St Roch"s 2018/19

21stcenturyboy

You know me GOTW... I say what I see and what I feel. Very often you and I disagree but just because we follow and support the Candy and watch the same game that doesn’t always mean we see it the same. That’s allowed. I ain’t gonna praise or defend bad attitudes and bad effort... poor performances are inevitable at our level.. just try and keep your standards high, that’s all I want. Blind faith and your own team’s coloured glasses are allowed but when the chat involves the Candyman’s music or your ma and his da and shite from 300+ years ago and 100+ years ago... well, I’m not interested.
I have said it before and will do again, I am sad when I hear all these types of arguments... where are the arguments about the robbing ref or the dirty centre back or the hatchet man in midfield or the best striker we have ever had who should be signed pro..?? Remember when football chat and arguements were about football? .. ahhh yes.. when ah wiz a boy.....
Mon the Fitbaw Arguements!
MTC! [emoji460]️[emoji106]

On that note kinky my thoughts so far

Other than the obviously learning curve step up etc

I have been notably impressed by the new left back young Anton and Rab Maguire is back to player he was before he left and arguably our best player so far this season .

Goalkeeper wise starky still the no 1 and in midfield biscuit has been a great addition where as viola I'm not convinced but that's not on ability but more to do with for me he is very similar to Rab Maguire and I don't think you can start both its one or the other for me .

Upfront young Ryan continues to impress Jordan logan still scores goals McDonald has started well and we also have young Michael and dobbs who both done well pre season in reserve .

But here is the crux for me in the centre of defence we are like everyone's favourite Quality Street a soft centre .

We are crying out for a big strong brute of a centre half who can defend organise and lead and I would also say the same about a holding midfielder someone who can tackle strong and break up the game but also inspire tho tbf we tend not to play that type of midfielder and we would need to hark back to the days of Dom ferbes John sweeney or even Stephen logan for that type of player .

Despite that I think we are on the right road and only a couple of players away from competing for the title and will most definitely finish mid table at worse this season as despite a couple of hammering I have not seen anyone outplay us so far this season.

Hopefully you get to see a few more games kinky and you can give us your assessment on how you think we will fare this season as surely that is the purpose of pie and bovril

Discussion opinions and debate .

On that note kinky my thoughts so far
Other than the obviously learning curve step up etc
I have been notably impressed by the new left back young Anton and Rab Maguire is back to player he was before he left and arguably our best player so far this season .
Goalkeeper wise starky still the no 1 and in midfield biscuit has been a great addition where as viola I'm not convinced but that's not on ability but more to do with for me he is very similar to Rab Maguire and I don't think you can start both its one or the other for me .
Upfront young Ryan continues to impress Jordan logan still scores goals McDonald has started well and we also have young Michael and dobbs who both done well pre season in reserve .
But here is the crux for me in the centre of defence we are like everyone's favourite Quality Street a soft centre .
We are crying out for a big strong brute of a centre half who can defend organise and lead and I would also say the same about a holding midfielder someone who can tackle strong and break up the game but also inspire tho tbf we tend not to play that type of midfielder and we would need to hark back to the days of Dom ferbes John sweeney or even Stephen logan for that type of player .
Despite that I think we are on the right road and only a couple of players away from competing for the title and will most definitely finish mid table at worse this season as despite a couple of hammering I have not seen anyone outplay us so far this season.
Hopefully you get to see a few more games kinky and you can give us your assessment on how you think we will fare this season as surely that is the purpose of pie and bovril
Discussion opinions and debate .

Don’t forget we have the bull at centre back. Big Ross is a great C B

It’s difficult for me to comment on the new signings other than the lad Anton who did catch the eye... and just as I said to Stevie M that he looked not bad, he let one through his legs and had to chase back as the winger went clean through! There are lots of factors that can influence how a defence look and perform but I accept your more informed opinion. Good solid centre backs like that are few and far between and... unfortunately.... I am not coming out of retirement. In fact... I’ll be lucky to get out the house soon the state of my knees and ankles!! It’s not easy being a manager and everyone has their opinions. I think we leave the gaffer to it and see how they go. I for one will be looking at this season with realistic expectations and to say we will be challenging for the title is too far a stretch for what I saw on Saturday in the limited time I had. Also, title chasing sides don’t usually get pumped the way we have already... not saying it won’t happen, just that it doesn’t happen often!! We shall see...
What never fails to impress though is your passion and enthusiasm and optimism and that of a large portion of the Candy faithful. Who ever said the dreamers are wrong and fantasists?
MTC! [emoji517][emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

Absolutely Paul the easiest thing in the world is to stand on the terraces saying we should do this or buy him etc but it's the management who are the coalface doing the hard work and our management deserve all the credit for everything they do on and off the park for the last 5 years.
Haha thanks Paul
The dreamers dream the dream and that's what keeps us going on those long travels or dreek and drab winter days at JMP.

Exactly, who is stronger and fiercer, Chuck in Tam Hanlon, you have the hardest 2 guys in the league.
Tam is obviously a full back
I just think we concede too much from set pieces as we are quick small at the back and I think we lack a natural leader at the back who can organise and lead
But it's all about opinions

Fair play to St Roch's going to Ayrshire and scoring 5 goals and another 3 points banked before the winter sets in. Same number of points as Cumbernauld. Over all at this early stage the Candy are hanging right in there along with our fellow Central League promotees from last season, Rossvale and Benburb.  Well done to the 3 promoted teams. With 3 promotion places up for grabs if wouldn't be a shock if one or more of the 3 grab a place in the top league.

Well played on Saturday , you guys thoroughly deserved the win. Cheers to all the boys who came down, created a bit of an atmosphere and lots of banter back and forth.
I would say on that showing you will be sitting comfortably at the end of the season. Hopefully we can pick up in the next few games to consolidate.
All the best!

T

Important game on Saturday for the Roch boys,i reckon 3 points,taking the tally to 13 will ensure theres no flirting with relegation even at this early stage of the season.Infact a win should ease any nerves and allow the team to relax and start taking scalps of more fancied teams above.Could be a very interesting year for my friends at the Candy.Good luck lads.

3 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Important game on Saturday for the Roch boys,i reckon 3 points,taking the tally to 13 will ensure theres no flirting with relegation even at this early stage of the season.Infact a win should ease any nerves and allow the team to relax and start taking scalps of more fancied teams above.Could be a very interesting year for my friends at the Candy.Good luck lads.

Thanks mate - hopefully we get a wee visit to you guys again soon 

7 hours ago, Viewparker said:

Just saw the improvements at JMP  the Larkhall end is looking well. 

Ha the Larkhall End 

You just gave me an idea though .... 

In 1922 when we won the Scottish Cup the well and rightly celebrated Jimmy McGrory scored one of the goals .

The other was scored by Johnny Rollo who went on to play for Rangers - you may have just contributed to the idea to name the new Johnny Rollo stand when it is complete 

Cheers VP :)

On 02/09/2018 at 14:24, Glenconner said:

Fair play to St Roch's going to Ayrshire and scoring 5 goals and another 3 points banked before the winter sets in. Same number of points as Cumbernauld. Over all at this early stage the Candy are hanging right in there along with our fellow Central League promotees from last season, Rossvale and Benburb.  Well done to the 3 promoted teams. With 3 promotion places up for grabs if wouldn't be a shock if one or more of the 3 grab a place in the top league.

Us at neilston hv started not too bad either 

jist shows Huw gd the central 1st can be very tough league 

38 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Ha the Larkhall End 

You just gave me an idea though .... 

In 1922 when we won the Scottish Cup the well and rightly celebrated Jimmy McGrory scored one of the goals .

The other was scored by Johnny Rollo who went on to play for Rangers - you may have just contributed to the idea to name the new Johnny Rollo stand when it is complete 

Cheers VP :)

And just like the SFA you will leave it uncovered 

12 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Thanks mate - hopefully we get a wee visit to you guys again soon 

It was the performance of St Rochs at Beechwood that got me following your results,i  thought the team had potential the way they worked for each other,gave Talbot respect but got right on to them,one of the best away team displays at Auchinleck last season.

Very very poor today but I guess with an entire back 4 out today and 2 other regulars out it was always gonna be one of them days .
You take the good and the bad in this game and I can honestly say that Craigmark were worth the 3 pts .
So we roll into the home of our noisy neighbours next week for derby day and tbh they are firm favourites for this one but football can be a funny old game and hopefully it is next week and we take the points .