Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

16 hours ago, larkyforever said:

Come back when you have achieved 10% of what the Larkie Jags have in our long history.

I wont live that long.....

Have faith, just look where Hurlford were a few years ago, down , but not quite out. They have risen from the nearly dead to the top.

1 minute ago, garrellburn said:

Have faith, just look where Hurlford were a few years ago, down , but not quite out. They have risen from the nearly dead to the top.

Extenuating circumstances there though, no? Resurrection but with a question mark.

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Extenuating circumstances there though, no? Resurrection but with a question mark.

resurrection put off till Easter but A decent performance till halftime then a total collapse. Liked your No 3, Brunton,  posed a few problems for us early and made your goal. Keep your heads up, things will improve.

6 hours ago, gogsy said:

Happy New Year folks :lol:

What's your problem with Larkhall Thistle, you haven't got a team listed do you just go round trying to wind other supporters up? With a name like that it doesn't even sound like you're from the region it's an east coast name in my experience.

4 hours ago, garrellburn said:

resurrection put off till Easter but A decent performance till halftime then a total collapse. Liked your No 3, Brunton,  posed a few problems for us early and made your goal. Keep your heads up, things will improve.

Michael has ability but needs to learn when to pass the ball or lump it up the park, for example when he's in his own box surrounded by three defenders don't try and dribble past them all.

Today was embarrassing at times, worst of the season. They've always competed and tried hard till the end but today some of them looked like they had chucked it.

Felt a bit for larky today , they started well today an scored a belter off a goal , we equalized then should have had a stonewall penalty , larky broke and should have made it 2-1 , we missed a good few chances before half time but i thought larky fought hard enough to be on level terms at half time .
2nd half was a different story took over and scored 8 goals , could have been more , i disagree with u saying some players chucked it , i thought they fought till the end and played some nice football at times , but the problem obviously is when u lose a few goals the heads go down , keep at it , we've all been there at one time , it's painful at the moment but better times will come back to Larkhall thistle i'm sure off that .

7 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Felt a bit for larky today , they started well today an scored a belter off a goal , we equalized then should have had a stonewall penalty , larky broke and should have made it 2-1 , we missed a good few chances before half time but i thought larky fought hard enough to be on level terms at half time .
2nd half was a different story took over and scored 8 goals , could have been more , i disagree with u saying some players chucked it , i thought they fought till the end and played some nice football at times , but the problem obviously is when u lose a few goals the heads go down , keep at it , we've all been there at one time , it's painful at the moment but better times will come back to Larkhall thistle i'm sure off that .

I don't mean they stopped trying but mentally they seemed to have gone and knew they were beaten.

I had a wee read at the match report from Larkhall Thistle website to see what happened today. 

" late pre matchset -backs" and " The players heads went down after the second goal but there was nobody to pick them up and get them going again either on or off the field "

Alongside some of the comments I`m reading here about the game today would seem to back this up.

Whats going on? Where was the coaching staff after this second goal? Were they there today or was that what the pre-match setback was? 

9 hours ago, The real Dembele said:

What's your problem with Larkhall Thistle, you haven't got a team listed do you just go round trying to wind other supporters up? With a name like that it doesn't even sound like you're from the region it's an east coast name in my experience.

I believe he is from an unchartered part of Fife and supports a team that I have canned food older than.

20 hours ago, garrellburn said:

You've misunderstood me bud.

It was directed entirely at our friend from the wilderness.

Thanks for the kind comment though, but after yesterday I just don't know. Recent results and performances had showed a great improvement.

Who would have thought that this could happen to US?

20 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I remember seeing Royal Albert crush the Talbot , I think ( maybe someone here will check this ) 13-0,  ( long time ago ), so maybe there is hope for our resurrection.

I also remember travelling through to Auchinleck  for a West tie many moons ago which was abandoned due to failing light at 3-3  , with the Jags awarded a penalty which couldn't be taken . 

( For some reason, the game started late ).  Talbot won 3-1 on the return , which shocked us, but that was part of the rise of Talbot into the machine we know today.

1 minute ago, larkyforever said:

I remember seeing Royal Albert crush the Talbot , I think ( maybe someone here will check this ) 13-0,  ( long time ago ), so maybe there is hope for our resurrection.

I also remember travelling through to Auchinleck  for a West tie many moons ago which was abandoned due to failing light at 3-3  , with the Jags awarded a penalty which couldn't be taken . 

( For some reason, the game started late ).  Talbot won 3-1 on the return , which shocked us, but that was part of the rise of Talbot into the machine we know today.

Exactly mate. Bit before my time but apparently Talbot went through the wringer too. Don't know what it's like your neck of the woods but getting the community involved is the key. 

I hate to see clubs struggling. Hope you persevere and see your way through it.

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Exactly mate. Bit before my time but apparently Talbot went through the wringer too. Don't know what it's like your neck of the woods but getting the community involved is the key. 

I hate to see clubs struggling. Hope you persevere and see your way through it.

Thank you.

I know its possible,  just so bloody hard to get through.

I am old enough to remember us beating Glenafton  10-0 in a West tie, the Stonehouse Violet 14-2 the next week,  I must add at this point that the Violet keeper was a lifetime Jags supporter who sadly passed away recently, ending a horrible year for us on and off the field.

I'm sure i read before he's a kelty hearts fan , so don't see why he's got a problem with Larkhall Thistle , maybe he'd care to explain ?

2 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:
17 hours ago, The real Dembele said:

I'm sure i read before he's a kelty hearts fan , so don't see why he's got a problem with Larkhall Thistle , maybe he'd care to explain ?

Jealousy maybe, or perhaps the Kelty webbed feet are sore at this time of year