Ladeside 18/19 thread

got to mention then Glens fans yesterday, came up early and stayed after the game to give much needed revenue over the bar.

Great banter between the fans and a couple '' man hugs'' to ease our pain.

Too much bad press at times for clubs so defo worthy of a wee bit of positive feedback.

As for the game...………………………..

Enjoyed my day at Kilbirnie, been a few yrs since I was there and the result certainly helped plus shaking the hand of one of my all time Scotland Heroes big Gordon.  Thought at 1-0 the game was still tight but the Glens defence were solid and the two goals in the last few minutes were deserved of an excellent performance by the Glenafton.

Edited by GLENAFTON93

13 hours ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

Enjoyed my day at Kilbirnie, been a few yrs since I was there and the result certainly helped plus shaking the hand of one of my all time Scotland Heroes big Gordon.  Thought at 1-0 the game was still tight but the Glens defence were solid and the two goals in the last few minutes were deserved of an excellent performance by the Glenafton.

Who is big Gordon? 

On 22/09/2018 at 20:20, Gartcairn Army said:

So what’s the predictions for next week lads 

Gartcairn could well win this one. Could and should have beaten Arthurlie last season. If it goes to a replay  it will be a Kilbirnie win.  Cairns park is poor and will not suit the Blasties at all. I heard they train at the Bens  but the difference between the surfaces is night and day.

Gartcairn could well win this one. Could and should have beaten Arthurlie last season. If it goes to a replay  it will be a Kilbirnie win.  Cairns park is poor and will not suit the Blasties at all. I heard they train at the Bens  but the difference between the surfaces is night and day.
The game is being played at kilbirnie,

14 minutes ago, qwerty said:
49 minutes ago, Satori. said:

The game is being played at kilbirnie,

Sorry mate thought it was at Gartcairn.  Ok Kilbirnie win then.:thumsup2

11 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

They did get the home draw but for some reason the park isn’t able to hold a Scottish tie & the game got switched . Understand Cairn had other options but chose to come to Kilbirnie .

Cheers mate. You have dodged a bullet there. Horrible place for a game of football. We played them there in the Scottish last season. Played in a snowstorm with absolutely no cover.   

Thanks for the hospitality today guys and all the best rest of the season.
Great seeing other junior grounds and what we aim to aspire too, wish people would take into consideration that we are only in our fourth season and better facilities will come with time.
Having said that I strongly believe we could’ve handled the relatively small crowd at our park without any hassle.