Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

3 hours ago, rabbie said:

abit  of spin there mate , any of the thistle  players that were there last year  weren't  paid  for months, and when they rightly  asked about  there wages  were met with the attitude  if you don't  like it go . other clubs wer struggling  as well but didn't  treat there players in that fashion. big sinky  wasn't getting paid  either  and the players  only hung about  because  he's a very decent  guy  and  the players  didnt  want  to let him down/ Is it any wonder  the full team left , afraid  some  at  the the thistle  dont  want to take any responsibility  for this  mess they have caused,  and just  want to bury there heads  in the sand  , I feel really  sorry for the  new manager  what chance has he got  with the club been run in this way

A reaistic answer to my question.  To lose a whole team, there HAS to be a really fundamental reason , rather than only playing for the manager, which , if true, is a totally damning admission of the situation in itself.

Some clarity from the Club would help

On 13/09/2018 at 16:33, larky9 said:
On 13/09/2018 at 16:27, rabbie said:
abit  of spin there mate , any of the thistle  players that were there last year  weren't  paid  for months, and when they rightly  asked about  there wages  were met with the attitude  if you don't  like it go . other clubs wer struggling  as well but didn't  treat there players in that fashion. big sinky  wasn't getting paid  either  and the players  only hung about  because  he's a very decent  guy  and  the players  didnt  want  to let him down/ Is it any wonder  the full team left , afraid  some  at  the the thistle  dont  want to take any responsibility  for this  mess they have caused,  and just  want to bury there heads  in the sand  , I feel really  sorry for the  new manager  what chance has he got  with the club been run in this way

Not going to disagree with that,on your last point Derek knew at interview what he was getting into

Conundrum here- is it true he belatedly tried to contact some of last seasons squad?   If the Club knew , why wasnt an experienced Junior manager whose immediate contacts could have steadied the ship appointed? Bobby Crilly for example wasnt everyones cup of tea, but we were a force then, regularly in finals and established in the top league.  Plenty candidates out there.

Larkhall Thistle used to be a " name ".  Tomorrow we play the Glens. Prior to this season, I can recall few , if any, clashes that were not settled by 1 goal margins either way. Now after the fixture we could have possibly lost 16 goals ( or more ) if we go down by another 7.

I am very uneasy,  this downward spiral is way beyond any Larkie experience, am I the only one who think this?  One of the greatest clubs is in ruins.

Conundrum here- is it true he belatedly tried to contact some of last seasons squad?   If the Club knew , why wasnt an experienced Junior manager whose immediate contacts could have steadied the ship appointed? Bobby Crilly for example wasnt everyones cup of tea, but we were a force then, regularly in finals and established in the top league.  Plenty candidates out there.
Larkhall Thistle used to be a " name ".  Tomorrow we play the Glens. Prior to this season, I can recall few , if any, clashes that were not settled by 1 goal margins either way. Now after the fixture we could have possibly lost 16 goals ( or more ) if we go down by another 7.
I am very uneasy,  this downward spiral is way beyond any Larkie experience, am I the only one who think this?  One of the greatest clubs is in ruins.
We are not in ruins,remember that

33 minutes ago, The1andonly said:

Any truth in the rumour that Larkhall are looking to cancel game tomorrow as the are short of players Glencairn need to watch this closely what say you glens mad 

I'm sure Larkhall would not lower themselves to this type of thing.I would think if there was any type of inspection the Glencairn would also attend this.

2 hours ago, larky9 said:
2 hours ago, larkyforever said:

We are not in ruins,remember that

Yes we most certainly are.

How bad does is have to get?

Any truth in the rumour that Larkhall are looking to cancel game tomorrow as the are short of players Glencairn need to watch this closely what say you glens mad 
Why are you asking me ? All I know is that weather forecast is for it to be dry from now right through till this time tomorrow night.

46 minutes ago, Bigjeffery said:

Did I say they will lose every game you tit? Just said they will be in the bottom league because they are rank rotten

Nice reply, sounds as though you've just been weaned off a set.

Concentrate on your own team if you've nothing constructive or positive to say about other clubs.

1 hour ago, Mine Man said:

I'm sure Larkhall would not lower themselves to this type of thing.I would think if there was any type of inspection the Glencairn would also attend this.

I didn’t say they were doing anything wrong I apologise if it came across that way just heard the rumour that they could be short of players and could ask for a postponement which I am sure the glens would not want to happen 

On 13/09/2018 at 20:26, larkyforever said:

A reaistic answer to my question.  To lose a whole team, there HAS to be a really fundamental reason , rather than only playing for the manager, which , if true, is a totally damning admission of the situation in itself.

Some clarity from the Club would help

Interesting if belated statement on the Club website tonight. Seems to answer some questions but raises others; what seems clear is a breakdown in relationships between the officials and the playing staff.  Should have been issued at the start of the season.

5 minutes ago, larkyforever said:

Interesting if belated statement on the Club website tonight. Seems to answer some questions but raises others; what seems clear is a breakdown in relationships between the officials and the playing staff.  Should have been issued at the start of the season.

Just read the statement. Running a club It’s a tougher job than most of us could imagine. The incumbent committee can be criticised for some decisions but not for their commitment to the club. They need help not continual criticism, I’ve visited Gasworks Park on numerous occasions and never seen a victory for the team I’ve supported but I’ve always enjoyed my visits. I hope they get through this malaise as 140 years of history can’t be lost. 

Just read the statement. Running a club It’s a tougher job than most of us could imagine. The incumbent committee can be criticised for some decisions but not for their commitment to the club. They need help not continual criticism, I’ve visited Gasworks Park on numerous occasions and never seen a victory for the team I’ve supported but I’ve always enjoyed my visits. I hope they get through this malaise as 140 years of history can’t be lost. 
We will get through it,and hopefully the statement will put things to bed like all the negative comments

2 hours ago, larky9 said:
19 hours ago, Viewparker said:

We will get through it,and hopefully the statement will put things to bed like all the negative comments

not  negative  comments  mate  any post ive put  on are 100%  truthfull  theres a difference / not one person said otherwise , about what ive said , the silence on  comments  said it all. /  its not a witch hunt , its just stating facts/ People  thats  made  a total mess of running the club  getting sympathy of people abit rich , 

On 16/09/2018 at 17:11, rabbie said:

not  negative  comments  mate  any post ive put  on are 100%  truthfull  theres a difference / not one person said otherwise , about what ive said , the silence on  comments  said it all. /  its not a witch hunt , its just stating facts/ People  thats  made  a total mess of running the club  getting sympathy of people abit rich , 

The club website  clearly states dissatisfaction with the effort shown by the previous squad in the last game of last season ,  following issues.  Really sad it came to that, clearly a massive breakdown- to lose a whole playing staff and management.

2 hours ago, larkyforever said:

The club website  clearly states dissatisfaction with the effort shown by the previous squad in the last game of last season ,  following issues.  Really sad it came to that, clearly a massive breakdown- to lose a whole playing staff and management.

Now see players having a pop back.

Sad.  Hardly likely to help enticing new players to the club