Larkhall Thistle 2018/2019 Thread

BigJasper

The club have started to prepare our pre-season schedule

July 14th and 15th - Kilbirnie Ladeside Tournament

July 21st - Home match versus Abbevale FC for the Tommy Jamieson Memorial Shield 2.30pm kick off

July 25th - Home match versus Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 7.30pm kick off

We hope to have some more information on fixture and signing news over the next few days

• 2 weeks later...

Larkhall are right to look after their own interests. With no offence intended, we didn't really want to be playing Larkhall in a pre-season tournament only a fortnight before we play them in our first match of the Sectional League Cup, and we also meet in the league in mid September. I would imagine the management team at Thistle probably didn't think that would be best for them either. Larkhall pulling out of the tournament has taken that issue away, and thankfully Kilbirnie were able to replace them quickly with Port Glasgow to keep the tournament on schedule.

Larkhall are right to look after their own interests. With no offence intended, we didn't really want to be playing Larkhall in a pre-season tournament only a fortnight before we play them in our first match of the Sectional League Cup, and we also meet in the league in mid September. I would imagine the management team at Thistle probably didn't think that would be best for them either. Larkhall pulling out of the tournament has taken that issue away, and thankfully Kilbirnie were able to replace them quickly with Port Glasgow to keep the tournament on schedule.
I think the players they are looking to sign are still on holiday,so it wouldn't give the management team time to work with them

18 hours ago, TheDaftGoalie said:

Probably due to the matter of all the players from previous season left and hearing that they’ve not signed many players 

The manager has been and is currently on holiday and again a decision has been made not to announce anything until he returns,

6 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

What sort of players are arthurlie expecting in the players the came to us from yous

Big Mushet is a solid centre half, Niall Reynolds is a very talented centre half also but Sinky has consistently played him at left back and he’s right footed.  Josh Payne can  play anywhere down the right and Craig Forbes, we didn’t see enough of him as he spent the 2nd part of the season in Milan., but what we did see was a very reliable utility player. 

Not prepared to comment on Nicholl, as you signed him from the Amateurs although he did spend time with us including part of last season

Edited by BigJasper

Out of the four mentioned I wud say nicol is the best of them if he keeps his cool great left peg,also he was signed from the gow all be it a few weeks.Must be talking about his brother if your saying Reynolds is talented would say reliable if anything 

Out of the four mentioned I wud say nicol is the best of them if he keeps his cool great left peg,also he was signed from the gow all be it a few weeks.Must be talking about his brother if your saying Reynolds is talented would say reliable if anything 
He has a good left peg as you say,but he is complete crackpot and could cost Sinky his job,I hope not but time will tell

Just now, TheDaftGoalie said:

You obviously have no clue!!! Played out of position for his entire time with us.  Obviously on just to get a rise from people 

Not on to get a rise just saying how it is he played right back for larkhall aswell for a while as I said a reliable player certainly not the most talented his passing game is something that needs work on but he’s at that age where it’s not going to improve my opinion to say I’ve not got a clue sums u up

• 4 weeks later...

Jags 2-3 EK Th. Mon 30th July.

Very well done to the Larky kids for a tremendous effort against a much more experienced looking EK Th team.

EK’s very talented no 2, put his team in a commanding position with a couple of well worked goals, midway through the 1st half.

Jags hard working no 10 got his side back level,with 2 good goals from close range.

Ek’ no 3 headed a winner at the back post for the visitors with 10 mns left, after good skill from their no11 on the left opened up the home defence.

Jags will need to bring some experience very soon or they will struggle this season, but tonight,I was very proud of the lads, thanks for you effort.

Jags 2-3 EK Th. Mon 30th July.
Very well done to the Larky kids for a tremendous effort against a much more experienced looking EK Th team.
EK’s very talented no 2, put his team in a commanding position with a couple of well worked goals, midway through the 1st half.
Jags hard working no 10 got his side back level,with 2 good goals from close range.
Ek’ no 3 headed a winner at the back post for the visitors with 10 mns left, after good skill from their no11 on the left opened up the home defence.
Jags will need to bring some experience very soon or they will struggle this season, but tonight,I was very proud of the lads, thanks for you effort.

Good summary of the game,it will be a long hard season for us all,but here's hoping,onwards and upwards

Just a quick post to say unlucky on Saturday guys, we got the rub of the green for a change and managed to secure a positive result.  It was my first visit to your place and you guys were magnanimous in the defeat.:thumsup2

Wishing you every success in your rebuilding efforts and all the best for the rest of the season with the return fixture being the exception of course.;)

T

Just now, tombo said:

Just a quick post to say unlucky on Saturday guys, we got the rub of the green for a change and managed to secure a positive result.  It was my first visit to your place and you guys were magnanimous in the defeat.:thumsup2

Wishing you every success in your rebuilding efforts and all the best for the rest of the season with the return fixture being the exception of course.;)

T

And to you, we are far from the finished article but we’ll get there.

Looking forward to our trip to the seaside later in the season.