St Roch"s 2018/19

21stcenturyboy

3 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Get off our page yous two fuds 

Again we have been abused in a wrong way .... As much as it hurts to the majority - it is NOT OK  for a single second  to show hatred again st anyone of a religious persuasion 

We are what we are - we don't hate anyone - but do you know what ..

We were formed be the parish priest from St Roch,s parish - we play in the Garngad - we wear green - we play at James McGrory Park - we are what we are but part of something much bigger than us - that is the Junior Football family 

We welcome everyone from everywhere and the comments on social media tonight are out of order 

Yous or Ewes???

your comments are not very comforting may I add my good friend, bless you :angel

Sunday morning up with the lark..........

Firstly well done to Craigmark Burtonians on coming up to the big smoke and getting a result.

On the Candy front, first defeat at home in the league since Rossvale beat us on the first Saturday of the year way back in January. Truth is, and it's only an opinion but i felt the Roch could have played till midnight against Craigmark and not scored. Those days happen. On the broader league front this is highest level the Candy have played at since the Super Leagues kicked in back in 2002. Even then we never actually reached the Super Leagues in 15 seasons  of trying or mostly non trying tbh. It's only since the present regime took over have St Roch's got back to 1970s levels on and off the park. I know it's early days in this present season and again it's only an opinion but promotion is probably beyond us. At this stage i'll happily take a top half of the league finish. Who knows, we might be playing Peasy and Irvine Meadow next season.

I've said before about st rochs the turn around in the last few years has been incredible. The work on and off the park should be applauded. This season is a step up and surely the aim before a ball was kicked was to stay in the league realistically. There will still be ups and downs along the way but the candy still moving in the right direction despite a few poor results and I'm sure with the team, management and support this will continue. Some people will always want to see the roch fail due to who they are but im sure that will give everyone the drive to keep pushing on.

Sunday morning up with the lark..........
Firstly well done to Craigmark Burtonians on coming up to the big smoke and getting a result.
On the Candy front, first defeat at home in the league since Rossvale beat us on the first Saturday of the year way back in January. Truth is, and it's only an opinion but i felt the Roch could have played till midnight against Craigmark and not scored. Those days happen. On the broader league front this is highest level the Candy have played at since the Super Leagues kicked in back in 2002. Even then we never actually reached the Super Leagues in 15 seasons  of trying or mostly non trying tbh. It's only since the present regime took over have St Roch's got back to 1970s levels on and off the park. I know it's early days in this present season and again it's only an opinion but promotion is probably beyond us. At this stage i'll happily take a top half of the league finish. Who knows, we might be playing Peasy and Irvine Meadow next season.

You will be, 100%

Can anyone from St. Roch's confirm the team for me i'm missing No15s name from the starting line up and the first name of no20 Dobbs, cheers.

1 John Stark.  5 Stephen Bryson.  6 Kris Lafferty.  8 Kieran Daw.  10 Keiran Martin.   11 Jordan Logan.  14 Robert Maguire. 15 ?  16 Jordan Brown.

19 Ryan McManus.  92 Sean Viola.

subs; 3 Paul Callaghan.  9 Stephen McDonald.  20 ? Dobbs.  44 Aaron Griffiths.

Edited by lokforever

Can anyone from St. Roch's confirm the team for me i'm missing No15s name from the starting line up and the first name of no20 Dobbs, cheers.
1 John Stark.  5 Stephen Bryson.  6 Kris Lafferty.  8 Kieran Daw.  10 Keiran Martin.   11 Jordan Logan.  14 Robert Maguire. 15 ?  16 Jordan Brown.
19 Ryan McManus.  92 Sean Viola.
subs; 3 Paul Callaghan.  9 Stephen McDonald.  20 ? Dobbs.  44 Aaron Griffiths.
Missed the 1st half due to other commitments but number is 20 Ged Dobbs. Only player i see missing that i know was playing is Martin Maguire who could have been wearing 15.
Hope thia is correct and helps you out.

Saddened to read this nonsense from a Craigmark player and given the entire match was filmed then it should be taken to the sjfa and a complaint made against the player which will hopefully see him receive a hefty ban .

Do not need the video as he has admitted on social media at attempting to cause a riot (which the ref missed). But i know what will happen if a complaint was put in. " move along nothing happened" "oh by the way theres a £1000 fine for your fans 'throwing coins' as accused by a player."
For me we should just move on. Lets get the team together and go on and beat them. Sadly thats what the uneducated from 'loyalist ayrshire' think of us. I know not all teams, players and fans are like that before anyone starts.

1 minute ago, Rochstar1920 said:
3 minutes ago, Viewparker said:
Uncalled for.  You can’t complain about comments when you make such a sweeping statement. 

Read the guys twitter page thats what that is aimed at.

I read them , he is disgusting and deserved to be called out but you can’t generalise in response to him.  

Shame this has overshadowed a good victory for Craigmark by an arsehole of a player .
There fans were absolutely fine as I actually stood talking with 2 old boys from there before kick off .
It's not Ayrshire either as last week we had a brilliant day down at Irvine Victoria .
It would be nice if Craigmark have a word with the player who gives us an apology then we can all move on as tbh I'm more excited and interested about playing the young upstart noisy neighbours Rossvale on Saturday

Guys I am a bit disappointed to see the comments, as you certainly didn't experience any of the "loyalist ayrshire" nonsense when you visited us last week. I think it is poor if it is a player , I wouldn't like to see his reaction if you had scudded them. However like other posters have said not all clubs down in our neck of the woods will treat you like that. Anyway that's your team talk sorted for the return fixture no doubt.
T

Guys I am a bit disappointed to see the comments, as you certainly didn't experience any of the "loyalist ayrshire" nonsense when you visited us last week. I think it is poor if it is a player , I wouldn't like to see his reaction if you had scudded them. However like other posters have said not all clubs down in our neck of the woods will treat you like that. Anyway that's your team talk sorted for the return fixture no doubt.
T
Would happily visit you guys again. Great club great banter.