St Roch"s 2018/19

21stcenturyboy

34 minutes ago, Rochstar1920 said:
38 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:
Found something else that might interest you and its the Candy playing in the final of the Smyllum & Langbank Cup on the 25th June 1951 at Petershill Park. St Rochs beat the Ants in their semi game. I can't find any mention on the final as this was a Monday night.

Please post the link if you have it. The club are trying to get as much info together as possible in the lead up to the centenary year.

Its only a fixtures list for the Monday night but I will send it and anything else I can find.

25 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Found something else that might interest you and its the Candy playing in the final of the Smyllum & Langbank Cup on the 25th June 1951 at Petershill Park. St Rochs beat the Ants in their semi game. I can't find any mention on the final as this was a Monday night.

BG,  did you come across any joint football special trains being advertised. My old man used to mention a trip to Dundee for a St Roch’s Junior cup tie. Clyde were playing at the same time on Tayside and the railways put on a Special train for both sets of supporters. On the present day Tesco Springburn site was the old St Rollox station that you entered beside the Caley Railway Works on Springburn Rd. That’s were the Candy crowd left from. Only thing is i don’t know the year or who the Candy played  to cross check it with Clyde. 

Just now, Glenconner said:

BG,  did you come across any joint football special trains being advertised. My old man used to mention a trip to Dundee for a St Roch’s Junior cup tie. Clyde were playing at the same time on Tayside and the railways put on a Special train for both sets of supporters. On the present day Tesco Springburn site was the old St Rollox station that you entered beside the Caley Railway Works on Springburn Rd. That’s were the Candy crowd left from. Only thing is i don’t know the year or who the Candy played  to cross check it with Clyde. 

I have put Rochstar onto a link, if he finds it and your genuinely interested in St Roch's history then PM him. Hope it helps you gather a good bit of Candy info.

36 minutes ago, Rochstar1920 said:
4 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:
I have put Rochstar onto a link, if he finds it and your genuinely interested in St Roch's history then PM him. Hope it helps you gather a good bit of Candy info.

The message is there but wont let me into the message just now.

PM'd you again hope you get it

Looking forward to Neilston on Saturday which if going by previous meetings will be another battle .
A slow start to the season but this will be a step by step season as the gaffer goes about building another team his 4th in the time he has been there which is testimony to how good the gaffer has been for the football club and that despite limited resources he continues to build teams which can complete and challenge at the level we are in.
The re-signing of bull and the capture of Eddie ferns are brilliant signings and I'm really looking forward to watching them once they get a few games under there belts .

Looking forward to Neilston on Saturday which if going by previous meetings will be another battle .
A slow start to the season but this will be a step by step season as the gaffer goes about building another team his 4th in the time he has been there which is testimony to how good the gaffer has been for the football club and that despite limited resources he continues to build teams which can complete and challenge at the level we are in.
The re-signing of bull and the capture of Eddie ferns are brilliant signings and I'm really looking forward to watching them once they get a few games under there belts .

Every season we need to build and improve our playing staff and they need to gel and settle in with each other. Also discipline plays a big part too. Onwards and upwards.

Every season we need to build and improve our playing staff and they need to gel and settle in with each other. Also discipline plays a big part too. Onwards and upwards.
Absolutely and I think fans need to understand as well that we can't you go an buy guys on top dollar in the top division we need to find diamonds in the rough to a certain extent then like you say mould and gel a team out of that .
We will be fine this season and will win more than we lose .
Discipline your spot on and it must crack the gaffer and stevie up
Saturday was a prime example you work hard all week in training on different aspects of match day and the whole thing is ruined by the keeper who calls the linesman a Dick you can't compensate for that m8

7 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Eddie top bloke and great signing for you lot 

Doing a bit of research and maybe one of you boys could help. Talbot travelled to St Rochs in a West of Scotland Rnd1 match on the 15th September 1964  where the "Candy" were up 3-0 but the game was abandoned due to the weather. The replay was set for the 12th December but was postponed so the replay took place on the 4th of January 1965 with Talbot winning 3-1. I have checked my records and Talbot played league games and one Ayrshire Cup game every Saturday up until April. As other clubs were playing 4th round ties by then is there a chance a protest was lodged? I met an old St Roch supporter at your last visit to Auchinleck and he was looking for the same information.

Doing a bit of research and maybe one of you boys could help. Talbot travelled to St Rochs in a West of Scotland Rnd1 match on the 15th September 1964  where the "Candy" were up 3-0 but the game was abandoned due to the weather. The replay was set for the 12th December but was postponed so the replay took place on the 4th of January 1965 with Talbot winning 3-1. I have checked my records and Talbot played league games and one Ayrshire Cup game every Saturday up until April. As other clubs were playing 4th round ties by then is there a chance a protest was lodged? I met an old St Roch supporter at your last visit to Auchinleck and he was looking for the same information.
I will put it out there
Jim Friel is our club historian with a fantastic knowledge of everything St Rochs so next home game if he attends
I will ask him