St Roch"s 2018/19

21stcenturyboy

Guys 

Can I just say than one individuals opinion on the merits of a player based on his I'll founded knowledge (in my opinion) of the club we signed him has driven this "debate" 

We 100% respect all Junior Clubs equally 

Can we use this thread to discuss events at St Roch"s please?

Results

Saturday

Rob Roy 4 St Roch's 2 (R Maguire and Logan)

Sunday

St Roch's 5 Newmains 0 (Bryson. Martin, Daw, Glackin and Logan)

Thanks to Petershill who were very good hosts and well done to Rob Roy who won the tournament.

News

Work has started on 2 new enclosures at James Mc Grory Park - there is also work being done to the playing surface as we gear up to the new season.

Fixtures

Wednesday at 7.30 -- Colville Park away

Saturday at 2.00pm - Lochee Harp away - there are place available on the supporters bus

Looking forward to the new season ahead

Will it be tough ? Absolutely but it will also be enjoyable and exciting not to mention interesting as the step up allows many of us to visit grounds and places we have never ventured to before and all of that is what being a fan is all about so players come and players go but ultimately we are fans of the football club so on that note ..see you all on Saturday as we have a cracking pre season match up in Dundee against our friends from the north Lochee Harp

This week

Wednesday 

Colville Park 2 - St Roch's 1 

ST Roch's goal Jordan Brown

PS  Colville are top notch - best amateur team I have seen - football lesson for us - goal for the Candy - Jordan Brown

Today - we travelled to our good friends at Lochee Harp - final score was 6-2 to us 

Goals from Kieran Daw, Darren Maguire, Jordan Logan and a hat trikfor ex Royal Albert player Jordan Rennie 

Honestly some people should just shut the f**k up 

The boy took his goals well yesterday
In truth St Rochs far too good on the day and was a bit of a mismatch but for the fans it was a fantastic day out and lochee were absolutely superb hosts
Free entry and fans invited to share the Buffett with committee and players at full time which was appreciated by the candy faithful especially after a good few beers in the dundee sun .
Lochee harp went above and beyond to ensure we had a fantastic time and we thank them for there generosity,hospitality and friendship on the day .
Great club great people

On 17/07/2018 at 16:31, 21stcenturyboy said:

Results

Saturday

Rob Roy 4 St Roch's 2 (R Maguire and Logan)

Sunday

St Roch's 5 Newmains 0 (Bryson. Martin, Daw, Glackin and Logan)

Thanks to Petershill who were very good hosts and well done to Rob Roy who won the tournament.

News

Work has started on 2 new enclosures at James Mc Grory Park - there is also work being done to the playing surface as we gear up to the new season.

Fixtures

Wednesday at 7.30 -- Colville Park away

Saturday at 2.00pm - Lochee Harp away - there are place available on the supporters bus

Which part of the ground are the enclosures going up? 

On 12/07/2018 at 21:00, gogsy said:

Pity Larkhall Thistle  have basically won sod all in the juniors in the last sixty years. Royal Albert apart from one diddy league win last season have done sod all since they turned junior either.

Larkhall Thistles long and illustrious history far exceeds anything  achieved by a nouveau team like Kelty. It seems you know very little about the Junior game. Lots of clubs have ups and downs but have history, class , reputation and staying power. In our case, we;

are the oldest team in Scotland                                 

have put more players senior than any other club in Scotland

have produced more Scottish internationals than any other club in Scotland

have produced international players for the USA, England, Ireland and Australia also

have 50+ trophy wins including 2 Scottish Cups, plus 70 odd runner-up places

are the only team to have hosted a Junior Cup final.

Remind me, who are /were Kelty Hearts again?

Very disrectspectful to the Albert too, who have a history Kelty could only dream of, and who have spawned imitations in other leagues.

Edited by larkyforever
addition

Well yesterday the season officially started with a league cup tie against local rivals petershill .

Last season I disagreed with the gaffer after the peasy stuffed us 5-2 at James mcgrory park but the reality was we were both right . The manager said the match was not important and for him and his preparation for the season it was not as he has to give players game time try out systems, bed new players in and generally get the players ready for the league season but as fans we want to win every game and every defeat hurts no more so than against your rivals who having been lording it over the candy for decades.

So as yesterday arrived and with 5 1st team players missing I tried to bare all this in mind and accept that it might not be our day again at Petershill but I need not have worried as the team put on a fantastic performance and we beat the peasy for the 1st time in 27 years at there ground 3-1.

The game started well with both teams trying to get an early foothold and in fairness peasy creating the better chances but it was candy who took the lead from a Jordan logan goal his 88th competitive goal for st rochs and the candy went into the break 1-0 up .

The second half the Roch started far the better side and should have scored to go 2 up but they never let themselves get disheartened by that miss but instead broke again after some good football and won a penalty which was dispatched excellently by rab maguire.

That goal seemed to awake peasy from there slumber and they upped there game as they stared down the abyss. With about 20 mins to go they pulled one back after some lovely one touch football leaving there player a simple tap in. Cue the alamo but it never came as despite huffing and puffing the candy as a unit kept them at bay and looked in control indeed the candy were denied what can only be described as a stonewall penalty when the excellent mcgrachen was booted into the Springburn sky with the ref watching yet not giving the decision we all expected.

Candy went down to 10 men with a few minutes to go after mcmanus was sent off for a second yellow after what was a tired foul rather than a dirty foul.

As peasy pressed a candy clearance was chased in hope by mcgrachen and his preservence paid off as his presence created mayhem between peasy keeper and centre half and there poor clearance found dobbs of the candy just over the half way line and the lad expertly chipped the keeper from distance a la David Beckham to sent the big away support wild and see the 27 years hoodoo put to bed in style .

So as the ref blew for time up there was a feeling of joy pride and relief at winning the battle of the north derby only our 2nd win since 1981 .

Next stop another local derby this time Ashfield again the manager will be looking at players game time fitness, shapes and systems for the season ahead where as me a fan I just want to win .

This week

Results

Petershill 1 St Roch's 3 (Logan, R Maguire and Dobbs)

Ashfield 2 St Roch's 2 (Candy won 4-3 on penalties) (Tierney and  R Maguire

Fixtures

Wednesday v Rob Roy home (7pm) 2 points needed to win Section

Saturday v Arthurlie away (2pm) 1st League game of the season

News

Some significant sponsor news coming up soon

We will soon announce the official opening of the new enclosures at the Royston Road end of James Mc Grory Park

Thursday - FREE football for local primary school kids at James Mc Grory Park

MON THE CANDY

Just reading your league fixture on Saturday got me thinking when the last time St. Roch's would've played Arthurlie in a league game. With Arthurlie having been in the top couple of Central divisions since the mid 80s it must be close on 40 years since the two clubs met for league points. Even without league reconstruction this season both clubs would still have been in the same division in the old super first.

5 minutes ago, onemanwolfpack said:

Just reading your league fixture on Saturday got me thinking when the last time St. Roch's would've played Arthurlie in a league game. With Arthurlie having been in the top couple of Central divisions since the mid 80s it must be close on 40 years since the two clubs met for league points. Even without league reconstruction this season both clubs would still have been in the same division in the old super first.

We could not have asked for a tougher 1st fixture but looking forward to visiting Dunterlee for 1st time

Wishing the St Rochs lads best of luck,from down Beechwood way,as the new season commences i'll be looking for your results and believe you'll more than hold your own in such a tight league.Hope one of the cups throws up a chance for Talbot to come visiting and will look  forward to reading all about the escapades from the excellant match reports provided by the Candy diehards.