

Let me get this right - the manager is absent for the game against mid-tabled Neilston which you narrowly loss and show signs of an improved performance.

Next games back in charge, against Irvine Vics you lose 5-2 and then the good people of Kello Rovers stroll into Gasworks and leave with you officially the worst team in the west region. 

Thanks for the message, but it wasnt my birthday recently, but the birthday of our President.

On 04/11/2018 at 12:39, Certain Individual said:

Ditto this week; until today, Muirkirk had never beaten Larkhall, ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Interested to see on our website the article about Alastair Duff. By far the best natural finisher seen in living memory wearing the Red & White stripes with a venomous shot / highly accurate shooting. I recall, though, criticism as he couldnt tackle. My memory differs from the report ,though, as I always believed Alan Duff scored first at Linlithgow, not Alastair, a prod from just inside the box. Two second -half goals from Alastair saw us through. Maybe Im wrong.

In my lifetime we have played the Rose 3 times, and won them all ( Lanark & Lothians, Scottish Cup  1976-77, Dryborough Cup (( 2-0, Alan Sneddon scoring ))- how times have changed. Hoping the 140- year centenary against Dukla Pumpherston will help to spark the Club back to its former glory.  Readers should look at our Facebook to see the legends of the past and the calibre of player produced. Its going to be emotional.

Edited by larkyforever

1 hour ago, larkyforever said:

Interested to see on our website the article about Alastair Duff. By far the best natural finisher seen in living memory wearing the Red & White stripes with a venomous shout / highly accurate shooting. I recall, though, criticism as he couldnt tackle. My memory differs from the report ,though, as I always believed Alan Duff scored first at Linlithgow, not Alastair, a prod from just inside the box. Two second -half goals from Alastair saw us through. Maybe Im wrong.

In my lifetime we have played the Rose 3 times, and won them all ( Lanark & Lothians, Scottish Cup  1976-77, Dryborough Cup (( 2-0, Alan Sneddon scoring ))- how times have changed. Hoping the 140- year centenary against Dukla Pumpherston will help to spark the Club back to its former glory.  Readers should look at our Facebook to see the legends of the past and the calibre of player produced. Its going to be emotional.

Much as I would like to see Thistle's fortunes improve this season,I'm struggling to see how a bounce game between some former players and a team captained by Chick Young will provide any sort of motivational spark for the current side,Larky.

What's your thinking here bud?   :huh:

39 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

Much as I would like to see Thistle's fortunes improve this season,I'm struggling to see how a bounce game between some former players and a team captained by Chick Young will provide any sort of motivational spark for the current side,Larky.

What's your thinking here bud?   :huh:

Somewhere between wishful thinking and a hope that it will revive interest & support having sparked a few memories locally.

1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

It’s all about religion with you guys down there. Lol

Heh heh.

One from Rutherglen might be more accurate.  I remember Alan once trying to chip the Ladeside keeper ( At Kilbirnie ) from inside our half ( keeper miles out of his box )- ball landed in an ice-cream van outside the ground. I cannot attribute a religious connotation to this attempt.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:19, Larky55 said:

Larkyforever,

Alistair Duff or Graham Gracie, who is best.In your opinion ?

Alastair Duff, followed by Peter Boyle, followed by John Mullholland, followed by Graham Gracie----------as strikers

Peter Allan followed by Ecky Alexander as defenders.

Big Mo for keeper, followed by Tommy Burns .

Martin Mulhearn followed by Gerry Hamilton as midfielders.

Pat Barkey followed by Johnny Sanaghan as wide players.

John Chalmers could play anywhere

George Dickson and Jim Dempsey as enforcers

Alan Sneddon followed by Tam Sutherland as full backs