Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

On 29/09/2018 at 21:44, larkyforever said:

So it goes on.

How long can this continue?

Sorry to have to break this to you LF but its going to be a while yet if last weeks Advertiser is anything to go by. 

“Holmes needs time……I had a blank canvas on which to start my preparing my plans – and I`m quite pleased with the way they`re coming along.” ( Hamilton Advertiser 20/9/18 )

So after 10 games -  zero wins & 69 goals conceded he`s “quite pleased”.

I`m glad somebody is!!!!

Even since the article, another 2 games - losing both 7-1.

Things are definitely on the up!

Edited by Certain Individual

8 minutes ago, Certain Individual said:

Sorry to have to break this to you LF but its going to be a while yet if last weeks Advertiser is anything to go by. 

“Holmes needs time……I had a blank canvas on which to start my preparing my plans – and I`m quite pleased with the way they`re coming along.” ( Hamilton Advertiser 20/9/18 )

So after 10 games -  zero wins & 69 goals conceded he`s “quite pleased”.

I`m glad somebody is!!!!

Even since the article, another 2 games - losing both 7-1.

Things are definitely on the up!

God help us

16 minutes ago, larkyforever said:

God help us

The viaduct looms ever closer, though I suppose a bungee jump might still draw the crowds bud....jist don't let your missus calculate the length of elastic needed.  :huh: 

Meantime it looks like another toughie this week as that sign in the Ayrshire skies a couple of weeks ago  seems to have kick started a Darvel revival.

Anyhoo, here's a wee song about another guy with a blank canvas to cheer you up...:(

1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

The viaduct looms ever closer, though I suppose a bungee jump might still draw the crowds bud....jist don't let your missus calculate the length of elastic needed.  :huh: 

Meantime it looks like another toughie this week as that sign in the Ayrshire skies a couple of weeks ago  seems to have kick started a Darvel revival.

Anyhoo, here's a wee song about another guy with a blank canvas to cheer you up...:(

THIS IS THE DECISION

THE ONLY WAY OUT.jpg

On 01/10/2018 at 19:26, Darvel legend said:

Wee request mate I hope you turn the corner soon but wait to after this Saturday please 

12/1 at home against Darvel. 

I sincerely hope Im wrong, but I dont think youve much to fear.  3 months now, see how things go tomorrow, clock ticking, need some light at the end of a long tunnel.

20 minutes ago, larkyforever said:

I sincerely hope Im wrong, but I dont think youve much to fear.  3 months now, see how things go tomorrow, clock ticking, need some light at the end of a long tunnel.

We’ve been there it’s no nice but keep the heads up and u will get there 

just wait to next week though ha 

we will take nothing for granted and we know we will have To work hard to get the 3 points 

2 hours ago, larkyforever said:

I saw two of your legends,Geordie Dixon and Gerry Hamilton up at Dalziel last week and it reminded me just how much things have changed at the Gasworks. What would you give for guys of their calibre today,Larky?

However,it is,as they say,what it is right now,so you grab your scarf and vuvuzela and get down and give the team your support tomorrow!

Oh,and always remember the cautionary quote by Confucius*...'Light at end of long tunnel can sometimes mean an oncoming train' :huh:

*It was either Confucius or Woody Allen.:)

Edited by tommyboy

6 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

I saw two of your legends,Geordie Dixon and Gerry Hamilton up at Dalziel last week and it reminded me just how much things have changed at the Gasworks. What would you give for guys of their calibre today,Larky?

However,it is,as they say,what it is right now,so you grab your scarf and vuvuzela and get down and give the team your support tomorrow!

Oh,and always remember the cautionary quote by Confucius*...'Light at end of long tunnel can sometimes mean an oncoming train' :huh:

* It was either Confucius or Woody Allen.:)

Gordon Strachan named George Dickson as the hardest player he had ever seen. Gerry was the best midfielder going at the time.

How the mighty have fallen, no disrespect to lads trying so hard just now,  

20 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Well done today , hopefully you can build on a brave performance. Darvel by and far the better team but the Larkhall lads put a good shift in.  Hope this is a turning point for you and you can start picking up points. 

I agree with that and best of luck to Larkhall but it should have been 7 or 8 

4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Just ignore the nob and he will go away someone said that was quite a witty post a wee while back now he thinks he’s Kevin fucking bridges 

You’d be best to ignore me because youre not witty enough to answer.

1 hour ago, larky9 said:
On 06/10/2018 at 17:45, iPhone said:
Were never going to win it, concentrate on the league now.
I see yous blew Larkhall away.

If they had their shootin boots on they would've,they missed a few chances

I don’t believe it mate, I’m sure yous would have been the better team.