St Roch"s 2018/19

21stcenturyboy

I'm calling bullshit There was " no tunes "
Whisky in the jar is not a rebel song never has been never will be
If the sound of an Irish voice makes you think oh there the rebels on then I seriously think you need some sort of help .
Drop me a dm and I will refund you your £12 since you were so deeply offended by the sound of an Irish singing voice .

Any tune that goes diddly dee is classed as "rebel" tune by the ignorant.

Same wee dicks were at Whitletts yesterday, about 15yo jumping about full of the mad dog. Two of them actually apologised to a couple of our fans at ht because even they were embarrassed by their pish.
Heard some of their female supporters discussing them at half time but nobody would speak to them. Probably their related to the leg end

On 20/08/2018 at 20:00, griffiti on the wall said:

I'm calling bullshit

There was " no tunes "

Whisky in the jar is not a rebel song never has been never will be

If the sound of an Irish voice makes you think oh there the rebels on then I seriously think you need some sort of help .

Drop me a dm and I will refund you your £12 since you were so deeply offended by the sound of an Irish singing voice .

You wont complain then when some club regales you with Marching Through Georgia

33 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
44 minutes ago, larkyforever said:
You wont complain then when some club regales you with Marching Through Georgia

No idea what that song that is but if its as good as midnight train to Georgia I won't be complaining

Oh, I dont think youd lke it, nor would most of your supporters. Check out the tune, its lively,  The point I was trying to make that by playing tunes which could perceived to be sectarian,  you are not doing yourselves any favours and merely reinforcing your widespead negative image.  I had no idea that " Whisky in the Jar ", a song ( presumbly by Phil Lynott ) I enjoy could be perceived as such,  ( lyrics being changed etc )  but if this is the case as pointed out earlier in this thread, then best not to go there.

Unless the Dubliners changed the lyrics then I'm 100% sure it's the same song as thin lizzy and a host of other artists have covered .

It's all nonsense imo

I find it hard to understand this widespread negative image

We go to grounds in good numbers spend our money and 99 9% of the time without the hint of bother but on here you would think we turn up with a hibernian band singing rebels songs all afternoon it's biggest myth I have ever known.

8 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Unless the Dubliners changed the lyrics then I'm 100% sure it's the same song as thin lizzy and a host of other artists have covered .

It's all nonsense imo

I find it hard to understand this widespread negative image

We go to grounds in good numbers spend our money and 99 9% of the time without the hint of bother but on here you would think we turn up with a hibernian band singing rebels songs all afternoon it's biggest myth I have ever known.

Ha Ha Ha

Ha

Celtic, Rangers, The Queen, The Pope, Catholics and Protestants all walked into a bar... it’s a joke.... all of it.... and not a very good joke at that... ☹️ I remember 2 cracking games against Larkhall the season before last.... the games, the on the pitch stuff.... we never won one of them..... you will see the stuff on the pitch if you look hard enough.... don’t be distracted by the prejudices or the unenlightened. It’s a game of football, simple and true. Hopefully be back and see you all Saturday... then you can all read what REALLY happens on Sunday! [emoji23]
Mon the fitbaw! [emoji460]️[emoji106]

Saturday I have no idea what to expect as I have never saw Dalry.
Results for them suggest a tough game which I suspect it will be .
Cup draw saw us land local rivals and a traditional Derby match away to Glasgow Perthshire at a ground with the smallest pitch I have saw in the junior game.
Again another tough draw but certainly one that is winnable.

14 minutes ago, eaglelok said:

Any info on the boy Aaron Millar , apparently he was on loan at you guys 2017 just signed on loan at pollok.

That the big lad from Clyde?

I liked him. Good target man but not really prolific. Think he came to the Candy for a few months after a run of injuries and left around Xmas time  Not sure how it went after that.

Edited by Homelessglasgow

On 23/08/2018 at 21:03, griffiti on the wall said:

Saturday I have no idea what to expect as I have never saw Dalry.
Results for them suggest a tough game which I suspect it will be .
Cup draw saw us land local rivals and a traditional Derby match away to Glasgow Perthshire at a ground with the smallest pitch I have saw in the junior game.
Again another tough draw but certainly one that is winnable.

We played Dalry at brig o lea a couple of weeks back and although they won the game I wouldn't say they were a great team. What they do have is 2 old heads in mcglauchlin in defence and cashmore up front. Not got the legs they once had but the head is still working lol. Brought a good support to the brig which surprised me with it being a Wednesday night. All the best

We played Dalry at brig o lea a couple of weeks back and although they won the game I wouldn't say they were a great team. What they do have is 2 old heads in mcglauchlin in defence and cashmore up front. Not got the legs they once had but the head is still working lol. Brought a good support to the brig which surprised me with it being a Wednesday night. All the best
Cheers m8
Should be a decent game tomorrow and hopefully a good crowd aswell

Any info on the boy Aaron Millar , apparently he was on loan at you guys 2017 just signed on loan at pollok.
Cracking lad. Great ability with both feet and head. Also a total gentleman off the park.
Plays and fights for the jersey of any team he plays for. Shame we couldnt land him again.