St Roch"s 2018/19

21stcenturyboy

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

What does the thing in the middle between the lettering signify, Chris ?

I can't quite make out what it is supposed to be.

Possibly the staff carried by St. Roch but not sure of that because of the pointed end.  I've seen depictions of St. Roch and in some he is carrying something very similar.  

11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's a Masonic thing.

Massive respect to you, Serg, on you’re knowledgeable historical interest in medieval sainthood.

St Roch of course being the patron saint of brotherhoods among a number of other things.

4 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Massive respect to you, Serg, on you’re knowledgeable historical interest in medieval sainthood.

St Roch of course being the patron saint of brotherhoods among a number of other things.

There's a lot I know. He's not the only guy that nicked about Provanmill with a pointy instrument.

On 04/05/2019 at 20:02, GNU_Linux said:

https://thefitbanomad.wordpress.com/2019/04/28/rambling-up-to-st-rochs/

Fitbanomad did a good write up bout the club. Massive props for all the stuff the club does off the field & in the community.

Thanks for the link, GNU. Really good article that went beyond football. Good to see the Candy get a bit of praise for the work they do.

Looking forward to my first visit to the JMP today. Even better knowing that having secured our Championship place for next season that there will be a quick return for a second visit.[emoji4]