St Roch"s 2018/19

21stcenturyboy

1 minute ago, Glenconner said:

So Peter Flynn was correct yesterday when he mentioned Dennistoun Waverley. Although maybe he was playing in the game.

There was a P Flynn at right back.

The scorers were McCabe 9 and Henderson. It was 7-0 at h-t.

see here; https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2mus-XyGPC0C&dat=19561124&printsec=frontpage&hl=en

page 3

23 hours ago, Viewparker said:

Hope you continue to make many more positive posts on this forum. It’s quite evocative seeing the names of so many teams we have lost in the junior game. One of my first memories  was at Haghill Park watching the Waverley. 

If you add in Shawfield Jnrs, Strathclyde, Bridgeton Waverley, Parkhead Jnrs, Maryhill Harp and Duntocher Hibs you can see how local it all was even without leaving the city.

2 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Don't think originally they were before the Scottish Junior Cup incident in 1970 when without any of the Old Firm playing the same Saturday, (think the Celtic game at Dundee was called off at lunchtime with all sorts of supporters buses deciding, let's go and watch this)  8000 turned up and the Chief Constable of the then Lanarkshire Police described it as his most deplorable day policing football in 40 years. 

Btw, in today's money an 8000 crowd would generate something like £36,000 based on paying punters split 50/50 between adults and concessions.

That is true.

By my reckoning that is St Rochs 3rd victory over the Jags, with all the rest, apart from the odd draw, going the Jags way.

2 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I find it sad that Larkhall don't bring any real support to JMP for whatever reason but tbh not many clubs do and yet despite most of the shite written on here it's a very friendly place and folk would enjoy a day out at the football ground .
Yesterday our hospitality guy soon as he arrived asked where the Larkhall committee was like he does every home game to ensure away club officials are looked after but sadly I have not seen this replicated at other grounds but that's maybe cos we are not a committee type of club and our committee will be found on the terraces and not with the suit and tie brigade.

Lots of supporters experience from lots of clubs would disagree with you.

17 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
23 minutes ago, larkyforever said:
Lots of supporters experience from lots of clubs would disagree with you.

I would say when was the last time these people attended our ground I would wager it was a long time ago

I would wager the Kilwinning boys from last year would disagree with you, and I dont think Wishaw and Thorniewood were too impressed either, nor Cambuslang.

I would wager the Kilwinning boys from last year would disagree with you, and I dont think Wishaw and Thorniewood were too impressed either, nor Cambuslang.
I was at the Kilwinning game and the behaviour of both sets of fans let the game down that day .
As for Wishaw Thorniewood and Cambuslang I would respectfully say that's nonsense as never been any issue with those clubs or fans at JMP in fact the Wishaw lads were very complimentary after we won promotion against them last season .
It's easy to say aye they are all bad yins when you have never been to the ground but if you do come along chat to folk have a beer or a tea together you would be surprised how many have more in common with you and a love for the junior game than you had previously imagined.

30 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I was at the Kilwinning game and the behaviour of both sets of fans let the game down that day .
As for Wishaw Thorniewood and Cambuslang I would respectfully say that's nonsense as never been any issue with those clubs or fans at JMP in fact the Wishaw lads were very complimentary after we won promotion against them last season .
It's easy to say aye they are all bad yins when you have never been to the ground but if you do come along chat to folk have a beer or a tea together you would be surprised how many have more in common with you and a love for the junior game than you had previously imagined.

Been to Provanmill Park many times before you appeared on the scene and experienced lots of stuff first hand. As to the other clubs, I was referring to incidents at THEIR grounds which were well aired on these forums.

Been to Provanmill Park many times before you appeared on the scene and experienced lots of stuff first hand. As to the other clubs, I was referring to incidents at THEIR grounds which were well aired on these forums.
Other than one incident at Wishaw there was no incidents at either thorniewood or Cambuslang.
Look you can only offer an olive branch if you want to stay in the house when your team is playing that's your call but me I will be there following the candy every game

I cannae say we thought it was a fantastic experience mate in fact I will be glad no to go back 
You clearly took offence at whisky in the jar and another couple of Irish songs that says far more about you than it does us .
I could have Brought up the behaviour of the wee fannies that you brought with you drunk by the way and they were not old enough to be drinking but I felt that would be unfair as it's not your club's fault.

36 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I cannae say we thought it was a fantastic experience mate in fact I will be glad no to go back 

Mind you said that St Roch's beating Darvel was a fluke? And also that Darvel would be contenders this season? You must be wee sit sore now, eh? 

So sore in fact that you are letting your bigotry get the better of you? It's rather sad that weeks after coming up to James McGrory Park that you are still carrying around this vandetta. Tickles me pink thinking of you stewing down in the deepest bowels of Ayrshire and being upset over some innocuous tunes that you wrongly labelled as rebel music.

Wish you all the bad luck in the world going forward this season. Whether you like it or not St Roch's are moving up the junior ranks so you will just have to get used to it. Up the Candy. 

Edited by Homelessglasgow

You clearly took offence at whisky in the jar and another couple of Irish songs that says far more about you than it does us .
I could have Brought up the behaviour of the wee fannies that you brought with you drunk by the way and they were not old enough to be drinking but I felt that would be unfair as it's not your club's fault.

Same wee dicks were at Whitletts yesterday, about 15yo jumping about full of the mad dog. Two of them actually apologised to a couple of our fans at ht because even they were embarrassed by their pish.

Same wee dicks were at Whitletts yesterday, about 15yo jumping about full of the mad dog. Two of them actually apologised to a couple of our fans at ht because even they were embarrassed by their pish.
That would be them
The Darvel ultras hahaha but the fact is they come down with the supporters /club bus and nobody seems in control of them and the fact they are drunk does not seem to bother there older fans or committee

They took offence as one of the older fans as soon as he walked into the ground told them he wand a good old rendition of the sash. The bitterness and hatred is clear from them.

So I’ve  red most this thread as I did last year and the way I see it or read it lol when Darvel played st rochs,  the guy who plays the tunes played 3-4 tunes which seem harmless ok but each are sung by the brigade with different words,so why wouldn’t opposition fans think they were rebel tunes? Maybe the dj knew what he was playing and he knew the words can be changed lol