21stcenturyboy

St. Roch's F.C.
No Teamline Uploaded.
No. Player
1 John Stark
2 Paul Tierney
77 Edward Ferns
4 Dean Kindlan
15 Martin Maguire  yellow_card.gif  sub_out.gif ( Kieran Martin - 80')
23 Thomas Hanlon  yellow_card.gif
14 Robert Maguire  yellow_card.gif  sub_out.gif ( Ross Dickson - 80')
8 Kieran Daw  yellow_card.gif
9 Stephen McDonald  yellow_card.gif  red_card.gif
5 Stephen Bryson
11 Jordan Logan  goal.gif  yellow_card.gif
Substitutes
29 Ross Dickson  sub_in.gif ( Robert Maguire - 80')
10 Kieran Martin  sub_in.gif ( Martin Maguire - 80')
44 Jamie McGuire
92 Anthony O'Kane
18 Jordan Brown

Cambuslang Rangers F.C.

Cambuslang Rangers F.C.
No Teamline Uploaded.
No. Player
1 Christopher Treacy
2 Ryan Mackey  yellow_card.gif
3 William Easton
4 Jamie Kane
5 Simon Marriott  yellow_card.gif
6 Shaun Rouse
7 Daniel McGinnes  goal.gif  yellow_card.gif  sub_out.gif ( Zaki Djoudi - 78')
8 Greg Ian James Mcewan  sub_out.gif ( Jack Sunstream - 82')
9 Ryan Barrett
10 Craig McLeish
11 Connor John Murning Cowan  goal.gif
Substitutes
14 Ross Campbell
15 Jack Sunstream  sub_in.gif ( Greg Ian James Mcewan - 82')
16 Zaki Djoudi  sub_in.gif ( Daniel McGinnes - 78')
17 William Mcelholm

1-1 Doon at Kello today
An enjoyable game played in lovely conditions nothing better than the sun on your back and it's been a while since wee saw that .
Had numerous chances to win it and would have deserved the 3 points but that's football sometimes you get the breaks other times you don't.
Fantastic wee day out tho great scenery and nice little ground and the locals were friendly enough so no complaints from me

1-1 Doon at Kello today
An enjoyable game played in lovely conditions nothing better than the sun on your back and it's been a while since wee saw that .
Had numerous chances to win it and would have deserved the 3 points but that's football sometimes you get the breaks other times you don't.
Fantastic wee day out tho great scenery and nice little ground and the locals were friendly enough so no complaints from me
It's a tidy wee ground and very good hospitality after the game. Nice people at Kello, we're down there next week.

Enjoyed my day out down there although the drive down not so much. The locals were a lot more friendly than most and their onion pies  were fantastic. The big keeper frightened the life out of me before the game but had a good bit of banter with him, nice big fella.

We could have nicked it at the death but I thought it would have been a wee bit unfair on the home side who I thought deserved their point. Team is a bit flat just now, it’s end of season stuff with nothing to play for (hopefully). 

Great guesure by the players to pay for the supporters bus to Larkhall bit since that game was postponed we use the money to pay for our bus for Darvel next week .
It's lovely to know the players appreciate our support in the same way we appreciate there efforts in the jersey [emoji106]

One club one team one support [emoji172]

On 30/03/2019 at 22:00, glensmad said:
On 30/03/2019 at 18:03, griffiti on the wall said:
1-1 Doon at Kello today

It's a tidy wee ground and very good hospitality after the game. Nice people at Kello, we're down there next week.

10-1!!!

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Great guesure by the players to pay for the supporters bus to Larkhall bit since that game was postponed we use the money to pay for our bus for Darvel next week .
It's lovely to know the players appreciate our support in the same way we appreciate there efforts in the jersey emoji106.png

One club one team one support emoji172.png

Superb by your squad, looking forward to welcoming you guys to recreation park next week, should be a cracker and a fair crowd as well.

Superb by your squad, looking forward to welcoming you guys to recreation park next week, should be a cracker and a fair crowd as well.
Looking forward to it myself never been to recreation park and love visiting a new ground .
we have probably got you guys at the wrong time as your in right good form so might be a long 90 mins lol .
Just hope we don't get stuck in the traffic with everyone going to Ayr for the Scottish grand national

16 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Looking forward to it myself never been to recreation park and love visiting a new ground .
we have probably got you guys at the wrong time as your in right good form so might be a long 90 mins lol .
Just hope we don't get stuck in the traffic with everyone going to Ayr for the Scottish grand national

Be good to see my mate down at Darvel Next weekend If he’s no on holiday ....

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Bar will be open from 12 so you can arrive early and miss the traffic:thumsup2

• 3 weeks later...

A summer sky and if all roads lead to the football it wasn’t to JMcG park. On a day where a lot of the candy faithful went to the big club to pay their respects to one of their own, I took my old man to a place he understands and enjoys. You can pay tribute in many ways. A reef and flowers and a song and just being there, remembering someone who gave you so much even though he never knew you. To remember someone who made people in this area that they could do well and they were worth something. To tell these people that they were not just as good as others but they could be the best. Regardless of rivalries I think of these old players from history as the beacons of their time. The names from my past, Billy McNeill and John Greig being the big glasgow heroes. Each lifting a European trophy and putting glasgow in the football map. I saw some great tributes to BMcN this week and it reminded me of the power and social impact of this game. I took my auld big man yesterday and shared a few hours with him. If you still have the chance to share some time with someone you love then do it. RIP Billy. #centrebacksunion.

There are games that lift you up and leave your mind spinning as you dissect the day and make method of the madness. We have been lucky as Candy Fans and I have written about these with joy, explaining my feelings and trying to paint the colours and noises and smells and sights or a sensory overload that gives A Day at the Candy everything we love. This wasn’t one of those days. The writing helps me process the emotions and hopefully allows others a wee insight into the day and to take a cheeky wee sip from the Candy cup and taste the day as I see it. My candy cup this morning isn’t even half full... it has at the bottom, an old splash of cold tea that you chuck down the sink before washing the cup.... it is the last wee warm dregs in the bottom of can that you can’t put straight in the bin without it annoying the life out of you and soaking and dribbling... leaving an annoying trail that requires some action before you are able to move on. I’ll write this and it should be my action and I’ll be ready for Wednesday.... if there is an equal and opposite for everything in the universe then having enjoyed our great times then we were due this. With an end of season feel about it, sunny skies and sparsely sprinkled supporters, this game for too long had a feel of nothing, no importance, no intensity, no good play, no passing, no pressure, no real banter and a bit of a bore. We went in one nil up after Logie fires a low daisy cutter through a crowd into the far corner. The Neilston Nine did well and showed some good movement and skill, a little bit imperious at times and if he learns the skills to time his runs and be cute will develop. A word for the Neilston manager who having saw him flagged offside whilst looking along the line, didn’t sink to the abuse of the linesman as do so many junior watchers, but nipped the nine’s ear and gave him a little reminder about looking along the line and holding his run. I was impressed. People moan at linesmen and refs and some can attribute their faults to them. The ref got some stick yesterday for their second half penalty award at 1-1. “Should huv stoapped the gemme fur that heed knock”... when really we should have been commenting on the rash attempt at a block which resulted in a hand ball and a 12 yard winner (well dispatched penalty by the way). We looked lethargic and slow and devoid of ideas, quality and urgency. It was only after they went 2-1 up that we moved into second gear, but we were so poor and slow before this that it was always going to be hard to step up and go. They were comfortable till the end and I don’t think anyone could begrudge them their win.

As I stood by the tunnel and watched their players go in, one of their padded jacket earring fans/committee said to me “I can’t remember us having got a good result here for ages”. It was no surprise to me... nor indeed did I feel that anyone , other than the agitated and vocal yellow jacketted club house steward Stephen and a few auld boys on the side terrace, we bothered. It had the feel of an end of season game for a strange league who have no fans but who are playing on a junior park.... like one of those games you stumble across on a summers day that you stay and watch but it bores the balls off you. The only saving grace was some good banter with GOTW and God’s Servant On Earth, The Candy Christian Chaplin, who as well as being the only man with holy orders was the only man with bar orders as he sunk a half and lamented our apathetic display. GOTW summed it up with 2 minutes to go as he turned to GSOE and said “even your boss couldn’t save us now”. It was Easter time but the Candy Roch stayed in place at the tomb opening. Nothing had risen, let alone my interest. We head off to promoted Glencairn on Wednesday then Girvan on Saturday. I hope these Double G fixtures give the lads a GeeGee up and we perform a bit better. We are the Candy and we will forever hope....

Don’t beat your eyes up for seeing the truth... whilst this season has been our most successful for years with a big league campaign and decent cup runs, we are left lamenting the simple fixes that could have seen us do so much better. Who will stay and who will move on? Who will you be happy to see go? Who really has to go? We all have our facts/opinions. The eventual final Candy canvass of this season when you look at it is a picture of “a decent season”. This is not the fault of the management or committee. I had good chats with the powers that be before the game yesterday and a picture was painted in stark black and white. Like a cultured art critic I can see pictures like that for what they are. Others can’t. Our problem is that we can only paint a picture with the paint we have. If the paint wants to dilute itself with bad behaviour, Ill discipline and lack of commitment then the artist is never going to create a masterpiece. Some of the good paints cost money we don’t have so I think we may be painting in monotone for a while. I am happy with that and would rather have a nice simple picture to look at than a miss mash of bright colours that are running all over the canvas. Know what you want and know what you can do well. I just hope that we can add to the palate and I look forward to a little bit of Candy colour in the team soon.

A flat day for the football but I enjoyed the chats and laughs and being able to take my dad out again. We all share something in football and even if it isn’t the best, even if it doesn’t thrill and excite, it gives you what it always does.. a chance to be there and a chance to think and share. There is something about that, as every flower at the feet of Big Billy’s statue proves. Regardless of the result and performance yesterday, I am glad and lucky we were there.

Mon the Candy!
MTC! [emoji517][emoji460]️[emoji172][emoji106]

A summer sky and if all roads lead to the football it wasn’t to JMcG park. On a day where a lot of the candy faithful went to the big club to pay their respects to one of their own, I took my old man to a place he understands and enjoys. You can pay tribute in many ways. A reef and flowers and a song and just being there, remembering someone who gave you so much even though he never knew you. To remember someone who made people in this area that they could do well and they were worth something. To tell these people that they were not just as good as others but they could be the best. Regardless of rivalries I think of these old players from history as the beacons of their time. The names from my past, Billy McNeill and John Greig being the big glasgow heroes. Each lifting a European trophy and putting glasgow in the football map. I saw some great tributes to BMcN this week and it reminded me of the power and social impact of this game. I took my auld big man yesterday and shared a few hours with him. If you still have the chance to share some time with someone you love then do it. RIP Billy. #centrebacksunion.

There are games that lift you up and leave your mind spinning as you dissect the day and make method of the madness. We have been lucky as Candy Fans and I have written about these with joy, explaining my feelings and trying to paint the colours and noises and smells and sights or a sensory overload that gives A Day at the Candy everything we love. This wasn’t one of those days. The writing helps me process the emotions and hopefully allows others a wee insight into the day and to take a cheeky wee sip from the Candy cup and taste the day as I see it. My candy cup this morning isn’t even half full... it has at the bottom, an old splash of cold tea that you chuck down the sink before washing the cup.... it is the last wee warm dregs in the bottom of can that you can’t put straight in the bin without it annoying the life out of you and soaking and dribbling... leaving an annoying trail that requires some action before you are able to move on. I’ll write this and it should be my action and I’ll be ready for Wednesday.... if there is an equal and opposite for everything in the universe then having enjoyed our great times then we were due this. With an end of season feel about it, sunny skies and sparsely sprinkled supporters, this game for too long had a feel of nothing, no importance, no intensity, no good play, no passing, no pressure, no real banter and a bit of a bore. We went in one nil up after Logie fires a low daisy cutter through a crowd into the far corner. The Neilston Nine did well and showed some good movement and skill, a little bit imperious at times and if he learns the skills to time his runs and be cute will develop. A word for the Neilston manager who having saw him flagged offside whilst looking along the line, didn’t sink to the abuse of the linesman as do so many junior watchers, but nipped the nine’s ear and gave him a little reminder about looking along the line and holding his run. I was impressed. People moan at linesmen and refs and some can attribute their faults to them. The ref got some stick yesterday for their second half penalty award at 1-1. “Should huv stoapped the gemme fur that heed knock”... when really we should have been commenting on the rash attempt at a block which resulted in a hand ball and a 12 yard winner (well dispatched penalty by the way). We looked lethargic and slow and devoid of ideas, quality and urgency. It was only after they went 2-1 up that we moved into second gear, but we were so poor and slow before this that it was always going to be hard to step up and go. They were comfortable till the end and I don’t think anyone could begrudge them their win.

As I stood by the tunnel and watched their players go in, one of their padded jacket earring fans/committee said to me “I can’t remember us having got a good result here for ages”. It was no surprise to me... nor indeed did I feel that anyone , other than the agitated and vocal yellow jacketted club house steward Stephen and a few auld boys on the side terrace, we bothered. It had the feel of an end of season game for a strange league who have no fans but who are playing on a junior park.... like one of those games you stumble across on a summers day that you stay and watch but it bores the balls off you. The only saving grace was some good banter with GOTW and God’s Servant On Earth, The Candy Christian Chaplin, who as well as being the only man with holy orders was the only man with bar orders as he sunk a half and lamented our apathetic display. GOTW summed it up with 2 minutes to go as he turned to GSOE and said “even your boss couldn’t save us now”. It was Easter time but the Candy Roch stayed in place at the tomb opening. Nothing had risen, let alone my interest. We head off to promoted Glencairn on Wednesday then Girvan on Saturday. I hope these Double G fixtures give the lads a GeeGee up and we perform a bit better. We are the Candy and we will forever hope....

Don’t beat your eyes up for seeing the truth... whilst this season has been our most successful for years with a big league campaign and decent cup runs, we are left lamenting the simple fixes that could have seen us do so much better. Who will stay and who will move on? Who will you be happy to see go? Who really has to go? We all have our facts/opinions. The eventual final Candy canvass of this season when you look at it is a picture of “a decent season”. This is not the fault of the management or committee. I had good chats with the powers that be before the game yesterday and a picture was painted in stark black and white. Like a cultured art critic I can see pictures like that for what they are. Others can’t. Our problem is that we can only paint a picture with the paint we have. If the paint wants to dilute itself with bad behaviour, Ill discipline and lack of commitment then the artist is never going to create a masterpiece. Some of the good paints cost money we don’t have so I think we may be painting in monotone for a while. I am happy with that and would rather have a nice simple picture to look at than a miss mash of bright colours that are running all over the canvas. Know what you want and know what you can do well. I just hope that we can add to the palate and I look forward to a little bit of Candy colour in the team soon.

A flat day for the football but I enjoyed the chats and laughs and being able to take my dad out again. We all share something in football and even if it isn’t the best, even if it doesn’t thrill and excite, it gives you what it always does.. a chance to be there and a chance to think and share. There is something about that, as every flower at the feet of Big Billy’s statue proves. Regardless of the result and performance yesterday, I am glad and lucky we were there.

Mon the Candy!
MTC! [emoji517][emoji460]️[emoji172][emoji106]

Great post as usual kinky and I look forward to seeing you both on Wednesday night [emoji106]