Ladeside 18/19 thread

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dont think fans feel let down, think a few were angered that the news of their Chairman resigning came from another club, however most wish Jammy well. The guy has had coaching aspirations for a long time and would have been mad to pass up the opportunity. No slight on the guys style but I feel Bankies fans are more than happy with his replacement Grace who is doing a pretty excellent job as Chairwoman.

She's doin great 

3 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Coach or not,it was the wrong thing to do.

There is no greater accolade for a  lifelong fan of a club than to be the chairman of that club.

im sure it will be a decision that he comes to regret in years to come.

Agree-players and managers move but fans don’t.....Especially at a pivotal time in their clubs existence after fighting so long to come back into football.Guess he’s a Kilbirnie man now?

Coach or not,it was the wrong thing to do.
There is no greater accolade for a  lifelong fan of a club than to be the chairman of that club.
im sure it will be a decision that he comes to regret in years to come.

Why? Its not like hes not allowed to come back to a Bankies game? Im sure he’d be given a decent reception. Lets not forget the guy was in place for 13 years, thats a decent innings. I think the guy would have regretted the way it all came out but not going after a great coaching opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Why? Its not like hes not allowed to come back to a Bankies game? Im sure he’d be given a decent reception. Lets not forget the guy was in place for 13 years, thats a decent innings. I think the guy would have regretted the way it all came out but not going after a great coaching opportunity.

I’m sure there are some who’d welcome him back but I think you underestimate the strength of feeling against what he’s done.

The whole club is based on being fan owned and run.Maybe you and some others don’t see it as a slap in the face that the Chairman upped and left to coach at a club that’s in direct competition with us but there are plenty who do.

2 hours ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

Was talking to both Jammy and Grace in the Social Club after the game, absolutely no animosity to Jammy from any Bankies fan in the Social Club from where I was sitting......

Like I said,some won’t mind.Others do.

Anyway this is a Kilbirnie thread.Thought they were poor yesterday and did well to only lose by 2.