Ladeside 18/19 thread

Never done one last year but thought why not do one this year again

After Scullion resigning & Connor Mcvey joining I expect another announcement on the signing front in the next day or so .

Also will be able to confirm who’s signed on for another season soon

With Kieran Hughes leaving for pastures new it only leaves us with Joe Wilton in goals so a keeper will be a priority

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, fan of the juniors said:
James Glen Memorial Trophy
Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th July
Ladeside , Glencairn , Larkhall & Royal Albert

When will the draw be made ? It's a fortnight today.

Probably at committee meeting on Monday, going to park tomorrow so will find out for sure.

Yous will be 1st game v Larkie & we will play Berts 2nd game [emoji12]
I expected that, but is that official ? To be honest I think Glens and Larkhall would probably prefer not to play each other as we've been drawn in the Sectional together and we're also playing each other early in the league season.

I expected that, but is that official ? To be honest I think Glens and Larkhall would probably prefer not to play each other as we've been drawn in the Sectional together and we're also playing each other early in the league season.

Not on the committee so wouldn’t know but usually get it right . We never play yourselves unless it’s the final

Bit concerned with the lack of experienced signings in the closed season, not entirely pushing the boat out is budgie is he? A lucky 5th in the league last season, you'd have thought that he would have tried to grab another striker and defender to push on a bit,
No need got a striker lined up , just waiting on him coming back from holiday, then push on from there.

34 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Noticed that Kurtis Roberts, Dom McLaren and another lad called McKinnon apparently joining QP.  Will they be capable of playing in league 2? 

On 6/29/2018 at 17:10, kenny131 said:

Ffs robbo you were a fecking mess at doing the fixtures just let it go.

McKinnon's lack of aggression will let him down.

25 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Ok, what can we expect from them then?

MacKinnon is nowhere good enough , Roberts potential but League 2 ? No sure that much potential. McLaren decent in air likes to take ball down and play on deck big and strong enough got a chance. None are remotely near level of previous signings Anderson or Longworth.

7 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

MacKinnon is nowhere good enough , Roberts potential but League 2 ? No sure that much potential. McLaren decent in air likes to take ball down and play on deck big and strong enough got a chance. None are remotely near level of previous signings Anderson or Longworth.

Thanks for that, don't think we'll ever sign players of the calibire of Anderson and Longworth again from the juniors. Hopefully they're better than the last addition we got from youse in David Green.