Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

13 hours ago, larkyforever said:

Ill take the guys fishing, and keep away from Nurse Ratched.

Every Saturday now is heavy " Medication Time"

Sounds like a plan,bud; she's 84 now but still looks like she could throw a left hook.:huh:

Related image

Anyhoo,you get the heid up and don't forget that a journey of a thousand miles ( or 500 if you're a Proclaimers fan :) ) begins with a single step. Thistle will rebuilld and come back stronger next season,and in the meantime jimbo baxter and I will both tip the Rochs to win on their next visit to the Gasworks so you won't have any worries on that score.  :lol:

Sounds like a plan,bud; she's 84 now but still looks like she could throw a left hook.:huh:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQW_LiMWlKaNZAY84c4Uz9rMHUxWW32xmiCWLX-guhJDHTSihAGYQ&key=43e5ac87f6e18053cf97315e7bfeaaf3780ac602d52f1ed9e726c90aac938dec
Anyhoo,you get the heid up and don't forget that a journey of a thousand miles ( or 500 if you're a Proclaimers fan [emoji4] ) begins with a single step. Thistle will rebuilld and come back stronger next season,and in the meantime jimbo baxter and I will both tip the Rochs to win on their next visit to the Gasworks so you won't have any worries on that score.  [emoji38]

As a Roch fan that's the one game that worries me .
The easiest thing is to say comfortable candy win but I'm reliably informed that we have never won at the Gasworks and I sure regardless of what's gone on and previous results the Larkhall boys will play this like a cup final and if we turn up expecting to win then we might end up with egg on our face.
Anyway looking forward to my visit in a fortnight I expect it will be packed and be a smashing game .
Just hope one of you lads on here send me over a cuppa tea and a bridie lol [emoji106]

The easiest thing is to say comfortable candy win but I'm reliably informed that we have never won at the Gasworks and I sure regardless of what's gone on and previous results the Larkhall boys will play this like a cup final and if we turn up expecting to win then we might end up with egg on our face.
Anyway looking forward to my visit in a fortnight I expect it will be packed and be a smashing game .
Just hope one of you lads on here send me over a cuppa tea and a bridie lol [emoji106]
As much as it pains me to say this,I think this will be the day you guys have your first win in Larkhall,a wee pie and a cuppa will be sent over to you courtesy of myself

As much as it pains me to say this,I think this will be the day you guys have your first win in Larkhall,a wee pie and a cuppa will be sent over to you courtesy of myself
Ah good man larky9 thanks as I do like a wee tea while watching the game.
I honestly hope you don't go the entire season without a win as the players who train all week and turn up to play along with the fans who go to watch them every Saturday and the guys who work tirelessly behind the scenes don't deserve that.
I just hope that win does not come against us but football like life is never as straight forward as it seems and the old form book is sitting waiting to be thrown right out the windae lol [emoji106]

5 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Related image

Anyhoo,you get the heid up and don't forget that a journey of a thousand miles ( or 500 if you're a Proclaimers fan :) ) begins with a single step. Thistle will rebuilld and come back stronger next season,and in the meantime jimbo baxter and I will both tip the Rochs to win on their next visit to the Gasworks so you won't have any worries on that score.  :lol:

All sorts of ignominious records have been broken, a first-ever win for St Rochs on our treasured turf might as well be added to the list.

3 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Just hope one of you lads on here send me over a cuppa tea and a bridie lol emoji106.png

As things stand you need not worry.

Every St Rochs team in the past , EVERY one, has lost at Larkhall, so I understand your worry.

However, youre welcome and our hospitality does not mirror the towns ill-deserved image, most of it myth.  You can call it the Jimmy McStay Stadiium  for one day if you like, or the John Clark Park. Only for one day, mind. Putting players to Celtic? You lot are amateurs on that score....

As things stand you need not worry.
Every St Rochs team in the past , EVERY one, has lost at Larkhall, so I understand your worry.
However, youre welcome and our hospitality does not mirror the towns ill-deserved image, most of it myth.  You can call it the Jimmy McStay Stadiium  for one day if you like, or the John Clark Park. Only for one day, mind. Putting players to Celtic? You lot are amateurs on that score....
Haha that will confuse our lads if I put up Larkhall v St Rochs at Jimmy McStay Stadium .
You can't control the folk that appear on the day but at least we will be talking football and that's a start [emoji106]

7 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Related image

Im definitely not having that electric heidbuzzing she dished out to McMurphy

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:10, tommyboy said:

Related image

Im settling in, getting medication and being shown league tables 

rednblack.jpg

11 hours ago, Benny Factor said:

Hope they take all forms of media off you, as your constant ridiculing of the team you allegedly support is becoming tiresome. Bet you don't even go to their games.

Go ahead and report me if you feel that way.

I was responding to some humourous content from Tommyboy to try to make light of a very bad situation. If that is what you are taking from my posts, you really are not interpreting them properly. You are wrong on all counts.

2 hours ago, larkyforever said:

Go ahead and report me if you feel that way.

I was responding to some humourous content from Tommyboy to try to make light of a very bad situation. If that is what you are taking from my posts, you really are not interpreting them properly. You are wrong on all counts.

Report you to who ?  You are entitled to say what you want and when you want. 

As I said "bet you don't even go to the games".   

On 30/01/2019 at 14:16, griffiti on the wall said:

Just hope one of you lads on here send me over a cuppa tea and a bridie lol emoji106.png

It won't be packed mate, the plight of the Thistle this season and the fact it's a league game will keep the home crowd down. Maybe a few more than normal but nowhere near packed.

The best we can hope for is that the weather keeps up and we get a postponement, things might be happening behind the scenes and who knows we might get some players in, a rescheduled midweek game for the light nights with us having picked up a few points before it would probably see a much bigger crowd.

Encouraged by our new signing, a French lad. Our last European, David Garcia, was a stand-out. Seems to have a bit of pedigree.
( Obviously grew in up France desperate to play for the Jags, and had a Jags top )
No Brexit in Larkie

How is the lad settling in?