The Music

DA Baracus

Exceptional band. Their first album is in my all time top 5. Massive thanks to @Paris Hilltoon for introducing me to them (I said that Weezer's 'Buddy Holly' was the best tune around and he just laughed and played me 'The People'. I was blown away; in fact I was fucking astonished. It was transcendent. I was 't that in to music then, but since then I got more and more in to it, all different styles/genres, and hundreds of bands, but to this day that album is still incredible). The second and third albums are good but not even close to the first, which is phenomenal. These guys could and should have been massive.

Two of their best from their first album;

Despite being predominantly into metal/hard rock, The Music are definitely up there in my top 5 bands of all time. Their first and third albums were outstanding.

A brilliant live band too and Robert Harvey was an absolutely brilliant front-man. What he lacked in verbal audience interaction he more than made up for with his unique vocals and energy with his techno-esque dancing which complemented their electro-dance brand of indie rock.

Of the 9(in a row) TITPs I attended, my favourite performance and TITP memory was being right down the front the year The Music headlined the old NME stage.

Still listen to their first and third albums on my travels fairly often.

Off their third album ‘Strength In Numbers’ this is probably my favourite of their songs:

I missed The Music that night at T as I wanted to see REM who turned out to be pretty shite. Made the wrong decision on that one.

They're also one of the few biggish musicians to play Greenock since I started going to gigs.

One of the best live bands I've ever seen.

Saw them at The Venue in Edinburgh before their first album out. A tiny place, totally sold out, sweat dripping off the ceiling. They filled the stage with smoke, backlit it and played one of the best gigs I've ever seen. Especially by a band who I'd only heard one song from at that point.

Saw them another couple of times after that. Best (apart from that first time in Edinburgh) was at the Barrowlands.

Archived