Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

2 hours ago, larkyforever said:

Its a nightmare.

The club unparalled in the Junior game for producing great players and all the other achievements in a 140 year history is in a crisis

I certainly don't disagree here, the level of players that Larkhall have signed so far is abysmal. Some players weren't even getting a game for amateur teams. I just don't understand how they can justify signing players of this level for a junior club. 

If the Albert can go out and get decent players on a small budget I can’t see any reason why Larkhall can’t do the same, Jamie has done a fantastic job there on a shoestring. larkhall management have to do the same if there’s no money available. I hope they can turn it around but it’ll be a big ask now with the season up and running and players already signed up

It's one thing bemoaning the fate of the club and saying it's embarrassing, but what are the options? There's no money, the committee have worked wonders raising funds from local businesses in previous seasons but the money raised has gone on players. The other way ie the no money option is to offer players a platform to play in the juniors and get them from the amateurs but even that is hard because the good ones get picked up by better junior teams or get paid as amateurs.

So what would you actually do about sorting out the club?

9 minutes ago, The real Dembele said:

It's one thing bemoaning the fate of the club and saying it's embarrassing, but what are the options? There's no money, the committee have worked wonders raising funds from local businesses in previous seasons but the money raised has gone on players. The other way ie the no money option is to offer players a platform to play in the juniors and get them from the amateurs but even that is hard because the good ones get picked up by better junior teams or get paid as amateurs.

So what would you actually do about sorting out the club?

I think the club that is their arch nemesis is a good example for Larkhall. I’m sure others on the forum may have more insight but looking at it from outside St Rochs have flourished since they have been more involved in the local community. This has attracted more sponsorship and helped pump money into the club. They have also got a younger demographic in their committe than most junior clubs and their presence on social media has attracted a younger element to their matches. There is no one solution and it will take lots of small changes if Larkhall are to move forward again. I hope they do as to many teams have went by the wayside over the years leaving the grade poorer for their demise. 

36 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

I think the club that is their arch nemesis is a good example for Larkhall. I’m sure others on the forum may have more insight but looking at it from outside St Rochs have flourished since they have been more involved in the local community. This has attracted more sponsorship and helped pump money into the club. They have also got a younger demographic in their committe than most junior clubs and their presence on social media has attracted a younger element to their matches. There is no one solution and it will take lots of small changes if Larkhall are to move forward again. I hope they do as to many teams have went by the wayside over the years leaving the grade poorer for their demise. 

I just dont know Viewparker.  Were in unchartered waters now, never have the Jags been in such a state.  Always in the past when playing St Rochs victory was expected. Weve had ups and downs like every other club but over the course of 140 years have contributed a lot to the junior game.  Nothing compares to this. We lost a whole squad-why?  What was the plan?  What assurances were given on either side? 

What is the plan now?  Suffer?

I would imagine that the Candy are the last people you would want to learn from and I was just trying to provide some solutions for the predicament you find yourselves in but I would hope you are open to any ideas. You are too  important a club to go under and I hope you guys find a way past your troubles. 

3 hours ago, larky9 said:
4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:
It’s no nice seeing larky getting heavy defeats week in week out and hopefully they can recover from this 

We will legend but it will take a while,onwards and upwards

Before " onwards and upwards " stabilisation needs to occur. This cant go on.

I would imagine that the Candy are the last people you would want to learn from and I was just trying to provide some solutions for the predicament you find yourselves in but I would hope you are open to any ideas. You are too  important a club to go under and I hope you guys find a way past your troubles. 

Why not learn from us ? Why not speak privately to guys like myself and ask for advice ? A few clubs that I won't mention have spoken to us about getting there merchandise off the ground and we have been happy to help or share our ideas with as a flourishing junior game is to the benefit of everyone. I have no idea what's going on at Larkhall nor is it my business to know but one small aspect I have noticed which is for me critical in this modern age is there lack of presence on social media and this is something which should be addressed straight away .

That is one thing I would say about larkhall the committee are stuck a bit in the dark ages when it comes to bring new things to club.. the only reason this hasn’t happened sooner at larkhall is because the players who were there over the last 5/6 years were playing for Sinky and tam not the club it was Sinky and tam that kept the team moving forward and kept the boys together hence when they moved on nobody else wanted to stay

1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

Thanks, much appreciated.

44 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Why not learn from us ? Why not speak privately to guys like myself and ask for advice ? A few clubs that I won't mention have spoken to us about getting there merchandise off the ground and we have been happy to help or share our ideas with as a flourishing junior game is to the benefit of everyone. I have no idea what's going on at Larkhall nor is it my business to know but one small aspect I have noticed which is for me critical in this modern age is there lack of presence on social media and this is something which should be addressed straight away .

Like re-naming Gasworks the Jimmy McStay Stadium?   There is plenty of experience in the Larkhall committee

1 minute ago, Viewparker said:

I don’t doubt that and you can just throw that away but you probably need some new blood. 

Yes, I agree.  The collapse is dramatic and happened overnight.

Why is the question? Why did a whole squad vanish?

Yes, I agree.  The collapse is dramatic and happened overnight.
Why is the question? Why did a whole squad vanish?

I think the main reason for the squad leaving was due to Sinky leaving.

They were obviously loyal to Sinky and didn’t want to stay at the club without him, which is there choice.

Larkhall aren’t the first club where squads have had to be rebuilt but how the club recover and deal with this is the most important thing.

An earlier post mentioned the club folding/ending, that’s just crazy talk. The club may well go down the leagues but there will still be a club

11 minutes ago, LT1878 said:

I think the main reason for the squad leaving was due to Sinky leaving.

They were obviously loyal to Sinky and didn’t want to stay at the club without him, which is there choice.

Larkhall aren’t the first club where squads have had to be rebuilt but how the club recover and deal with this is the most important thing.

An earlier post mentioned the club folding/ending, that’s just crazy talk. The club may well go down the leagues but there will still be a club

Hope your right.