Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

What's daft is certain people coming on to this thread with the one intention of bringing down one of the oldest clubs in the junior game in larkhall thistle .
They are having a hard time at the moment on the park and are taking a few beatings , all our clubs have had season's like there having "so far" this season.
We took an 8-1 leathering from Glencairn a few weeks ago , it can happen to any team .

Well said my friend

It's all a bit embarrassing that someone who previously must have had some connection with Larkhall has taken to berating them at a time when the club is struggling .
Show a bit of decorum and class instead of putting the boot in to your one time pals and colleagues.

Very true Graffiti

I think everyone  in junior football  can see it's a rebuilding job at larkhall..and a lot of top   junior clubs have went that way for a few years. Some never recover..it's really difficult  to attract  players to junior clubs now..as players  now are happy to play amatuer  n can make more money playing at that level. The standard in all football  has dropped  if I am honest..senior and junior...so if the larkhall  committee  are  happy with there management team.then people should nt. Come on and slaughter  them..as for committee s if it wasn't  for them most clubs would be out the game with the time n money these people  at all clubs put  in to help. Junior football  isn't gonny make any investors  money..they do it for the love of the game.......cheeers  Cotter..

I think everyone  in junior football  can see it's a rebuilding job at larkhall..and a lot of top   junior clubs have went that way for a few years. Some never recover..it's really difficult  to attract  players to junior clubs now..as players  now are happy to play amatuer  n can make more money playing at that level. The standard in all football  has dropped  if I am honest..senior and junior...so if the larkhall  committee  are  happy with there management team.then people should nt. Come on and slaughter  them..as for committee s if it wasn't  for them most clubs would be out the game with the time n money these people  at all clubs put  in to help. Junior football  isn't gonny make any investors  money..they do it for the love of the game.......cheeers  Cotter..
Good comment cotter, we will get there in the end

On 23/09/2018 at 12:48, kilsyth ranger said:

What's daft is certain people coming on to this thread with the one intention of bringing down one of the oldest clubs in the junior game in larkhall thistle .
They are having a hard time at the moment on the park and are taking a few beatings , all our clubs have had season's like there having "so far" this season.
We took an 8-1 leathering from Glencairn a few weeks ago , it can happen to any team .

Its happening to us EVERY WEEK, with no end in sight, despite the praise for "effort ".

BTW WE ARE the oldest team.

1 hour ago, larkyforever said:

Its happening to us EVERY WEEK, with no end in sight, despite the praise for "effort ".

Stay positive,  In the first fifteen league games last year Larkhall were sitting on 9 points from a possible 45 still an uphill task but not unachievable.  

2 hours ago, larkyforever said:

Every week it the same story. Believe me, there needs to be a change here. It’s just never going to happen with the current manager. 

That said, I’m hoping that you can get into the next round of the Scottish..... and get drawn  a home game against the candy!

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Certain Individual

12 minutes ago, Certain Individual said:

Every week it the same story. Believe me, there needs to be a change here. It’s just never going to happen with the current manager. 

That said, I’m hoping that you can get into the next round of the Scottish..... and get drawn  a home game against the candy!

:lol::lol::lol:

A first-ever win for St Rochs at the Gasworks and Id be jumping off the viaduct

1 hour ago, Benny Factor said:

Stay positive,  In the first fifteen league games last year Larkhall were sitting on 9 points from a possible 45 still an uphill task but not unachievable.  

Impossible to be remotely positive. Big difference from competing and losing by a goal to being hopelessly uncompetitive and getting hammered every week- with no end in sight.

Can't disagree with what your saying, and imo need around 3 experienced players to be able to compete with the lower half of the league. It is unfortunate that they are trying to build and bleed youngsters in a very competitive and sometimes unforgiven league but there's no doubt they will remain positive and continue to learn on a weekly basis. 

31 minutes ago, larkyforever said:

A first-ever win for St Rochs at the Gasworks and Id be jumping off the viaduct

If you really have the interests of the Thistle at heart then you'll announce the date of this event,organize a collection from the assembled crowd,and donate the cash to the football club. :)

2 hours ago, tommyboy said:

If you really have the interests of the Thistle at heart then you'll announce the date of this event,organize a collection from the assembled crowd,and donate the cash to the football club. :)

Ha Ha.  Wife would be first up to watch.

Then the Albert committee

Edited by larkyforever

On 24/09/2018 at 20:51, tommyboy said:

:lol:

Maybe Ill wake up and it was all a dream.  It worked for Bobby Ewing.

Or, I may have died without realising it and am in fact in purgatory.  100 years coming of getting thrashed every week

Edited by larkyforever

On 25/09/2018 at 19:52, larkyforever said:

Maybe Ill wake up and it was all a dream.  It worked for Bobby Ewing.

Tremendously saddened to hear of the passing of our ex-player Davy Booth.  If memory serves me correctly, I think we got him from Baillieston. Great player and a lovely guy.

On 24/09/2018 at 20:51, tommyboy said:

:lol:

Ill need to ensure my affairs are in order.

Another big dunt on Saturday. Cotter in a comment above said some clubs never recover- impossible to imagine such a fate happening to us, but this experience is way beyond anything weve ever experienced before and reminiscing about past glories and history isnt really cutting it. 

Hoped to have seen at least some light by now. How long?

40 minutes ago, larkyforever said:

Ill need to ensure my affairs are in order.

Another big dunt on Saturday. Cotter in a comment above said some clubs never recover- impossible to imagine such a fate happening to us, but this experience is way beyond anything weve ever experienced before and reminiscing about past glories and history isnt really cutting it. 

Hoped to have seen at least some light by now. How long?

Wee request mate I hope you turn the corner soon but wait to after this Saturday please