St Roch"s 2018/19

21stcenturyboy

What’s happened to the reports from Kinky, not that I’m complaining about your , Graffiti 
Agreed I'm a poor version of our man kinky but due to work commitments sadly the big fella and his fantastic way with words has only been to 1 game so far this season and the group is a lot poorer for it .

How did the collection for the foodbank go. I know you got a bag from the Darvel Shamrock 
Was a fair bit m8 when I dropped mine off so hopefully we done really well will update when I hear more .
Please send our thanks and love to the Darvel Shamrock for there donation it would have been much appreciated

How did the collection for the foodbank go. I know you got a bag from the Darvel Shamrock 
Message from Billy Reid
Who organised the foodbank drive on behalf of the charity and St Rochs FC

To everyone associated with StRochsJuniors many many thanks for the incredible response to St Catherine's Cadogan St, St kitchen appeal. As a parishioner & Candy fan, it was truly humbling to see that response from our community. God bless.

On 10/5/2018 at 18:29, griffiti on the wall said:

Another player going out of St Rochs on loan is Jordan Rennie to Thorniewood.
Hopefully the big fella gets much needed game time and a few goals to while at Thorniewood

Jordan made his debut today for Thorniewood and scored our first goal in a 4-1 win over Annbank 

Yes defeat today at whitletts and probably deserved tho we missed chances at crucial stages which hurt us .

I could discuss the game but I think we all need a reality check

We have the smallest budget in the league and while we fill the coffers of many a tinpot club with there handful of supporters with a support which is a big as any in the grade we can't compete with these clubs in terms of sponsorship and social clubs .

The gaffer has been performing miracles since the day he arrived and this is the most successful candy side in a generation but we need investment to push on and cant keep expecting him to work with a shoestring budget and getting success.

We are in a battle but the one thing that I can guarantee you is that the candy support will be there every week to back the team and if the players match our heart then it's a battle we will win .

Keep the faith MTC

Not many clubs in our league have social clubs tbh and those that do will probably tell you that they don't get much money from them. Sponsorship is the biggest thing. If you can find one or two backers to invest in the committees vision for the club you are doing well. 

One thing about this league is no game is a given and I think anyone could take points off anyone else on the day,including the teams at the top who are doing well and the bottom who are still looking for points

At the game yesterday and tbh I would say a game of missed chances and poor defending at set pieces for the candy. 2 chances in the first half that could change the game and a missed  penalty in the second half at 2-1. Chances have to be taken or it bites you on the arse. Other than the two giants of centre halfs whittlets not much of a threat, that said  the number 9 was no bad . First half except from the 2 set pieces candy never really under much threat then in the second half never really got going. I expect other teams that are more clinical will take points from them as they were cut open a few times at the back. The support the roch have is great and not many clubs have it but again need to be realistic in the sense that the club has just been promoted for the first time in how ever many years. This season was always going to be a big ask and staying in the league has to be the goal.

St Rochs bounced back with a 3-1 win against Girvan.

Hard to judge today's performance against a poor Girvan side but I guess the most important thing was the 3 points and getting back to winning ways .

The game started well for the candy taking an early lead from a fantastic strike by kieran Martin and candy looking good but bad habits are hard to break and once again they came to the fore .

Another set piece against us and another headed goal despite Girvan not being your typical Ayrshire giants then in a moment of madness we concede a penalty and go down to 10 men.

A nothing ball going out for a goal kick sees our keeper charge out like a bull in a China shop and try a big stupid barge on there player which results in a free kick , from that set piece nobody puts there foot through the ball and clears it so it lands at there player who hits the post then our centre half makes the save of the day from the rebound.

Penalty and red card follow but thankfully we get a bit of luck and the keeper makes amends by saving the resulting spot kick .

Minutes later some brilliant build up play finds ferns in a great position and he cooly slots candy 2-1 up .

The second half I was expecting to be under siege but candy found there passing game and despite the ever excellent biscuit adding to our lead it really could and should have been 5 or 6 in the end to the candy as Girvan failed to land a glove never mind a punch on the candy.

So despite my frustrations at the bad habits we showed in the first half the team deserve credit for a much improved second half performance.

A welcome break next week from league duty as we welcome the spiders from Dundee in what should be an intreging cup tie in the Scottish cup .

Had a good chat with Kennie today at the game

I really like his style going to different games and being approachable.

I just wanted to tell him that I thought he was doing a good job and how much easier it's been for the supporters club to get things arranged in advance.

Ended up chatting about a few different things but the thing that struck me was his open and honest approach and replies to the questions asked and how it's clear he has the club's and the game at heart.

So once again Kennie keep the good work and thank you.

Griffith
as part of the girvan group
would say your account of match
just about bang on .
from a position of strength
with an opportunity to go 2 1 up with a penalty and st Rochs down to 10 men
from that moment on
we were very disappointing
didn't seem we had a man extra.
however we will continue to scrap for points in the battle at the bottom .

Good result for Candy,,if only they could string 2-3 wins together in that league,although i know their some fine teams to come up against.Are the boys a wee bit inconsistant or finding it a  step up in class,anyway i hope  St Rochs win in the big cup next week,all the best from Beechwood way.

Griffith
as part of the girvan group
would say your account of match
just about bang on .
from a position of strength
with an opportunity to go 2 1 up with a penalty and st Rochs down to 10 men
from that moment on
we were very disappointing
didn't seem we had a man extra.
however we will continue to scrap for points in the battle at the bottom .

Agreed m8 your heads seemed to drop from that moment but had you scored then could have been a completely different game.
It's a tough league and everyone will take points from everyone including off those up at the top end of table but the one thing that's very evident is that if you make mistakes you tend to get punished and yesterday we got out jail

Good result for Candy,,if only they could string 2-3 wins together in that league,although i know their some fine teams to come up against.Are the boys a wee bit inconsistant or finding it a  step up in class,anyway i hope  St Rochs win in the big cup next week,all the best from Beechwood way.
A bit of both
Personally I think set pieces are our downfall add that to defensive mistakes then in this league you get punished .
The other side of the coin is I don't think anyone in the division is much better than us and we can beat anyone on our day but we need to cut out the mistakes to give ourselves a chance .
Thanks for that a cup run would be nice so if we get through hopefully we avoid you lads at Talbot lol and good luck yourselves but I'm sure you will be there or there abouts again come cup final day .