St Roch"s 2018/19

21stcenturyboy

Record league defeat at St Rochs, of all places- a team , I think, who have beaten us 3 times in 60 years including yesterday, whilst we must have at least 20 victories over them in

that time.

I love that line st rochs,of all places that's how I know they are hurting after yesterday and rightly so despite some strange people on here saying not to gloat or Larkhall are rotten if you can't enjoy beating one of your rivals or being gutted losing to them then the baw is burst .

I think a few folk on here follow a team cos there son or some other family relation plays there but they come and go to other clubs but for us guys who follow our teams every week of every year home and away then victories and rivalries are there to be celebrated

Outside of a bounce game it would a long long time since the Candy scored 9 goals in a competitive match. Veteran Peter Flynn was quoting the 1950s!!! at yesterday's game. So fair play to the lads. Interested to know if it's true or not that St Roch's in almost a 100 years have never won in Larkhall.

Edited by Glenconner

Fantastic result and performance yesterday at JMP .
Some of the football and the goals were a joy to behold as we inflicted Larkhall's highest ever league defeat on them .
What was especially pleasing was the team did not let up and like a lion hunting it's pray they just kept going knowing that a memorable result was on the cards .
Next week sees a far tougher test against Dalry but a game we now go into with our tails up and high on confidence.
9-2 they will be talking about that result in the Garngad for many a year to come .

You got Larkhall at the right time,well done lads,we are in transition and it looks like it will be like that for a while,but we roll up our sleeves and get on with it

Big test coming up at home next week with the visit of Dalry Thistle. Hopefully another good crowd and we take something out the game to move us clear from the relegation orbit. Obviously going to be hard at this level to gain anything away from home so a point or three at home matters.

23 hours ago, glensmad said:

Why are Larkhall Thistle rivals for St Roch's ?

Don't think originally they were before the Scottish Junior Cup incident in 1970 when without any of the Old Firm playing the same Saturday, (think the Celtic game at Dundee was called off at lunchtime with all sorts of supporters buses deciding, let's go and watch this)  8000 turned up and the Chief Constable of the then Lanarkshire Police described it as his most deplorable day policing football in 40 years. 

Btw, in today's money an 8000 crowd would generate something like £36,000 based on paying punters split 50/50 between adults and concessions.

I find it sad that Larkhall don't bring any real support to JMP for whatever reason but tbh not many clubs do and yet despite most of the shite written on here it's a very friendly place and folk would enjoy a day out at the football ground .
Yesterday our hospitality guy soon as he arrived asked where the Larkhall committee was like he does every home game to ensure away club officials are looked after but sadly I have not seen this replicated at other grounds but that's maybe cos we are not a committee type of club and our committee will be found on the terraces and not with the suit and tie brigade.

9 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Thanks for that, sureitsza.

You anything on the last time St Roch's scored 9 in a competitive match.

League only

12 Feb 1921 H v Dennistoun Juniors 9-0

12 Mar 1921 H Busby Cartvale 10-1

12 Aug 1927 H v Pollok 9-0

24 Nov 1956 H v Dunnistoun Waverley 10-0

22 Aug 1960 H v Gourock 9-0

There was a 11-0 win H v Strathclyde in a Glasgow Junior Cup 2nd Round replay tie.

League only
There was a 11-0 win H v Strathclyde in a Glasgow Junior Cup 2nd Round replay tie.
Absolutely fantastic [emoji106]
Can I share this and what's your name so I can give you the credit

14 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I find it sad that Larkhall don't bring any real support to JMP for whatever reason but tbh not many clubs do and yet despite most of the shite written on here it's a very friendly place and folk would enjoy a day out at the football ground .
Yesterday our hospitality guy soon as he arrived asked where the Larkhall committee was like he does every home game to ensure away club officials are looked after but sadly I have not seen this replicated at other grounds but that's maybe cos we are not a committee type of club and our committee will be found on the terraces and not with the suit and tie brigade.

I’d rather have a night with the toothache as go back to the JMP 

23 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Tbf, turning up with the team maybe 90 minutes before the start of the game isn't for everybody, committee or not. Can't think of a club that wouldn't offer you tea and sandwiches. On a personal note i'd rather spend a few quid at away grounds in the club pie and bovril stall.

23 hours ago, sureitsza said:

League only

So Peter Flynn was correct yesterday when he mentioned Dennistoun Waverley. Although maybe he was playing in the game.