Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

On 5 July 2018 at 17:32, TheDaftGoalie said:

Would say they will probably be in bottom half of table 

Posted TDG 5 weeks ago. Nothing at the back which gives the opposition 2 goals of a start. First law of football get your defence sorted out. Worse case scenario then becomes 0-0. Hopefully the management are hunting for defenders right now. If not then it's 150/200 goals against by the end of the season.

When the new management where appointed they must’ve been given false promises or gave false promises, a full new squad was required and filling it with under 19’s in this league was only going to lead to one thing!

It’ll be a long and hard season for those young boys and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them totally lost heart and went back to playing under 21/19’s to enjoy there football again

23 hours ago, LT1878 said:

When the new management where appointed they must’ve been given false promises or gave false promises, a full new squad was required and filling it with under 19’s in this league was only going to lead to one thing!

It’ll be a long and hard season for those young boys and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them totally lost heart and went back to playing under 21/19’s to enjoy there football again

Do or die next Saturday v the Roch. A loss at this point in what is now an early doors relegation battle would glue Larky to the bottom.

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Posted TDG 5 weeks ago. Nothing at the back which gives the opposition 2 goals of a start. First law of football get your defence sorted out. Worse case scenario then becomes 0-0. Hopefully the management are hunting for defenders right now. If not then it's 150/200 goals against by the end of the season.

!03 goals scored in our division already, that's 4 and a bit per game, the highest average in any of the four divisions. You have conceded 20 in three games so if you were to continue like that you could be correct, but I don't think so. Not even Fort William have conceded that many in a season. It may not be looking too good at the moment but things can change pretty quickly.

23 hours ago, garrellburn said:

!03 goals scored in our division already, that's 4 and a bit per game, the highest average in any of the four divisions. You have conceded 20 in three games so if you were to continue like that you could be correct, but I don't think so. Not even Fort William have conceded that many in a season. It may not be looking too good at the moment but things can change pretty quickly.

Piss off you patronising twat.

The new management knew what the budget was at the interview and also knew they needed a new team,so it's down to them to recruit the players they want,why experienced players are not in only the management can explain,but we will support the team through thick and thin
C'mon the Jags

On 12/08/2018 at 16:44, LT1878 said:

Totally correct.  This situation needs arresting now, not weeks or months away.

Big jasper is very quiet on here recently is this because Larkhall are getting pumped every week? Was going on at larkhall is embarrassing... they will get relegated until they are in the bottom league... and the oldest junior club will soon be out the game all together I fear

Big jasper is very quiet on here recently is this because Larkhall are getting pumped every week? Was going on at larkhall is embarrassing... they will get relegated until they are in the bottom league... and the oldest junior club will soon be out the game all together I fear
Your right it is embarrassing,but we will keep going and relegation might not be a bad thing,but our club will never die
Good too see big Sinky doing well at Arthurliehr is a great big guy

1 hour ago, larky9 said:

Your right it is embarrassing,but we will keep going and relegation might not be a bad thing,but our club will never die
Good too see big Sinky doing well at Arthurliehr is a great big guy

Of course its a bad thing, how  could it not be?  How would we get back?   How can these youngsters cope with this? So unfair to them,  best wishes to Sinky, but hes history now  and our own- glorious - history is of no benefit to us just now.

Just now we are in a crisis the like of which we have never seen before. More league goals lost before the end of August than we have sometimes lost in a whole season.

Record league defeat at St Rochs, of all places- a team , I think, who have beaten us 3 times in 60 years including yesterday, whilst we must have at least 20 victories over them in that time.

Crisis needs action before things worsen, I never thought we would EVER become a laughing stock and whipping boys. ( no criticism of the youngsters )

1 hour ago, Bigjeffery said:

Its a nightmare.

The club unparalled in the Junior game for producing great players and all the other achievements in a 140 year history is in a crisis

Available this week, get yours in time for Whitletts Vics game 

A9E43B73-1856-4A5C-88AA-639E9662BFF3.thumb.jpeg.98be820fa6977e8cf096cad07b1a3891.jpeg
I take no pleasure in any team taking a leathering each week (unless it's Darvel [emoji848]am kidding[emoji16]) all our team's have been through spells like this down the years, and yes we can laugh n joke about it , but it's a sore one when it"s your own team taking the pumping's , i hope they get some old heads in an steady the ship a bit , unfortunatley money is the key at any level now ! Wonder if sinky knew this was coming an bailed ?