Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

20 minutes ago, LT1878 said:

I think the main reason for the squad leaving was due to Sinky leaving.

They were obviously loyal to Sinky and didn’t want to stay at the club without him, which is there choice.

Larkhall aren’t the first club where squads have had to be rebuilt but how the club recover and deal with this is the most important thing.

An earlier post mentioned the club folding/ending, that’s just crazy talk. The club may well go down the leagues but there will still be a club

All of them?  Dosent seem right to me.

10 hours ago, LT1878 said:

I think the main reason for the squad leaving was due to Sinky leaving.

They were obviously loyal to Sinky and didn’t want to stay at the club without him, which is there choice.

Larkhall aren’t the first club where squads have had to be rebuilt but how the club recover and deal with this is the most important thing.

An earlier post mentioned the club folding/ending, that’s just crazy talk. The club may well go down the leagues but there will still be a club

It seems inconceiveable that such a thing could happen to such a famous name, but other clubs not now existing must have thought the same.   This spiral could have repercussions- no local interest, nobody wanting to sign, officials getting scunnered etc.

A statement from the Club outlining plans would be in order.

That is one thing I would say about larkhall the committee are stuck a bit in the dark ages when it comes to bring new things to club.. the only reason this hasn’t happened sooner at larkhall is because the players who were there over the last 5/6 years were playing for Sinky and tam not the club it was Sinky and tam that kept the team moving forward and kept the boys together hence when they moved on nobody else wanted to stay
Where we are finding it hard is when organising fundraisers,e.g. dances;sportsman dinners etc nobody wants to support it

I’m one of the veterans you refer to and yes we do put a lot of work in on top of our family lives and jobs so once again thanks for your concern
That's what a lot of people don't understand,you guys put a helluva lot of work in to keep this famous club going,from work on the pitch to match day Saturdays,and do you complain no,you get on with it,you try to bring in sponsorship,run various events throughout the season to bring in funds to help the management, and you still get people saying you are old fashioned,what more you guys can do I certainly don't know

Always easy to bash a club when things aren't going well , i for one hope Larkhall can turn there fortunes around , on and off the park .
We will,and if we go down,we go down fighting ,and the biggest thing we can do is protect the famous name of the oldest junior club in Scotland

Always easy to bash a club when things aren't going well , i for one hope Larkhall can turn there fortunes around , on and off the park .

Just not before tomorrow

That's what a lot of people don't understand,you guys put a helluva lot of work in to keep this famous club going,from work on the pitch to match day Saturdays,and do you complain no,you get on with it,you try to bring in sponsorship,run various events throughout the season to bring in funds to help the management, and you still get people saying you are old fashioned,what more you guys can do I certainly don't know

Also a lot of non factual drivel you read on here with people supposedly in the know.

Must be a few bods out their who’s only social interaction with the outside world is their daily outburst of bs.

Also a lot of non factual drivel you read on here with people supposedly in the know.

Must be a few bods out their who’s only social interaction with the outside world is their daily outburst of bs.
Well said big man,we at the Jags like to keep our business in house,unless other people like to squeal

No doubt you guys will turn it around soon 

All the best 
If we have to go down to turn it around,then that's what we will do,
Big Sinky and the players from last season have too take a lot of credit for keeping us up,but it was a big ask this season this season with a brand new management team and players,but we will get there

7 minutes ago, larky9 said:

If we have to go down to turn it around,then that's what we will do,
Big Sinky and the players from last season have too take a lot of credit for keeping us up,but it was a big ask this season this season with a brand new management team and players,but we will get there

Best of luck mate